PDA

View Full Version : Garage Furnace Installation

Mythorp
09-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know someone that can install a gas furnace in a garage? Anyone know the "rules" to install a furnace in a garage?

I will pay top dollar for someone to do this. Every place I have called wants me to buy their $2500 furnace and if I don't they won't install it. :thumbsdow

I just need some who is willing to help me do this so I don't blow myself up. Let me know what the "ballpark" price is for doing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:thumbsdow

TomcoPDR
09-27-2007, 08:09 PM
lol, you'll need a city permit (and inspection) for this procedure.

That's why you should always get someone licensed and certified, and as you've stated "don't want to blow myself up"... further more, even if you've taken some courses and know how to do it yourself, if something does happen (i.e. you install heater without getting city permit and don't say anything), that'll give your insurance a reason to deny your claim if anythig does happen.

Anyways, I used Arpi's Industries to do my garage, it was $1,000 just for labour... it's a little steep but I did it during high labour shortage season within 1 year.

Good luck, get it done before the winter really starts. Try Calcana heaters they get really hot.