PDA

View Full Version : Selling Cars Rant.

TE4MFaint
09-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Yah another rant, but this is one that just hit me in the face..AGAIN.

How the funk do people justify saying their vehicles are in MINT condition?

Usually when you think mint, you'll think of "like-new" condition, correct? Maybe a few rock chips on the front bumper and hood from highway driving, other than that, super clean. Or am I completely wrong about this?

I have read about 4 for sales on cars on here where "MINT" is in the title, and the car is abolsutely NOTHING close to it.

How the fuck is rust all along the two rear wheel wells, PLUS a huge dent in the front fender that is not fixable, mint?

RUST does NOT mean MINT. :guns:
RUST needs to be REPAIRED or it will spread, this means you will have to put money into the car, to get it into better condition.

Last time I checked, this does not mean your 92 Civic with rust along the rockers and rear wheel wells, is in mint condition.

Fucking car sellers.

/rant

TomcoPDR
09-29-2007, 08:20 PM
:werd: but :whocares: that's the name of the selling game, tricking buyers and wasting everybody's time.

I saw this ad online for a Yukon truck, asked the guy for all info's... got close to arranging for pickup/payment, till I did a Carproof and got a friend in Alberta do a VIR, turned out to have a lien and $9000 worth of insurance claim repair. Was not happy about that. :thumbsdow

People who reply with: "excellent car" "great vehicle" "awesome shape" usually are curbers or just aren't serious about selling their vehicle, IMO. Stick to the freakin' facts; accidents yes or no, what owner are you, KM's, reason for sale, liens, etc...

Oh well, money's in our pocket. :poosie:

ca18det240sx
09-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Honesty is not necissarily the best way to sell a car, but its the best policy IMO. If anybody asks questions about my car, i tell them 100% all the problems with the car. If they take it...good, they know what needs to be done and theyre still happy. If they dont....theres always somebody that doesnt mind putting a bit of work into a car out there somewhere.

Be honest....its good for Karma.

tentacles
09-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Ha, reminds me of when my mom was selling her Neon. She put "fully loaded" in her ad, except she's Chinese and doesn't even know what that means, other than all the other ads had it. Her Neon was absolutely bare, i.e. lowest trim, crank windows, no radio. Sure confused those buyers! Until someone told her what it actually meant. :rofl:

TomcoPDR
09-29-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
Ha, reminds me of when my mom was selling her Neon. She put "fully loaded" in her ad, except she's Chinese and doesn't even know what that means, other than all the other ads had it. Her Neon was absolutely bare, i.e. lowest trim, crank windows, no radio. Sure confused those buyers! Until someone told her what it actually meant. :rofl:

haha that's funny. at least the steering wheel and stereo buttons were saran wrapped, factory carpets triple layered with Home Depot hallway carpets, clean trunk cuz you used orange boxes as real trunk liner.

88CRXGUY
09-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Yep I will the possible buyer everything, there is no reason to lie about it. They are going to find out if there is something wrong if you don't tell them, I don't like fucking people over like that. I've been fucked over so many times on people because they were honest, welcome to the business of buying/selling a car.

envoyondubs
09-29-2007, 08:55 PM
stop complaining this is the dumbest F*cking thread i have ever read , dont you have a life?

ca18det240sx
09-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by envoyondubs
stop complaining this is the dumbest F*cking thread i have ever read , dont you have a life?

If you dont like the thread, why are you reading it/posting in it. Didnt your mother teach you manners? If you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all...

grrrouch
09-29-2007, 09:11 PM
lol hmmm wou wouldnt be talking about a certain car would you? http://kijiji.ebayimg.com/i7/04/k/000/78/03/ab86_20.JPG:rolleyes:

topmade
09-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't know what you're talking about, I have a 94 civic and it's 100% MINT

MINT air freshener that is.

Toms-SC
09-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by grrrouch
lol hmmm wou wouldnt be talking about a certain car would you? http://kijiji.ebayimg.com/i7/04/k/000/78/03/ab86_20.JPG:rolleyes:

holy shit whats the thread?

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-29-2007, 11:20 PM
omg that things mint... bump for a good seller....

:rofl:

I try to tell as much as possible, so when someone asks me, I clear it up =)

No use lying.

liquid1010
09-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Maybe he meant the the color of the car is "mint" :bigpimp:

TomcoPDR
09-29-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by liquid1010
Maybe he meant the the color of the car is "mint" :bigpimp:

Which colour on which panel?

403Gemini
09-30-2007, 01:06 AM
best is when the sellers friends chip in "Zomg he gives me ridez all the time to sk00l, dat car is off da hook!! fawk so mint! LIKE NEW!"

G-ZUS
09-30-2007, 01:46 AM
Is it just me or is the front half of that civic a lighter color than the rear half

modded46
09-30-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
Yep I will the possible buyer everything, there is no reason to lie about it. They are going to find out if there is something wrong if you don't tell them, I don't like fucking people over like that. I've been fucked over so many times on people because they were honest, welcome to the business of buying/selling a car.

This thread speaks volumes over many..

And i'm curious.. how the hell do you get fucked over for being honest?

dieselpower91
09-30-2007, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Is it just me or is the front half of that civic a lighter color than the rear half

I think the paint is oxidized on the back of it..

But yeah I try to disclose most things.. sometimes all the little things that no one even cares about.

urban.one
09-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Youre looking to buy a 1992 Civic and you think you will find one in "Mint" condition?

Regardless of what the seller puts in their ad, theres an onus on the buyer to use some common sense.

-When youre in contact with the seller, ask specific questions. If you ask if the car has rust, and the buyer tells you "no" but the thing looks like a '75 Datsun when you get there, theres nothing you can do about it. But the majority of buyers, even if their ad says "Mint", would answer your questions honestly.

And be realistic about the car youre buying; 15 years is old. If you really believe all the ad lines such as "Mint", "all highway miles", "lady driven", then youre in for a hell of a used car buying experience.

[quote]I have read about 4 for sales on cars on here where "MINT" is in the title, and the car is abolsutely NOTHING close to it.

How the fuck is rust all along the two rear wheel wells, PLUS a huge dent in the front fender that is not fixable, mint?

RUST does NOT mean MINT.
RUST needs to be REPAIRED or it will spread, this means you will have to put money into the car, to get it into better condition.

Last time I checked, this does not mean your 92 Civic with rust along the rockers and rear wheel wells, is in mint condition.

Fucking car sellers.[/quote}

sxtasy
09-30-2007, 08:56 AM
got to love the "lady driven" ads too

lady driven = no clutch left

403Gemini
09-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by sxtasy

lol i know, i usually ask how many accidents has it been in :rofl:

pinoyhero
09-30-2007, 10:27 AM
I hear ya, but really all people are doing when they mis-represent is waste time. Unfortunely some of the buyers but a whack of their own haveing to cycle through buyers. I can see from a cal lot's point of veiw that its a good tactic to get people in but from a personal sellers point its just dumb.

mark4091
09-30-2007, 11:10 AM

:rofl: hahahaha

Neil4Speed
09-30-2007, 08:54 PM

How about Oil Changes?..

My dad told me about a guy at work who bought his daughter at the time a brand new 2001 Pathfinder, 2004 rolls around and the engine seized, I suppose oil breaks down at around 60,000km.

topmade
10-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Saw this thread and had to post it in here. :thumbsup:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/192298/fs-acura-integra-gsr-blades-mint-with-rubber/

xLostx
10-01-2007, 04:16 PM
only 350,xxx km's - mainly highway km's!!!!! lady driven!!!!

A790
10-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by topmade
Saw this thread and had to post it in here. :thumbsup:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/192298/fs-acura-integra-gsr-blades-mint-with-rubber/

HAHAHA oh shit, that's hilarious. It's also so bloody typical.