PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Tire Install Shop

bunkass
09-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Hello,

I just bought some new tires from TireRack and I need a place to have them installed.
can anyone tell me the cheapest place in town to mount tires ?

SunniSunShine
09-28-2007, 11:41 AM
walmart mounts + balances for $15/tire

Destinova403
09-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by SunniSunShine
walmart mounts + balances for $15/tire

seriously? i did not know that... are they good?

CLiVE
09-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by bunkass
Hello,

I just bought some new tires from TireRack and I need a place to have them installed.
can anyone tell me the cheapest place in town to mount tires ?

A bit off topic, but how much did the UPS charges come to?

bunkass
09-28-2007, 01:24 PM
I paid
$308 Tires
$84.16 S/H via fedex(I called in and asked them to send it through fedex instead of ups)
$82.52Customs

I usually use this to calculate my stuff http://www.thefinalcost.com/shipments/calculate/

SunniSunShine
09-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403

seriously? i did not know that... are they good?
because of the shortage of staff they don't do appointments anymore so its first come first serve and they are usually booked up all day, so if you dont show up before 10am you wont be in. (fucking old people)..

basically you drop the car off and buy shit you dont need in walmart cuz you have nothing else to do since you are stuck there for a good 2-3 hours :|

takemtochurch
09-28-2007, 05:44 PM
beleive it or not but go to your local high school and see if they will do it in their mechanics class. it gives the kids some practice and i always make sure that the teacher is there when they do it and its freeee

tirebob
09-28-2007, 05:58 PM
I will charge you $80.00 for most sizes up to 18 inch. I am not the cheapest, but I guarantee you nobody has better equipment or experience. If you want your stuff looked after, call me up!

frozenrice
09-28-2007, 09:18 PM
I just got some tires from Bob last week and the equipment is practically brand spanking new. Outstanding guy to deal with IMO. :thumbsup:

inline6turbo
09-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Depending on what exactly you want done i can do them for you at Kal Tire.

Do you want tires/rims taken off your car and tires replaced with these ones? Or do you have seperate rims you want these tires put on?

Depending on which one it is I can do it for you for like half the price of anyone else.

EK 2.0
09-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by tirebob

I will charge you $80.00 for most sizes up to 18 inch. I am not the cheapest, but I guarantee you nobody has better equipment or experience. If you want your stuff looked after, call me up!

Werrrd to big bird for Bob...

Lo)2enz0
09-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by inline6turbo

Do you want tires/rims taken off your car and tires replaced with these ones? Or do you have seperate rims you want these tires put on?

Depending on which one it is I can do it for you for like half the price of anyone else.

lol your location is so slack

remember everyone NEVER go to the foothills kal-tire off of 52nd SE

Godfuader
10-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Any other recommendations for cheap shops to mount winter rubber to steelies, balance, and install?

Originally posted by inline6turbo

YGPM :thumbsup:

cloud7
10-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Go to mytires, they were really cheap when I went in to flip my tires last year.... don't know if their price went up or not but it will be cheaper than walmart.

Godfuader
10-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by cloud7
Go to mytires, they were really cheap when I went in to flip my tires last year.... don't know if their price went up or not but it will be cheaper than walmart.
Thanks for the recommendation. Just called them up and Anand quoted me $68 for mounting a set of rubbers onto a set of steelies, balancing, and installing on the ride.

Charlesglen Toyota is charging $80 for the same thing.

Is the $12 premium justified by going to a ''reputable'' shop?

benyl
10-19-2007, 03:32 PM
mytires is reputable.

CLiVE
10-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

Thanks for the recommendation. Just called them up and Anand quoted me $68 for mounting a set of rubbers onto a set of steelies, balancing, and installing on the ride.

Charlesglen Toyota is charging $80 for the same thing.

Is the $12 premium justified by going to a ''reputable'' shop?

It's $12. Who cares where you go.
I paid $120 at Kaltire to have 4 winter tires mounted.

Either one is a fair deal....