PDA

View Full Version : WHY you DON'T GO TO HALLMARK AUTO BODY - My ridiculous turn of events with this place

JustinGTP
09-25-2007, 03:43 PM
*Updates are at the bottom of the main story*

Hello everyone,

It is my intention here to bring forth my experiences with Hallmark Auto Body, 1440 – 9 Avenue S.E, Calgary Alberta, T2G 0T5, phone number, 403.264.4580, to you, the people on this forum. This is long, but remember, this is what happened in my case. Nothing has been exaggerated and this is my story. I brought my 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP in on December 19, 2005 to receive repairs in which the insurance was covering under claim number XXXXXXXX with ING Insurance.

After it was picked up in January, I have had constant problems with the repairs. The front bumper they put on was misaligned and they proceeded to tell me that this is how it should be and how it couldn't be changed. Then after my mother and I complained about it, they said they would align it when we brought it back to get the side skirt put on that was still delayed in getting to the facility. Then, the brand new painted bumper they put on was peeling within a month!

They asked me if I was driving through sandpits. I said no, if you look, it is peeling on the side of the bumper which has no direct contact to rock chips and what have you. They took it in and repainted it.

The car was also damaged around the driver’s side rear wheel well. They fixed the dent there as well. Then, paint started to separate, yes separate from the car, around the driver's side rear wheel well, about a 12 inch section or more. Water may have got in to this area when the paint was separated and rust could be an issue, I will get back to this point later. Then, paint started to peel around the gas tank. They took it in a fixed that. ING had paid $8,451.68 and we paid $1,000 for this shoddy workmanship. The repairs obviously were not done with care and attention, and customer service was okay until you pointed out their mistakes, they then became sarcastic and rude.

We then came back personally when someone reversed into my door; I paid out of pocket for this to be fixed It cost $6,019.21. Basically, a brand new door was put on, they promised that they would take the VIN sticker from the old door and just simply cut it out so I would have it in my glove compartment. They were going to put the door back how it was. I came back, and there was no badge on the door; they forgot to order a new one and put it on the door. He didn’t charge for the badge, but it would be an inconvenience to me for them to order it, me to pay for it, and come back once more! They threw out my old door and did not cut out pertinent information about my car, the VIN, the manufacture date, the colour code, where it was made, etc, was all thrown out. All they said was, sorry, can’t do anything for you.

I also took off a trim piece because it was falling off and I placed it in the trunk. They charged me for a new one, but the one I put in the trunk is now gone. I did not ask them to remove it. For all I know, they just put on the old one and charged me for a new one, for labour and for paint. The door trim piece was rubbing on the body and the inside door panel is misaligned and rubs on the door handle. I knew how to put on the trim piece, so I fixed that myself. The interior piece still rubs.

This is subpar work. Upon picking it up, there were two dents in the hood that were not there before. This was second incident was brought in on May 14, 2007. Now, you can see why this whole experience over almost two years with this company has been absolutely frustrating and unnecessary.

To add insult to injury, I went back to them again on September 24, 2007. This time, the same driver’s side rear wheel well is bubbling. A lady asked me why I wanted to speak to a manager, and why I had such a big paper in my hand. I told this lady my problems and she told me that her front bumper was not aligned either. I am not the only one, apparently. Now, the secretary overheard this conversation and told the manager. I think this is why he proceeded to swear and yell at me, and I kid you not. He told me that he never wants to see me back again, thanks a lot for telling the other customer of my problems, (which is funny, they want you to sing and praise them when they do a good job, but apparently it is not the case when it comes to bad work). The manager told me that it is rust under that panel, my car is old and that’s why it’s rusting. The car does not have a speck of rust on it apart from the area they fixed after it separated. It’s only a year 2000 with 135000kms on it! He was rude, swearing, yelling and completely inconsiderate. He won’t even fix the car when we paid them to fix it and the repair job comes with a lifetime warranty. He told me that he doesn't cover rust, but it clearly says on their website they don't guarantee rust repairs. This rust is caused by shoddy repairs; there was no rust there in the beginning. I don't even know if the paint is bubbling due to rust, I am not a rust expert. I can't see rust, but it could be under the paint.

The manager was yelling, swearing, and being completely rude to me and said that he is done with me, telling me he won’t fix it, arguing with me about the service I have had with them thus far and slamming my car’s doors; I am outraged at his customer service ethic and I am seeking a refund on the labour and paint to get this car fix properly somewhere else.

If this is the way that his business treats customers, why do I want to go back and get warranty done there? Whenever they dealt with me, they were rude, sarcastic with an air or superiority like they knew everything and that the customer does not. There is nothing but sour grapes between the business and I, I want the money so I can get it fixed elsewhere.

I have filed a complaint with my insurance company and with the Better Business Bureau. We will see what happens and I will keep all posted.

Thanks for reading!

Regards,
Justin.

UPDATES:
Alrighty guys, here are some interesting updates! Today is October 25th, and this has been dragging on for too long. ING seems to be very helpful, but they don't return phone calls promptly.

1. BBB sent me a fax on October 24th, 2007 stating that, and I quote, "... The company has not responded to the Bureau to date". Wow, not a huge surprise, look at the history *I* have had with Hallmark.

2. They provided me a link to an online site with regards to the complaint history in that fax I got from the BBB. I followed the link, and it turns out Hallmark has posted a reply the next day that BBB posted a no response from them.

This is what Hallmark writes:

"Dear XXX(BBB's Contact Name);

After careful consideration, we have concluded that we cannot justify warranty on Justin's 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix.

The repairs were completed in January, 2006 and the problem he has recently brought to our mutual attention is not related to our workmanship in any way. The paint issue is of an unkown nature and is most likely a rusting issue which has nothing to do with our repair work.

In conclusion, Justin has also posted some unsatisfying material on automotove related websitesm which we have forwared to our legal department.

Normally we would hepl a customer in goodwill, but due to the negative comments posted on these websites, we are not prepared to do anything further for this individual.

Yours truly,

Hallmark Autobody."

Hmm, where do I first start? Let's see - firstly, the "repairs they made are "not related to ...(their)... workmanship in anyway"? What? The only areas on my car that are bubbling, peeling, separating, rusting, etc. are from their repairs! The area, like I stated above, which is bubbling again, was fixed once, then the paint lifted and separated from the car, then they fixed it, now it's bubbling. Of course moisture and road salt etc. got into the massive gap between the paint and the car and is probably causing my problems now.

Also, they state that "the paint issue is of an unknown nature" and then proceed to say "most likely a rusting issue". This is a complete contradiction, they say it's unknown but then proceed to tell me what they "think" the problem is without even examining it, oh, and just looking at the paint doesn't count. They should have dug it out to look at the real cause.

Now, this is the best part. "Justin ... has also posted some unsatisfying material on automotive websites, which we have forwared ot our legal department". I suppose they are talking about what I posted here. So, they are going to forward this to their legal department. The legal departmentis going to read the story and hopefully decide to not to get their cars fixed at Hallmark Autobody. I don't see whate else they can do other than tell Hallmark they have no case and that they need to fix their negative attitude towards their customers when it comes to problems. I have never once used slander against their company, I am telling the truth, in my experience, of what happened when I took MY car to their BUSINESS. I was treated terribly, I was given the run around, I received shoddy work, I had to go back COUNTLESS times to get things FIXED over and over.

"Normally, we would help a customer in goodwill, but due to the negative comments..." Yah, right. Look at you treated me when I went down there the first time about the paint bubbling. Who was the one swearing, yelling and being rude? That's right, Hallmark was. Who was insulting the customer and not standing behind their warranty that I paid for? This is exactly why I am making a hoo-ha about this now. This is why I am posting here. This is why I complained to the BBB. And now I have received this reply from them, which is pretty poor and does not do well for their case, I am taking this to the media. Positive comments come around and so do negatives, and as a business you have to man up and own the negatives and fix it and turn them into positives instead of making up a crock of fucking bullshit to avoid the problem. It's funny how if you praise their company, they will honour the warranty, but if it's a negative, then they don't. They clearly state/imply this in that last part of their letter.

If Hallmark thinks that me posting this on their website is the end of me being sick and tired of their horrible customer service, they had better think again. They chose the wrong person to treat this badly and I am not backing down.

UPDATE NOVEMBER 1 2007

This was the response that I had forwarded to the BBB in regards to Hallmark's response.

Dear Better Business Bureau,

I do not accept Hallmark's response. Firstly, and I quote their response, the bubbling is "not related to ... (their)... workmanship in anyway"? I find this to be clearly inaccurate because the only areas on my car that are bubbling, peeling, separating, rusting, etc. are from their repairs! The area, like I stated above, was fixed the first time due to the original accident, then the paint lifted and separated from the car, then they fixed it again, and now the area is proceeding to bubble. There is no doubt in my mind that moisture and road salt got into the massive gap between the paint and the car when their paint had lifted and separated from my car after it was fixed the first time and before it was fixed on that second occasion. Also, they state that "the paint issue is of an unknown nature" and then proceed to say "most likely a rusting issue". This is a complete contradiction, they say it's unknown but then continue to tell me what they "think" the problem is without even examining it. No other area on my car has any problems with the quality other than the areas that Hallmark has fixed. This is not a coincidence, it is factual. When I went to their shop on September 24, 2007, they acknowledged the problem and they told me that this is going to keep on happening because they repaired the metal and didn't replace the metal.

Now, this is where I am going to address the comment about what I have posted online, even though it is completely irrelevant to the case. I have posted exactly what I have sent to you, the BBB, on some car enthusiast websites clearly stating that the material I have posted is my own experience. I have never once used slander against their company, I am telling the truth, in my experience, of what happened when I took my car to their business. I was treated terribly, I was given the run around, I received shoddy workmanship, and I had to go back COUNTLESS times to get things FIXED over and over.

Hallmark says, "Normally, we would help a customer in goodwill, but due to the negative comments..." Basically, they are not going to do anything for me. I find that Hallmark Autobody is now skirting around the issue by saying that because I shared my negative experience with others that they will now no longer honour their warranty, the warranty that I paid for. I cannot see how they can relate what I say about their business to what they should or should not do when it comes to the warranty that I and my insurance company paid for when I brought my vehicle to them the first time. Businesses receive positive comments and negative comments and it is up to the business to be proud of the positive comments and to find a resolution to fix the negative comments within good reason. Hallmark treated me exceptionally bad when I went down to their business on September 24, 2007 about the paint bubbling. Hallmark was the one swearing, yelling and being rude. Hallmark was insulting me, the customer, and Hallmark was not standing behind their warranty; the warranty that I paid for. This is exactly why I am bringing this to the attention of the BBB.

Thank you and regards,
Justin.

GQBalla
09-25-2007, 04:10 PM
wow...

thanks for the heads up for sure..
definatly jerk manager.... definiatly keep us posted on this topic.

i wanna see what the BBB does

Russo
09-25-2007, 04:34 PM
wow, wont be goin there for sure..

sh0ko
09-25-2007, 04:38 PM
what a prick.. good luck man! i hate autobody shops for this reason!

urban.one
09-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Take them to small claims court if you really feel they have not completed the job you (or your insurance) paid them to do.

Complain the to BBB as well.

infected
09-25-2007, 05:03 PM
I must say you're very patient to wait two years before reporting them.

Guess this adds to the list:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/110550/recommended-bodyshops-in-calgary-area/

JustinGTP
09-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks, I posted my link on that other thread.

AG_Styles
09-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by sh0ko
what a prick.. good luck man! i hate autobody shops for this reason!

not all autobody shops are bad at all. Dan at Screamin is awesome.

OP, sucks that the managers and ur overall experiance came out like that. I know i had that problem too when my accord had to be repaired and i went to a shop which "fixed" everything, but everything came back pretty terrible. I'd list the shop i went to but thank god they closed down already.

Spoons
09-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Coles notes anyone? Sorry I'm curious but brutally lazy...

GTS Jeff
09-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
Coles notes anyone? Sorry I'm curious but brutally lazy... Dude goes to the bar, meets a chick, bangs her. Discovers he has the herp next week. The end.

nich148_9
09-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
Coles notes anyone? Sorry I'm curious but brutally lazy...

Series of events:
- Front bumper installation not aligned properly
- Paint peeling on things that Hallmark painted
- Customer service was OK, but when you pointed out a mistake, they became pissy
- Were supposed to repair door
- Were supposed to peel VIN and other information off the old door and put it in the glovebox
- Failed to keep VIN info, old door was thrown out, nothing they could do
- OP is not alone in what happened
- Another customer was in the store at the same time and they had the same issues with the bumper alignment
- Manager came out
- Manager blew his top
- Manager was rude, swearing, etc.
- OP told the manager to huff Raid
- That last note was a lie
- The end

TomcoPDR
09-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks for sharing your story, sorry to hear the ordeal dealing with customer service and quality; glad you specifically acknowledge the particular company involved and not "paint" (pun intended :D) the entire industry with the same brush.

That's why I decided to offer my time on Beyond, before that every other posts with Paintless Dent Repair with DIFFERENT companies is refered to as: "Those dent people can fix that damage; they all the same"

ricefarmer
09-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by nich148_9

Series of events:

- OP told the manager to huff Raid
- That last note was a lie
- The end

:rofl:

pinoyhero
09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Damn that sucks, lets see how this one turns out but I'll be streering clear for sure.

AllGoNoShow
09-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Wow definatly keep us updated Justin.

I'll edit Hallmark's area in the thread right now so no one else runs into that bullshit.

Your elliots brother right?

funkedelic
09-26-2007, 07:35 AM
i dont understand why you returned to that shop so many times when they had done such a horrible job and couldn't seem to get the repairs completed properly

good luck though, hopefully you get all your money back

Spoons
09-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Dude goes to the bar, meets a chick, bangs her. Discovers he has the herp next week. The end.

I liked that story better... :rofl:

03ozwhip
09-26-2007, 04:11 PM
SHITTY, BUT JUST ONE QUESTION, WHY DID IT COST OVER 6K TO REPLACE YOUR DOOR SOMEONE BACKED INTO?

*edit* sorry for the caps.

JustinGTP
09-26-2007, 06:16 PM
SHITTY, BUT JUST ONE QUESTION, WHY DID IT COST OVER 6K TO REPLACE YOUR DOOR SOMEONE BACKED INTO?

GM OEM parts are to blame here. I thought it was overpriced, but I checked with GM. The brand new door alone is 1825.25, and then you have to add the moulding prices to that as well, and they range from 200 to 700 bucks!

I don't know why I went back there with my own money, I am so mad at myself.

I got a fax today from the BBB stating they have received and filed my complaint against the company.

Tom, I know not to tar all the industry with the same brush! I really want you to fix 4 dings on my car when you are back in Calgary, lol.

Yes, I am Elliot's brother. :)

JustinGTP
09-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Okay,

Here is the first official update. Basicall I called ING insurance because they didn't call me back like they said they would. I first called them on the Monday I had all of these problems. I called on Thursday at 1pm or so. This time when I called in the lady said that Hallmark had called them back and told them that the problem I was having was from wear and tear, my car is old, and that is why they aren't covering it. I basically told her that my car is in amazing shape for its age and that there is not a single bit of rust on it, apart from the area that may become a problem in the future. I also told her that I didnt want to go back to Hallmark if they can do anything for me because of the way they treated me! She said that she would have to speak to their supervisor. ING told me that they are sending an adjuster to look at my car to determine if it is wear and tear or if it is a bad paint job. Let's see what happens here.

I will keep you posted.

johnnybad1
09-28-2007, 01:06 AM
I bet the adjuster works for ING and if so you should hire your own appraiser to get an independent report.

Then file a writ in small claims court against the bodyshop.

Report ING to the insurance brokers association of Alberta for misconduct if the fuck you around.

And take your story to the Herald, the local TV, your Alderman.

Hire some street bums to picket the body shop with big signs that say "This shop does shit work beware!".

Hard lesson is that businesses who perform insurance claims work consider the insurance company to be thier customer since that's who pay's them. It's the bums rush man sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'll never deal with those jackasses either.

Crymson
09-28-2007, 11:11 AM
SOOO many of these threads on beyond now. What the hell is with the fucking sheisters and shoddy shops in town. I'm terrified to take my car out of the garage now.

AJS.Si
09-28-2007, 11:26 AM
stay away from courtesy collision in ogden as well. :thumbsdow

SilverBoost
09-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
SOOO many of these threads on beyond now. What the hell is with the fucking sheisters and shoddy shops in town. I'm terrified to take my car out of the garage now.

Like every other business/industry in Calgary right now, I'm pretty certain they're suffering from the labour shortage as well. Good help is hard to find and great help, impossible. It's not an excuse, just saying I bet there are more fuck ups more often because of it.

JustinGTP
10-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Okay so here is another update.

A guy from WestCan Appraisals came out and looked at the vehicle. He was 15 minutes late and didn't even apologize. :rolleyes: Anyways, all I need him to do is tell ING that my car is not old and rusty and that it is just the area where the bodyshop fixed where it is starting to bubble. My car looked amazing when he came and he said my car looked really good for is age. I will contact ING on Monday.

JustinGTP
10-26-2007, 12:27 AM
I updated today with some interesting information. Updates can be found in orginal post.

JustinGTP
10-29-2007, 11:10 PM
I am still waiting for ING to get back to me. This is taking it's time, anyone else have experiences with ING?

ZorroAMG
10-30-2007, 01:20 AM
I still see no correlation between 6k and a door.

1800 for the door
500 for trim

2300 for parts....HOW THE EFF DOES ONE JUSTIFY CHARGING 3720 to paint and install a fucking door?

That should have been your second clue that the shop sucks. Your first being all the shitty original work causing constant problems to your bumper etc.

Sorry for your problems but it sounds like they saw you coming all the way....

racin_jayson
10-30-2007, 10:42 AM
what a nightmare... hope it all works out for you. It's always nice when fellow consumers give a heads up when a company is acting poorly and vise versa.

Mitsu3000gt
10-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Can you take them to small claims court?

JustinGTP
10-31-2007, 01:15 AM
Yes, once ING has decided on what they are going to do or what they are not going to do, I will contact Global News, CTV, Marketplace and other media/news/press companies. This is winter, it's going to be a hot topic with the increased number of accidents. Then small claims or law-suit. I am not going to stand down, people should not be treated this way by any company. Also, it's not like I am being unreasonable, I feel as though I have a good case.

anarchy
10-31-2007, 01:29 AM
Wow, good for you for not backing down.

Good luck with this and keep us updated.
Sounds like a bunch of crooks.

JustinGTP
10-31-2007, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by anarchy
Wow, good for you for not backing down.

Good luck with this and keep us updated.
Sounds like a bunch of crooks.

Thanks man! And if Hallmark is reading, me going to the media is not a threat, it's a promise.

JustinGTP
11-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Updated : I just responded to their repsonse. I will see what happens now.

SCHIDER23
11-01-2007, 05:50 AM
:eek: man I ran into this types of problems in the past, but with a mechanic shop, but I didn't get screwed this bad, Sorry to hear shops like this take advantage of people just because they are not assholes like them, :( I'm looking forward to updates .

bituerbo
11-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah... just another praise for Screamin' over here.

JustinGTP
11-01-2007, 10:29 PM
UPDATE

This was the response that I had forwarded to the BBB in regards to Hallmark's response.

Dear Better Business Bureau,

I do not accept Hallmark's response. Firstly, and I quote their response, the bubbling is "not related to ... (their)... workmanship in anyway"? I find this to be clearly inaccurate because the only areas on my car that are bubbling, peeling, separating, rusting, etc. are from their repairs! The area, like I stated above, was fixed the first time due to the original accident, then the paint lifted and separated from the car, then they fixed it again, and now the area is proceeding to bubble. There is no doubt in my mind that moisture and road salt got into the massive gap between the paint and the car when their paint had lifted and separated from my car after it was fixed the first time and before it was fixed on that second occasion. Also, they state that "the paint issue is of an unknown nature" and then proceed to say "most likely a rusting issue". This is a complete contradiction, they say it's unknown but then continue to tell me what they "think" the problem is without even examining it. No other area on my car has any problems with the quality other than the areas that Hallmark has fixed. This is not a coincidence, it is factual. When I went to their shop on September 24, 2007, they acknowledged the problem and they told me that this is going to keep on happening because they repaired the metal and didn't replace the metal.

Now, this is where I am going to address the comment about what I have posted online, even though it is completely irrelevant to the case. I have posted exactly what I have sent to you, the BBB, on some car enthusiast websites clearly stating that the material I have posted is my own experience. I have never once used slander against their company, I am telling the truth, in my experience, of what happened when I took my car to their business. I was treated terribly, I was given the run around, I received shoddy workmanship, and I had to go back COUNTLESS times to get things FIXED over and over.

Hallmark says, "Normally, we would help a customer in goodwill, but due to the negative comments..." Basically, they are not going to do anything for me. I find that Hallmark Autobody is now skirting around the issue by saying that because I shared my negative experience with others that they will now no longer honour their warranty, the warranty that I paid for. I cannot see how they can relate what I say about their business to what they should or should not do when it comes to the warranty that I and my insurance company paid for when I brought my vehicle to them the first time. Businesses receive positive comments and negative comments and it is up to the business to be proud of the positive comments and to find a resolution to fix the negative comments within good reason. Hallmark treated me exceptionally bad when I went down to their business on September 24, 2007 about the paint bubbling. Hallmark was the one swearing, yelling and being rude. Hallmark was insulting me, the customer, and Hallmark was not standing behind their warranty; the warranty that I paid for. This is exactly why I am bringing this to the attention of the BBB.

Thank you and regards,
Justin.

A790
11-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, I'll never go to Hallmark.

- 1 customer for them.

Toms-SC
11-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Pretty crappy thing to have happen

JustinGTP
11-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Ok guys,

Dealing with ING has been a total pain in my ass as well. After waiting and waiting and waiting for them to call me back, I always have to call them. I am sick of playing these games! It's been almost two months since I called them about this problem and now all they have to say to me is that they cannot do anything for me and that I have to "prove my loss."

So, they say that they can't determine the cause so I have to go and pay someone to take off the paint and grind into the metal to look at it. This is bullshit! What did their adjuster do other than arrive 20 minutes late? He just looked at it. LOOKED at it and told them that it's not Hallmark's fault. Um, ING says I have to pay and get it grinded back to look at it because it can't be determined but the adjuster who just "looked" at it can tell what's wrong?

God this is SO FRUSTRATING.

But, I am not done fighting this yet.

JustinGTP
11-26-2007, 02:44 AM
Update:

It's been a week since I asked the lady looking after my case to get a manager to phone me - and no phone call. I called in mid week and the guy said to wait for him to call me. So I have been waiting and waiting.

Since then, I have had two body shops look at my car.

1. One bodyshop said defnitely it's bad bodywork, the body work is cracking and bubbling.

2. Second bodyshop said that they cannot be 100 percent sure as to what is causing the problems without looking behind the paint.

I've just emailed ING headoffice and I am looking for a reply from them to help speed up the process.

So, I wonder how WestCan appraisals, who showed up 20 mins late, can just look at my car and then write a novel about what could or couldn't be causing my problems.

I hate how the world runs and how every company is sleeping with eachother and they avoid the truth to make their relationships last. I had a guy who is working in the car repair business say to me that sometimes and he wouldnt be surprised that WestCan is just saying that it isnt the body shop to keep contracts or work flow in contact. The moment the word slips out that they are pointing fingers may be the moment they lose jobs. How ridiculous but how true this could be!

Eclipse_Spyder
11-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Calll AMVIC They will definetly do something good for uuuu

cuz thats a whole lot a bullshit comming form that place,

and if nothing else solves ur problem, gosoline and matches are ur best friend:thumbsup:

Annoyingrob
11-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Hmm, my car's supposed to be going to Hallmark pretty soon to get some hit-and-run damage fixed.

Damn you, just when I thought I found a decent body shop........

Edit: Post some pictures of the problems you're having with your car.

JustinGTP
11-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Yep, I'll post some photos when I can.

Well, I would definitely advise that you don't go there - and tell them you read my story. They'll like that.

bigboom
11-29-2007, 10:24 AM
i wouldnt go back to hallmark either, they messed up my dad's ride when it was in there for painting too. they painted a piece on the front grill that wasnt supposed to be painted and then when it got taken back to get fixed all they said to him was oh well that wasnt supposed to be painted and it will peel off on its own. WTF.

scat19
11-29-2007, 01:08 PM
I hope you get it fixed up there bro... your car just all came together and now this.

Weapon_R
11-29-2007, 01:24 PM
I was a big fan of Hallmark as they have done two cars I've owned on insurance claims. I'll tell you this - the father that works there (if he's still around) is a real jerk. He's very rude to customers. I went there because I was told to go there by my insurance company, and their work was quite good.

There's no need to go there with so many other shops available in Calgary :thumbsup:

scat19
11-29-2007, 01:25 PM
for example, maranellos

TomcoPDR
11-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
all they said to him was oh well that wasnt supposed to be painted and it will peel off on its own. WTF.

:rofl: :rofl: just reminded me of high school autobody, not covering the tires (and when you paint it, it has a cool misty effect)... and then Mr. Cally gave us crap and that's exactly what we said: "Oh wouldn't that wash off eventually?" hahaha

cantaffordmytoy
11-29-2007, 04:12 PM
strange, I had excellent experiences with both ING and Halmark, sorry to hear that about your claim, good luck.

Daan
12-01-2007, 08:30 PM
a hit from behind in april was just solved by my ING contact in late November

so bad experience with ING and with a particular Ashley Winter
- requested call backs happened only once in the 6-7 months
- Ashley lost the pictures attached to my claim. I had to resend them to one of her colleagues, Chris early November
- Ashely made me pay the deductible, although the other party's insurance was the one who had too.

my friend who i consider *special insists she has a nice voice on the phone, i say [i]"guess that makes up for her liability" :)

LLPP
03-31-2008, 12:51 PM
Well it's just super to see that someone else has had shoddy work done at Hallmark Autobody and been abused for pointing it out to them. I assume you spoke with the same charming gentleman that I did: Joe Borrelli. I had my car fixed there after an accident and a year later the paint started to flake off the front bumper. Being as relatively unknowledgeable as I am about cars I just figured someone had backed into me in a parking lot or something so I let it go until I took it in to my regular repairman for something else and asked him to repaint the bumper while he had it. He originally quoted me $300 for the job but called me a few days later to tell me he'd have to charge me $500 because the shop that had replaced my bumper had not put primer on and that's why it was flaking off!! It was a painstaking job for him because it was hard to remove the paint in some spots. When I called Joe he swore and told me it wasn't true that they'd not put primer on and that he couldn't help me and hung up in my face. I would like to add that Mr. Borelli called into question the integrity of my mechanic and refused to speak with him, even though he says he's known him for more than 40 years! His name is Rob and he is with Stevo Auto Clinic which I note has a perfect rating with the BBB and, unlike Hallmark, has had zero complaints filed against them. Additionally he was recommended to me by a client who has used him for years and attests to the man's honest reputation...

LLPP
04-16-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm filing suit against Hallmark Autobody and want to know if others out there who have had similar abusive treatment at this shop wish to participate?

analbumcover
04-16-2008, 02:42 PM
over a $500 paintjob?,, its shearly not worth it

swallow your losses and take it as a learning experience, i guess you shoulda joined beyond last year :)

JustinGTP
04-25-2008, 02:55 AM
I think it is also over responsibilty and what is morally right. I have posted in your other thread LLPP.

My latest update with this is that ING plans on fixing my car or writing it off.

It has become very expensive for them and I doubt they are happy with Hallmark.

Who was right all along? Me. Hallmark did a bad job. I am not mad at ING, I am mad at Hallmark. I am just glad that ING has a warranty and that Hallmark is on their rely guarantee, although I doubt they should be....

This is my reply in the other thread:

"Hi there,

My name is Justin and I have just bumped into this thread and I also just got your private message! Now, I would like to address a couple of things. First and foremost, to the ralliart person who said they think that Hallmark is a better shop than most, I hardly call my situation better than most. I don’t see how you can also say that about Hallmark without weighing in these horrendous cases against them. I am sure that Hallmark Autobody relies on the fact that most people sell their car after a year or two from the accident so they don't have to worry about warranty claims on the vehicle. Since the next owner won’t probably know where the vehicle was fixed nor would they have the warranty.

Now, I would be interested in suing Hallmark; however, I can’t for my first accident. I would sue them for the second accident because that was out of my pocket. The reason why I cannot sue them for the first accident, in which my car went into a ditch, is because ING covered that claim. Now that ING is looking at my car again under their Rely Guarantee, they may fix or write of my car. This has become very expensive for them.

I would sue them for not honouring their warranty. I have a nice letter from them telling me that they do not want to deal with me again. Luckily for them, I feel the same way, and I definitely have more right to feel that way than they do. The second accident my car was in happened shortly after the first, this time someone backed into my driver's side door and fender. I had to fix that out of pocket at the tune of 6 thousand dollars. Crazy, right? Well, fortunately, that’s GM for you with their expensive parts, but still, Hallmark is now no longer giving me a warranty, a warranty which I had before I had these problems with them. I want to sue them for paint and labour or for loss of warranty or for not upholding their part of the deal, but I have not spoke with a lawyer yet and I am not sure of where to go to next, as I am a student and I am afraid of the potential cost.

However, let me know if I can be any help to your case even, I would love to take them down. I would testify against them in small claims court. I am/was considering taking this to the media; I just have to tread lightly because ING is finally taking care of the first accident problems.

Regards,

Justin."