PDA

View Full Version : Rock Chips

Talies R
07-07-2003, 01:42 AM
What can be done about small rock chips? Not so much on the hood, but along the bottom sides of the car... of course there small but...how can I get rid of them?

max_boost
07-07-2003, 01:44 AM
Touch up paint?
Repainting your front bumper? and then 3M it so you will never have another chip there again:thumbsup:

Talies R
07-07-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Touch up paint?
Repainting your front bumper? and then 3M it so you will never have another chip there again:thumbsup:

it's not so much the front bumper that's bothering me though, it's actually on the sides of the car...anyone else have this problem? won't touch up paint look kinda obvious?

Abom
07-07-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Talies R
it's not so much the front bumper that's bothering me though, it's actually on the sides of the car...anyone else have this problem? won't touch up paint look kinda obvious?

http://www.carcareonline.com/viewarticle.aspx?art=8

Talies R
07-07-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Abom

http://www.carcareonline.com/viewarticle.aspx?art=8

that's way too crazy for me, maybe my best bet is having a pro do it... are there places that specialize in this?

Abom
07-07-2003, 02:06 AM
that's way too crazy for me, maybe my best bet is having a pro do it... are there places that specialize in this?

lol, I thought that article might scare ya :D Probably a good body / paint shop is the place to go. Who knows, maybe repainting the whole side skirts isn't THAT expensive? :dunno:

Talies R
07-07-2003, 02:08 AM

lol, I thought that article might scare ya :D Probably a good body / paint shop is the place to go. Who knows, maybe repainting the whole side skirts isn't THAT expensive? :dunno:

If it was just the rocker panels, that would be an easy re-paint...however it's actually on the door itself at the bottom. Thanks for your help though !!:)

Abom
07-07-2003, 02:09 AM
If it was just the rocker panels, that would be an easy re-paint...however it's actually on the door itself at the bottom. Thanks for your help though !!:)

Ohhh, I see. Still, take it to a body shop and see what they can do for you, maybe they can touch it up and buff it out so it looks good :thumbsup: Good luck!!

RiceCake
07-07-2003, 07:27 AM
Damn may car fall victim to this too! :banghead:

Hmm.. max_boost, I'm wondering maybe I should 3M my whole car to avoid door dings, etc.... :D

Abom
07-07-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by RiceCake
Hmm.. max_boost, I'm wondering maybe I should 3M my whole car to avoid door dings, etc.... :D

But then you could never wax again!! :rofl:

RiceCake
07-09-2003, 02:03 AM

But then you could never wax again!! :rofl:

Quote(shadow tinting guy) : Just apply wax as you would on your paint :D

sxtasy
07-09-2003, 09:22 PM
you can put 3m on the rocker panels...basically your only 2 options are touch up or repaint.