PDA

View Full Version : SKYLINE GT-R36 2009.? what do u think?

LaughingTiger
09-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Okay so what do you guys think about this car? The reason I'm asking is that a good friend was on the list for #6 to get one of these spring 2008, but said he cant afford it and so I took his place .. I have heard theres a very long waiting list and I was told that I have to sign a 2 year contract not to sell the thing after buying.. Its gonna be priced in around the high 80's..

I think it looks pretty damn nice, but it doesnt steer too much away from the g35/350z type look.? I know performance wise it could kill thoughs, it claims to do 0-60 in under 4 sec with its 450bhp twin turbo 3.7 AWD.. But I dunno..

http://images.motortrend.com/future/112_0603fs_05z+nissan_skyline_gtr_concept+front_view.jpg

http://www.automotivearticles.com/uploads/ds-gtr-proto-official-004.jpg

http://www.automotivearticles.com/uploads/ds-gtr-proto-official-007.jpg

Destinova403
09-26-2007, 01:29 AM
what i would do to be in that spot instead of you... that contract thing is pretty gay but understandable... i dont understand why they arent just getting rid of the warranty for second owners.. but meh :dunno:

and as far as those numbers... IMHO they arent as farfetched as they may seem.

2EFNFAST
09-26-2007, 01:34 AM
Rather have a Z06 (oh wait, I do =) ) ..... call me synical, but I'm tired of the look of most of these imports nowadays. :dunno:

From the talks on pricing, i would be suprised if it was in the 80s (I was expecting higher)

LaughingTiger
09-26-2007, 01:36 AM
I know performance wise its pretty sound, but i just dont wanna be paying 90k for a 450hp g35/350z.. I dunno maybe its just me but its kinda got that look..?

kdwebber
09-26-2007, 01:39 AM
who told you that you cannot sell the car at anytime in the first two years of owning it?

LaughingTiger
09-26-2007, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Rather have a Z06 (oh wait, I do =) ) ..... call me synical, but I'm tired of the look of most of these imports nowadays. :dunno:

From the talks on pricing, i would be suprised if it was in the 80s (I was expecting higher)

naw,Its pretty confrimed its mid to high 80's.. The reason I would want this insted of a z06... etc is it's rare and limited.

I wonder how it would do up againt the Z06 also, be an interesting race..

LaughingTiger
09-26-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by kdwebber
who told you that you cannot sell the car at anytime in the first two years of owning it?

Nissan.. Its so ppl cant buy them and sell them for more rite away, I hear they are doing that for the new M series at BMW also..

Its a first for me too, I think its stupid.. I usually dont keep cars more then a year at most..

kdwebber
09-26-2007, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger

Nissan.. Its so ppl cant buy them and sell them for more rite away, I hear they are doing that for the new M series at BMW also..

Its a first for me too, I think its stupid.. I usually dont keep cars more then a year at most..

When the cars begin to be sold it will be interesting to see if Nissan is adement on all the customers signing this contract...

LaughingTiger
09-26-2007, 01:59 AM
Well, i think because of the waiting list and the limited quantity, if you dont sign they say"next on the list"..

kdwebber
09-26-2007, 02:04 AM
do you know how many they plan on selling in canada?

Team_Mclaren
09-26-2007, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

hmm.. the GTR looks noth like any imports out right now... is it a 5door hatch? :rolleyes:
and yes, they are in the 80s.

When the cars begin to be sold it will be interesting to see if Nissan is adement on all the customers signing this contract...

they void your warranty, thats how they do it.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/187726/nissan-may-void-warranty-for-2nd-owners-of-gt-r/

kdwebber
09-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

hmm.. the GTR looks noth like any imports out right now... is it a 5door hatch? :rolleyes:
and yes, they are in the 80s.

they void your warranty, thats how they do it.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/187726/nissan-may-void-warranty-for-2nd-owners-of-gt-r/

that makes more sense to me. they would have a pretty tough time making sure everyone did not sell their car within the first year or two.

Vagabond142
09-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Not really on the subject of buying... but isn't it the GTR-35? As the last Skyline was the R-34? :dunno:

4doorj
09-26-2007, 08:20 AM
i love it!!!!!
:thumbsup:
definitly keep it, and i think it looks way crazier then a 350 or a g35.... when its out im sure u wont even see the resemblance. It's so wide, headlights tailights are totally different. Definitly give me that over a vette :thumbsup:

450hp is plenty... but remember thats only stock. This car is turbo so you should be able to gain a ton more horsepower with mods.
But its so nice, I think I would try and leave it stock for a while.

teggypimp95
09-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Dude looks awesome id keep it for sure. Its going to hull ass!

benyl
09-26-2007, 08:41 AM

that makes more sense to me. they would have a pretty tough time making sure everyone did not sell their car within the first year or two.

um, no. When they sell it, they know who the owner is and they put it in their computers. Those computers store the data for a long long time, probably at least two years.

So if a new owner comes in with the car and says, I am so and so, and it doesn't match what is in the computa, they will know!

Oh, and a simple check at the DMV for the history of the car is easy enough.

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
Not really on the subject of buying... but isn't it the GTR-35? As the last Skyline was the R-34? :dunno:
There wasn't, and won't be an R-35. Instead they had the "Skyline V-35" (AKA the G35 in japan). They skipped the GTR in that gen. At least, I'm pretty sure thats how things went down.

benyl
09-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

The V-35 skyline was the first gen G35 here in North America.

Since the new Generation is out, I am guessing it is the V-36.

It is a chassis designation, not specific to the GTR.

Redlyne_mr2
09-26-2007, 09:03 AM
I don't like how they have used g35 styling cues... the LFS will be totally unique and unlike anything that lexus/toyota has.. there is just too much platform sharing in that car (from first glance and from what Ive read). Thats not to say the car wont be amazing.. but I guess well just have to wait and see.

Redlyne_mr2
09-26-2007, 09:23 AM
vid for those who havent seen it
zEWFlIED2Go

phreezee
09-26-2007, 09:30 AM
I had to sign a similar contract back in 2002 when I got the 350Z, but it was to ensure that I wouldn't export it to the US since it was cheaper for Americans to by Canadian back then. Look where we are today :)

mark4091
09-26-2007, 10:00 AM
It's going to look sooo good up in person, can't wait to see some of these rolling around.

Mibz
09-26-2007, 10:21 AM
The music in the background of that video sounds like the mall from Dead Rising.

SinisterProbeGt
09-26-2007, 10:26 AM
I can't wait for this car.
I have a deposit on one already for 2009.
Looks sick and with the TT kit from the factory you know it not far off of a 1000HP+ car with a few mods.
Look for one on calgary streets in 2009 with some goodies.
I built my G35 coupe to 600HP to get preped to drive this car when It come availiable.

kdwebber
09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by benyl

um, no. When they sell it, they know who the owner is and they put it in their computers. Those computers store the data for a long long time, probably at least two years.

So if a new owner comes in with the car and says, I am so and so, and it doesn't match what is in the computa, they will know!

Oh, and a simple check at the DMV for the history of the car is easy enough.

what I was saying is that it is easier to void a warranty on a car than it is to enforce a rule stating that no one can sell their car in the first two years...

LaughingTiger
09-26-2007, 05:43 PM
I think it will look better in person also. Im thinking either this or a 6 series BMW spring..

LaughingTiger
09-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
I can't wait for this car.
I have a deposit on one already for 2009.
Looks sick and with the TT kit from the factory you know it not far off of a 1000HP+ car with a few mods.
Look for one on calgary streets in 2009 with some goodies.
I built my G35 coupe to 600HP to get preped to drive this car when It come availiable.

Do you know how many they are bringing in .?