PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Dreaming

Darkane
09-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Just curious if anyone is into it here? I've done some experimenting with it but I'm not great at it. I can almost say I've mastered remembering all my dreams, that is the first step.

Anyone have any tips or anything? When in dreams It's amazing what you can do. Anything is possible.

:thumbsup:

ercchry
09-27-2007, 08:39 PM
i find my dreams are more controlable the longer i have been sleeping, like if im sick or injured and lay in bed all day for about 2 days then i can sleep for ever and they are just nuts and i can remember them and im aware that i am dreaming so i can do crazy shit in them

also it can get to a point that im half awake and i can control what i dream about

Street_Soldier
09-27-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm not really into but it seems to happen at times. Last time i did 2 chicks at the same time.

wakeup
09-27-2007, 09:49 PM
I've heard about that before.
It's really intriguing theory but I thought it would takes great amount of time and training. Good for you.

But... I don't know. I like the randomness of the dream, it's like watching a movie or something. Plus, it's also supposed to be the reflection of your subconcious mind. Wouldn't it be tiring to control your dream when your brain is supposed to be resting?

I remeber learing about it in my humanity class. It was stated that it's possible to lead a second life. It just sounded a little psycotic if you ask me. But I can see how it can be used for good. I could meet Jesus himself if I wanted to haha.

Nonetheless, I'm amused.

Hakkola
09-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Nice, I need to figure this out and have some measure of control. I keep dying or killing people in my dreams. :thumbsdow

Darkane
09-28-2007, 01:50 AM
Good stuff. Yesterday I did a simple water experiment. It went like this: (this is supposed to work well for remembering the dream really vividly)

Take a glass of water and drink half of it, Save the last half for the morning. Now this is the tricky part; Essentially picture yourself waking up, finishing the water and REMEMBERING your dream. Go through this in your mind quite a few times and truly believe it. In the morning drink the water and the empty glass should trigger your memory pattern.

It was pretty outrageous, I tried it last night and in the morning I drank the water and Had a literal flashback of part of my dream.. I don't know how to explain it. Someone try this and let me know what happens.

On a second note try to be really relaxed when you run through your morning water scenario before you fall asleep. What I did was a set of deep breathing and when I was relaxed I took in breathe flexing my feet and released tension exhailing. I did this to all my muscles until I reached my head and I was totally relaxed. Repeat in your mind About the awaking and finishing the water and then remembering your dream. In the morning try it out :)

I guess The actual lucid dreaming takes a fair bit of Meditation and discipline. You must make yourself believe that you will have a lucid dream but not want it to bad.

They claim lucid dreams are the most vivid because you were actually participating in the dream.

Sweet dreams!

GTS Jeff
09-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Lucid dreams will just happen by themselves every now and then. I find that taking long naps in the afternoon and shifting between wakefulness and sleep does the trick.

iblizzard
09-28-2007, 02:52 AM
I don't have much to add to this really.. other than a really interesting link I found a few months back... I'd be interested in trying this one day!

Lucid Dreaming Face Mask (http://cre.ations.net/creation/face-mounted-lucid-dreaming-mask)

wakeup
09-28-2007, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Darkane
It was pretty outrageous, I tried it last night and in the morning I drank the water and Had a literal flashback of part of my dream.. I don't know how to explain it. Someone try this and let me know what happens.
Awesome. I'm surely trying it out tonight. Is it weird I'm getting that tingling sensation that you get when you know you are being naughty.:dunno:
Now somebody knock me out please. CANT SLEEP. It's like a pattern now days.

Originally posted by Hakkola
Nice, I need to figure this out and have some measure of control. I keep dying or killing people in my dreams.

want some candy? ( Dane Cook)

The dream can be a sign that you are under a lot of stress and pressure lately so try to relax.
On the other hand, the dream also can be interpretated as a indication of oncoming wealth on your path.
BS?:whocares: at least it made ya feel better.

blueripper6
09-28-2007, 04:19 AM
I heard that if you stretch before you sleep you have crazy dreams..

and oh.. sleep with the patch on. LOL

Supa Dexta
09-28-2007, 08:26 AM
I kind of have 2 that have stuck with me over the yrs, not lately, but every now and then..

the first being me in a hay mow/ hay loft.. (I grew up on a farm) So I'll be up there and theres this black hole in the hay that I either jump in or fall in, and I get the most intense free falling feeling, so much so that it feels I can't breath and my whole body tightens right up, tighter and tighter as I expect the impact to come any second, and them BOOM! it's over, I think I wake up and my body loosens up but it feels like the burn you get from working out..

The next having something to do with the fact I was always kick ass at jumping when I was younger, high jump long jump..etc.. I'll be just dreaming of everyday shit and for some reason I jump, but I end up being able to jump say a couple hundred feet in the air, and kind of glide like a squirrel, I'll glide for a bit, until it always enters my head I'm not able to glide!? wtf am I doing way up here..

Hahaha

But I can only hold it for a few seconds, before again, I start to fall, it gets intense as hell and them Bam! Awake....

:nut:

Girlfriend says I jump around a lot some nights.. haha I must have fell off something when I was young, that or it may have something to do with me and my friend always climbing around in the barn jumping into the hay, with the hay loft being sometimes 20ft+ above the hay.. it used to freak me out, but when your friend makes it, you gotta match it... :D

MilanoRedTeg
09-28-2007, 08:38 AM
I've heard about this lucid dreaming stuff but only when I started experiencing this thing called sleep paralysis. I doubt alot of you have heard about that but scared the shit out of me at first, even went to the doctor and he had heard about it but there isn't much I can do about it. Heres some links to it if your interested, freaked me out when I saw these pages because it described pretty much what was happening to me and I thought I was just going crazy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

topmade
09-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Sweet I'm going to try the water thing. Most of my dreams are like WTF am I doing? I'm just not sure if I can get myself to relax enough and not getting bothered by the kids, but I'm going to try.

Darkane
09-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Just a tip on the water thing, tried it again last night and nothing happened. Mind you I couldn't even sleep for 2 hours. I was to restless and couldn't get into the state of mind needed. Maybe the one yesterday was a fluke not sure. Try again tonight :)

mdeleon
09-28-2007, 01:35 PM
first time i had sex was in a dream haha jk.

anyways, i've only had one dream that i controlled where someone stole my car, for some reason they got out to watch the sunset so i stole it back, then suddenly he got another car and is chasing me, this part was fun as hell cuz i felt like i was driving like a pro haha. i eventually lost him and then drove home, but he was parked outside my house. i hid between other cars and was trying to figure out what i should do, all of a sudden i told myself, "why don't you just wake up?"

and then i woke up. it was the creepiest yet coolest dream i've ever had that i remember.

i've also had dreams that warned me of something that was gonna happen in the future. of course it ended up happening anyway cuz i either didnt make note of the dream or didnt remember until it actually happened.

wakeup
10-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by MilanoRedTeg
I've heard about this lucid dreaming stuff but only when I started experiencing this thing called sleep paralysis. I doubt alot of you have heard about that but scared the shit out of me at first, even went to the doctor and he had heard about it but there isn't much I can do about it. Heres some links to it if your interested, freaked me out when I saw these pages because it described pretty much what was happening to me and I thought I was just going crazy

Wow, I'm surprised that you never heard of it.
Maybe it's me or just my group of people that I hang out with
but I thought it's pretty much a common thing.

There was a time where I exprienced SP frequently back in junior high. I could hear voices or feel someone jumping on the bed right beside me combined with childrens laghter. I was scared shitless. I thought they are taking me:rofl:.

Drove me insane That I couldn't scream or even make a slight noise to call out help to the people who were sitting right beside me.

MilanoRedTeg
10-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by wakeup

Wow, I'm surprised that you never heard of it.
Maybe it's me or just my group of people that I hang out with
but I thought it's pretty much a common thing.

There was a time where I exprienced SP frequently back in junior high. I could hear voices or feel someone jumping on the bed right beside me combined with childrens laghter. I was scared shitless. I thought they are taking me:rofl:.

Drove me insane That I couldn't scream or even make a slight noise to call out help to the people who were sitting right beside me.

yeah I experienced exactly the same thing, the voices really messed me up. Nobody I knew had this so I thought I was just going crazy. I didn't have this for about 4 months and then just the other night, bam it hit me again but Its alright now that I know wtf is going on. Seems to happen mostly when I sleep during the day though.

littledan
10-01-2007, 03:05 PM
in some cultures it is beleived that sleep paralysis is actually caused by a ghost who is holding you down! :eek: now that is some scary shit especially if you heard a bunch of childrens voices. aiya.

snowboard
10-01-2007, 03:11 PM
fuck sleep paralysis is so fuckin scary
my ex girlfreind used to have to save me from it, first time i had it i seriously thought i was dying. now im used to it, but shes the only one that knows when its happening to me and can snap me out of it haha

lately ive been having the clearest dreams ever, i dont control them but they are super clear, and some are like heart stopping scary. i do that thing at night when i stop breathing and sometimes that is part of the dream, i FUCKING hate that. i hate not being able to breath.

MilanoRedTeg
10-01-2007, 03:33 PM
it actually makes me feel better to see that i'm not the only one, it always feels like something is grabbing me and trying to me me off or right through my bed/couch. my scariest episode was probably when i fell asleep propped upright and it felt like something started choking me from behind and whispering shit in my ear. It was after that time when I was like fuck this i'm going to a doctor.

ercchry
10-02-2007, 12:34 AM
it actually makes me feel better to see that i'm not the only one, it always feels like something is grabbing me and trying to me me off or right through my bed/couch. my scariest episode was probably when i fell asleep propped upright and it felt like something started choking me from behind and whispering shit in my ear. It was after that time when I was like fuck this i'm going to a doctor.

that sounds like some nightmare on elm street shit

wakeup
10-02-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by littledan
in some cultures it is beleived that sleep paralysis is actually caused by a ghost who is holding you down! :eek: now that is some scary shit especially if you heard a bunch of childrens voices. aiya.

Also it's believed that if you don;t wake up from it, your soul will be taken by the ghost. Thus you die, which adds even more horror to the experience.

MilanoRedTeg, I'm glad that you don't suffer from it any more. But for future reference, if the experience is unbearable there are ways you can end it quickly. Do try and concentrate on moving your finger tips. The nerve onfingers seems to be the least effected parts on your body by the paralysis. Ever watched The Skeleton Key? same analogy, man. It's all a hallucination that your mind plays. By moving fingers, you are kind of breaking the "spell" that you are under.
Channel your inner kill bill!

wakeup
10-02-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I kind of have 2 that have stuck with me over the yrs, not lately, but every now and then..

the first being me in a hay mow/ hay loft.. (I grew up on a farm) So I'll be up there and theres this black hole in the hay that I either jump in or fall in, and I get the most intense free falling feeling, so much so that it feels I can't breath and my whole body tightens right up, tighter and tighter as I expect the impact to come any second, and them BOOM! it's over, I think I wake up and my body loosens up but it feels like the burn you get from working out..

The next having something to do with the fact I was always kick ass at jumping when I was younger, high jump long jump..etc.. I'll be just dreaming of everyday shit and for some reason I jump, but I end up being able to jump say a couple hundred feet in the air, and kind of glide like a squirrel, I'll glide for a bit, until it always enters my head I'm not able to glide!? wtf am I doing way up here..

sorry to double post but I just read yours.
Sounds like growth dreams. I guess you are still growing dude.

krisopotamus
10-02-2007, 02:13 PM

I have been getting those too, the first time it scared the living hell out of me, found out what it was on the net. WHat happened was I was laying on the couch downstairs and all of a sudden the sound of my hot tub running stopped, then I felt a strong pressure pushing me into the couch. I tried moving but couldn't do anything, I heard some scary demonic voice and I couldn't yell out. It was so freaky, I thought I was either dying or being possessed. Second and third time it still scared the crap out of me, even though I was fully aware what was going on. A little better now but I still hate having them

snowboard
10-02-2007, 02:17 PM
fuck i just read up on lucid dreaming and i get that when my alarm wakes me up in the morning, but i fall back asleep.. and it makes me sleep for like an extra hour while hardcore dreaming, then im late for work. its just like straight from being awake to dreaming, its crazyy as fuck..

hahaha

i wish i could just normally sleep.

zerocon
10-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I used to freeze up in my dreams... Like not be able to move at all when I needed too (usually resulting in a beatdown of epic porportions)... but whenever it was hot and i slept without blankets sometimes, I was able to move again in most of my dreams.

Then after doing some wicked awesome ninja kick in one of my dreams and waking up as i kicked the wall HARD... I realized it was because I tend to move around alot when i dream and I was getting wrapped up in my blankets :(

has nothing to do with the topic really... I just wanted to put it out there...

broken_legs
10-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by wakeup

sorry to double post but I just read yours.
Sounds like growth dreams. I guess you are still growing dude.

I have the same dreams. Im pretty sure im not growing anymore.

I always dream I am snbowboarding and I start catching sick air and just keep flying and flying and flying

Then I also have these dreams where im falling and then right when im about to hit the ground i wake up and it takes a full 30 seconds or so for my brain to calm down and realize that im still alive.

This lucid dreaming stuff sounds pretty cool

Kind of like Tantric dreaming lol

snowboard
10-07-2007, 05:55 PM
also, i had this dream, the other night, where i was banging this smokin hot chick. then it seirously felt like i had an orgasm... when i woke up the next day, my ginch were kinda damp and stuff? what does that mean?

zerocon
10-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
also, i had this dream, the other night, where i was banging this smokin hot chick. then it seirously felt like i had an orgasm... when i woke up the next day, my ginch were kinda damp and stuff? what does that mean?

:dunno:

but seriously that made me laugh out loud

liquidboi69
10-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

If you are just fucking around, I thought these were called WET DREAMS. I kinda take it you get what it means lol.

JDM¦FC
11-10-2007, 02:14 PM
I remember once both in my earlier life around 6 years old

I had a case of sleep paralysis AND lucid dreaming

For my sleep paralysis i woke up and my face was half covered
so it was kidna hard to breath then luckily my mom was standing right there and i said i cant move, and it felt like my jaw was paralyzed, and shes like you cant move, and obviously didnt beleive me, and it went on for a little longer, then next thing i new i could move, scariest thing thats happened to me sleep wise

As for the lucid dreaming, i was in the middle of a dream where i was on the calgary tower, tied up and someone pushed me off
i fell and fell and of course i was dreading it, then i got to this state of mind thinking that it was so real, i was just in shock that it was actually happeneing, then right before i hit the ground, i realized i was in a dream, i ALMOST woke up, but then i just stopped like a foot from the gruond, thought of not being tied up, next thing i knew i was standing on the gruond walking just thinkinig about the next thing i could do, and i could just make scenese appear, like in the matrix, like environments and objects i wanted there i could just make them appear, unfortunatly short after i woke up.

I have never had either cases since

mikestang
11-10-2007, 02:49 PM
when i was 17 i really got into it.. it took me a few weeks of "training" to start getting it good...

for me the whole thing is to see things in your everyday life and think "this is real, i'm not dreaming" then when you wake up go through your mind and say like that isn't possible in real life, I was dreaming etc.... once you start really seperating things in your mind as to whats possible/not possible.. eventually when you sleep your mind will think "wait, this isn't real" then all of a sudden you realize you're dreaming..and once that happens it's an incredible rush - which usually leads to you waking up because you got to excited... the hardest part when becoming lucid is not waking up...

I did it for a few months.. probably getting lucid 2 or 3 times a week, was the greatest feeling in the world.

lil*tymer
11-11-2007, 12:27 AM
The thing about sleep paralysis is that your body releases hormones when you sleep that paralysis your muscles so you dont act out your dreams.

many of you will find that you will start dreaming b4 fully asleep, this is when sleep paralysis can occur. i have learned to enjoy it and it quite a euphoric feeling of total relaxation.
just let it happen next time and close your eyes.

also if you have these problems and you find yourself extremly tired during the day you probably have narcolepsy.

colt22
11-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs

I have the same dreams. Im pretty sure im not growing anymore.

I always dream I am snbowboarding and I start catching sick air and just keep flying and flying and flying

\

I get those too, execpt im going down a powdery decline at insane speed, getting huge air and out of control, yet not falling or slowing down

lexIS300
11-12-2007, 01:52 AM
i fuking hate sleep paralysis, one time i had it happen to me like 3 times during one night of sleep. and i usually sleep on my stomach so sometimes my face is in my pillow and i get sleep paralysis and it feels like im being suffocated

ninjak84
11-12-2007, 05:14 PM
This sort of thing can be helpful to me too...
Like when I go out and get fucked up ... Even if I've been drinking hard liquor all night, I'll have 1 final Heineken can before I go down. First thing in the morning, when I'm dehydrated, I'll crawl to the fridge and have a cold Heineken again. Presto ... My memory starts coming back :) Must be the unique "keg" design of the little cans ....

Darkane
11-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey! I had my first sorta lucid dream while trying last night.

My roommate came home from night shift and I Got up to lock the door because he forgot.. Moments later i ACTUALLY woke up.. It was fucked up! Gotta work harder to know when I'm lucid. :thumbsup:

stealth
11-12-2007, 11:33 PM
So this paralysis sleep, are you wide awake and you can't move? Like you will be watching TV or sitting on the couch and all of a sudden you can't move and you hear shit.

Or are you waking up from a dream, but you can't move?

Sometimes in a dream when I am falling, it feels so real, that I wave and flap my arms and fling my head as if I am falling for a split second, which results in me smashing my head against the wall. Its more of a big twitch in my whole body.

403Gemini
11-13-2007, 12:51 PM

Yeah ive had this for awhile , fucking sucks. I wake up alot laying on my chest and try and push myself up in the morning (like doing a push up) and cant... ill be focusing all of my thought to push myself up and for whatever reason i cant... scares the snot outta me.

403Gemini
11-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah, and anybody ever "wake up" - do your normal morning activities (shower, shave, brush teeth, eat breakfast, drive to work/trainstation etc) then you ACTUALLY wake up... seriously ive lived my life in dreams its so weird... the ENTIRE morning is one huge ass deja vu. Cars are similar to the ones in my dreams on the drive to work, the clothes i pick are identical etc.

euro tang
11-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Anyone ever experience waking up to a panic attack? Now that sucks.
I used have that problem when I was around 10 years old and I could never explain it, especially to my parents.

adam c
11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
i don't know what happens to me.. but sometimes ill be drifting off to sleep and have this wierd sensation, then all of a sudden my whole body pretty much jumps, like my brain sent off electrical charges everywhere in my body.. its crazy. doesn't happen that often thank goodness

other times i will dream of something that will happen in the future, and usually forget them until that time comes, then i get crazy deja vu

anyone
11-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by adam c
i don't know what happens to me.. but sometimes ill be drifting off to sleep and have this wierd sensation, then all of a sudden my whole body pretty much jumps, like my brain sent off electrical charges everywhere in my body.. its crazy. doesn't happen that often thank goodness

That's called a myoclonic jerk.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/dreams-faq/part2/section-5.html

adam c
11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
^^ thanks..

Darkane
11-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by anyone

That's called a myoclonic jerk.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/dreams-faq/part2/section-5.html

Cool! I've been wondering about that.. Lots of the time I'm actually already dreaming when it happens. If in my dream I'm fighting and get just clocked my body will jerk.

Myoclonic jerk, that is going in the vault of facts ;)

403Gemini
11-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Cool! I've been wondering about that.. Lots of the time I'm actually already dreaming when it happens. If in my dream I'm fighting and get just clocked my body will jerk.

Myoclonic jerk, that is going in the vault of facts ;)

Me too im usually asleep (or half asleep) and dream that i tripped or fell or something and wake up instantly

Gorilla
11-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Try the supplement ZMA..gives you the most craziest dreams and increases your test levels naturally.. I take it just for the dreams

MidnightDreamer
11-13-2007, 08:49 PM
I've experienced all of the above...

Lucid Dreaming:

I will usually have moments of clarity where I realize I'm dreaming. I can usually make one decision, before the lucidness goes away.

Myoclonic Jerk:

Sometimes, right before I fall asleep, I get the sudden sensation of being in free fall. It's usually enough to startle me awake a bit.

Sleep Paralysis:

My experiences are not as terrifying as some of those described here... For me it's usually if I take an afternoon nap. I fall into a state of what I perceive as a level of consciousness right before falling completely asleep. I am aware at a very basic level of ambient lighting and that I am in bed, but I am unable to move my body. I fear that if I fall deeper into subconsciousness that I will not wake up. These experiences are disturbing, and for me it's not a battle to move my body, but to take in a deep breath... In this state I find my breathing is really shallow, but I can always snap out of it if I can take a deep breath. I wake instantly when I can take that breath....

Night Terrors:

I have these every now and then. Very low in frequency except for one month this year where it was maybe 4 times in a month... Unlike common night terrors, I know exactly what happens the moment before I wake up... My most terrifying experience was a nightmare where I'm wandering a very creepy building at night, and somehow end up on an escalator that brings me up to the grudge/ring chick and I am face to face with her. I never have physical reactions to dreams but in this one I actually woke up moaning (I was screaming in the dream)... Nightmares don't bother me in that I realize it was just a dream and can sleep right away, but that one was by far the scariest so far.

lil*tymer
11-13-2007, 11:20 PM
For me when i have sleep paralysis its the weirdest feeling. I start to have a nap after work, and i go straight into dreaming but im still partialy concious. for whatever reason i snap out of my dream and im paralysed.

All i can do is breath extremly heavy ir soft but i cant move. i usually have my fan on and the sound of the fan is distorted and sound like loud whisopers and vboices in my ear. i then do a countdown from 5 and snap out of it, or i let it ride out for a minute or so and my body is tingly afterlike i just did extacy.

$lick_rYz
11-14-2007, 12:13 AM
If you sleep straight in bed and fall asleep like that you get the scariest dreams (falling off buildings and shit)...I tried it twice and both times I woke up sweating like a pig, once I was falling off a building face first I woke up right before I hit the ground and the second time a fucking 18-wheeler coming right at me I dón't think I got outta the way in time...I heard a myth that if you go to sleep like that (sleeping while having your body in a straight position) it indicates to the spirits that yours is a dead body so it messes with your conscience...(cuz your laying similarily unconscious in your bed like a dead body put in a coffin)

myoclonic jerk sucks too...happens to me on the regular right before I fall asleep

narou
11-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Oh man I have suffered from that paralysis deal a few times.. its freaky.. Once my mom was coming down the hall to tell me dinner was ready... When I actually got upstairs to eat it was like 5 mins later and she was like wtf took you so long... The hallucinations are intense cuz I could see like a random man standing in my computer desk as if there were like to game models in the same spot or something..

The other time my girlfriend was on facebook on my computer and I passed out.. But I could see her typing away on my pc for a good 20 mins... It was pissing me off cuz I could'nt move or anything.. When she was typing the keystrokes sounded more rapid and louder than they actually were.. She looked at me a couple times to.. Near the end of it a hallucinated that her head was some really wierd shape like an animal or a monsters er something but I wasnt scared.. I dont know why i should have been trippen out.. Anyways she gets up and then walks over to me and reaches for my hand and I wake up.. But the thing is when I wakeup she hadnt moved at all she was still at my desk and walkes over to me again.. This time im awake...

Wierd!!! Both times I was sleeping on my back and both times I was told that my eyes were closed.. Althought the second time I was told I was breathing really heavy (probably becuase I was trying to yell but couldnt say any words I could just here my self hyper ventalating..

I think there was a third time I woke up and it felt like I was having a siezure or something...

Oh and those dreams were you can have like goku powers are so fricken awsome.. KA-ME-HA-ME-HA!!!

edit--Once I wokeup and my arm was numb and it looked like swollen or something so I started waving it all over haha.. I mean swollen like puffy cartoony 5times its normal size!

JfuckinC
12-01-2008, 01:28 PM
BUMPPP

Fuck i had the most intense sleep paralysis episode last night.
Had the whole HOLY fuck my heart starts racing, and im so used to it now i know whats happeneing, but i sitll panic like crazy. then there was this like white light right infront of me and i was fighting to gain control of my body, and my breathing kept stopping and i ended up lifting up one of my arms and what felt like i was sitting up and shit.. it was fucking SCARY. right as soon as i got myself awake i was mad lol...

It only ever happens to me if i am lying flat on my back, it was o knarly last night, it lasted like 60 seconds, i fought the entire time to get my body awake.
GOD it was nuts.

Boat
12-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Hahaha shit, I've been looking for this thread.

Anyone have something where they wake up from sleeping, and everything seems to be moving really fast?

blacklabel
12-11-2008, 03:29 AM
A normal dream that I always remember is one where I'll jump and start falling to my death. It feels like the drop of fear at Stampede the crazy butterflies in my stomach, I'll brace myself for the fall but it feels like its taking forever to fall. Some crazy slow motion thing you would see in the Matrix. I will just about make contract with the ground and wake up.

Also I've done some drugs in the past :drama: and find around 2/3 sleeps later I'll have the craziest dreams. Everytime very creepy/scary dreams like something where you want to curl up
in a ball and hold the closest person to you the second you wake up. I seriously felt like a 2 year old child who just wants his mommy. Really creepy how worthless I felt. Probably never felt that afraid in my life.

Swank
01-13-2009, 02:12 PM
I've been doing a lot of reading, spelling, and math in my dreams lately, nothing all that complex, I think the most advanced was figuring out the GST on $30, but that stuff is hard do do in a dream! Maybe in a couple of months I'll be able to go to bed with my tax forms and wake up with a refund :D

ABteg00
01-13-2009, 06:27 PM
A friend once told me if I eat large amounts of fruit (exceptionally pin apple) before bed the acid in them will increase the amount of dreams. I actually tried it and it was the worst night of dreams I've ever had. I would have a bad dream, and then wake up, and almost right away have another horrible dream.

anyone else should try this and see what happens

Darkane
01-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ABteg00
A friend once told me if I eat large amounts of fruit (exceptionally pin apple) before bed the acid in them will increase the amount of dreams. I actually tried it and it was the worst night of dreams I've ever had. I would have a bad dream, and then wake up, and almost right away have another horrible dream.

anyone else should try this and see what happens

Try Zinc man.

Take ZMA for some of the most vivid, excellent dreams and sometimes nightmares of your life! :D

I kinda like the nightmares sometimes, really interesting.

ABteg00
01-13-2009, 10:14 PM
^^^

the only thing i like about nightmares is how good it feels when you wake up and realize it was all a dream,

The only thing i hate about good dreams is how horribly frustrating it feels to wake up and realize it was all a dream

Darkane
01-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ABteg00
^^^

the only thing i like about nightmares is how good it feels when you wake up and realize it was all a dream,

The only thing i hate about good dreams is how horribly frustrating it feels to wake up and realize it was all a dream

Well there's the beautiful thing! When lucid you KNOW you're dreaming. If the nightmare is happening you're just there for the ride. It's a super intense feeling.

torob
01-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Oh wow, can't believe i just read through this whole thread. But its awesome reading this and funny at times too.

I love dreaming, scary or not i don't care i somehow find it really fun its like a roller coaster ride specially when its scary.

I don't recall having sleep paralysis but it would seem weird and i wanna see how it is.

Something have happened to me before, one which was weird and i don't know what category it falls under but i think it was 3 times within a week i woke up and i swear to god i could hear the whole world screaming. Not just a static noise, i could hear actual screams from women children and men. Weird thing about it was that it wasn't a dream i was awake and the screaming wouldn't stop for about 2 hours. It was not only freaking me out but annoying me, running through the house, drinking water, throwing water on my face, everything and they wouldn't go away.

One dream which was semi-lucid that i have never forgotten was when i was around 8 years old i dreamed that i got caught by soldiers/nurses, think it was more by the nurse side but they also seemed like soldiers too anyways these two guys grab me and while smiling put me in the back of this truck and tie me down, I'm screaming for help and looking out the window but it doesn't seem to work, and they grab my arms and start putting a needle in my arm and injecting me with something. I say it was semi-lucid because i half knew it was a dream but it still seemed painful and scary and i couldn't get out of it. While screaming i thought to myself I'll blink 3 times and I'll wake up. I blinked and nothing happened, and i was horrified that i was doomed, i desperately tried again and on third blink i woke up. I've never forgot that dream and i remember it like i just had the dream.

Another time, and this has happened a couple of times, i wake up and its real but i don't know ANYTHING, i don't know who i am, where i am, what is going on. It lasts about an hour and its just freaky but somehow fun. I get up run through the house go in the street, just like the movies where someone got their memory erased, i don't know whats going on, if its day or night, I'm just running around like I've never been in my house before, i don't remember where rooms are, doors, bathroom anything, so i run around and it slowly fades away but i have the weirdest feeling that lasts about 3 hours after that.

Just reading up seems like you guys fall down stuff high speed and drive cars. One thing I've noticed is that speed doesn't exist in my dreams, it can be scary at times, i can't run, whenever i try it feels slow motion and whenever i jack a car no matter how hard i try i cant get it to go fast.

I've had it before where i fall and wake up. Once i was in a mall and it was a lucid dream, and they were showing a new Mercedes so i just got in it and (slowmotion) drove it out the mall and was trying to drive it, didn't work, so i got out and there was this tall building, and me knowing it was a dream i went to the top floor and jumped off, it was sort of fun but soon as i hit ground i woke up.

Lately i haven't had lucid dreams but i do notice that im half dreaming while im still awake. I know some people instantly fall asleep but it usually takes 20 or 30mins for me to fall asleep but sometimes im dreaming with eyes open then i think wait what just happened? Cant remember the dreams though.

JfuckinC
01-13-2009, 11:16 PM
honestly guys, if you want to get to a nearly full/full lucid dream you need to wake up for 10 minutes in the morning and then go back to sleep, its the most vivid, intense dreaming you will ever have, but i will warn you, it is HARD to wake up when your in this state (in my experience at least)

ABteg00
01-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by torob
Something have happened to me before, one which was weird and i don't know what category it falls under but i think it was 3 times within a week i woke up and i swear to god i could hear the whole world screaming. Not just a static noise, i could hear actual screams from women children and men. Weird thing about it was that it wasn't a dream i was awake and the screaming wouldn't stop for about 2 hours. It was not only freaking me out but annoying me, running through the house, drinking water, throwing water on my face, everything and they wouldn't go away.

Correct me if im wrong,
but it sounds as if you are God