PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Meal Recipes For Bodybuilders

mdeleon
09-27-2007, 01:25 PM
I made this thread for anyone/everyone who has recipes to some good healthy meals. i know eating right is essential to keeping bodyfat down, i tend to eat the equivalent of 4 people (maybe a little exageration) and latley i havent been eating too healthy and it's starting to show, so im looking for some new recipes. im pretty sure everyone else will appreciate these recipes as well

i thought tis thread fit best in this section because the recipes im talking about are related to bodybuilding so ye.

when posting recipes, please indicate if the meal is better for mass, weight loss, or maintaining. also, indicate when the best times to eat the meal, i know certain things are better to eat before/after a certain time, i dont know too much about this stuff, so if any more info can be provided, please do so.

thanks

TVG
09-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Here is a really good one for carb cycling mass diets. Probably not good for people with very active appetites while cutting, because it is easy to get a ton of cals from this.

Greek beef:

Extra Lean Ground Beef - I use a whole pack (~$5)
Feta Cheese - A whole wheel, can be found in the deli section
Olives - A small can of sliced black olives

The original recipe said to make these into burgers, but that also tripled the total time to make, so now I just put the ingredients in a pan on medium and fry up. Takes about 10 minutes.

ercchry
09-27-2007, 05:19 PM
i dont really know if anything i make is good for me or not but i think it is...

so after a workout i like to take a can of tuna and put some garlic powder, onion powder, jalapeno tabasco, and pepper and mix it with one big table spoon of miracle whip and then eat it with wheat thins

i think that would be good for protein and still be rather health :dunno:

and then later on maybe some chicken wraps

whole wheat wraps
chicken (either boneless skinless thighs or breast)

chicken prep
montreal steak spice-to taste
olive oil- enough to coat it
maple syrup- just a bit
garlic- to taste
bbq sauce- just a bit

now toss it all in a bag, let it sit for 20min or so (all day in the fridge if you want)

bbq
when doing this sear both sides and every time you flip it put some of the stuff from the bag on it

cut up toss on wrap with ranch and honey mustard and veggies or whatever