PDA

View Full Version : Clean Water Stains Off Rims?

n0torious
09-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey All!

I went to the car wash the other day and sprayed some bodypro rim cleaner on my rims and sprayed of off with water.

It left some white (soap) looking stains on the chroms part of my rims. I have black 22's with a chrome lip. I'm thinking it was either the cleaner or some bad water.

Someone told me they look like water stains.

I used some windex and other cleaners with a microfibre cloth to get it off but I had no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

I might try a mothers powerball with some chrome cleaner. Either way, it makes the rims look like shit.

Any suggestions would be wicked. Thanks guys!

n0torious
09-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Here's a pic of the rims.

GTS Jeff
09-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by n0torious
Here's a pic of the rims. Oh wow, yeah it does look like shit. Damn water stains...I bet CLR would fix your problems.

n0torious
09-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Oh wow, yeah it does look like shit. Damn water stains...I bet CLR would fix your problems.

LOL. That pic doesn't show the water stains. heh. Anyway, where can I get CLR? I never thought of that. Good call.

GTS Jeff
09-30-2007, 06:46 PM
K I was kidding about the CLR. Try the chrome cleaner and if that doesn't work I'm sure there's some sort of metal polish that is good for chrome.

n0torious
09-30-2007, 06:52 PM
haha ok for sure. thanks man.

962 kid
09-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Oh wow, yeah it does look like shit. Damn water stains...I bet CLR would fix your problems.

Originally posted by n0torious

LOL. That pic doesn't show the water stains. heh. Anyway, where can I get CLR? I never thought of that. Good call.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BoS_DC2
09-30-2007, 07:24 PM
try urinating on the chrome part, it's said that urine will break down the particles in the water stain and allow for easy clean-up.

they sell some chrome cleaners/polisher at ct.

RZRSHARP_SVX
09-30-2007, 07:27 PM
try brake cleaner it wont damage and it evaporates. it could work.

n0torious
09-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by BoS_DC2
try urinating on the chrome part, it's said that urine will break down the particles in the water stain and allow for easy clean-up.

they sell some chrome cleaners/polisher at ct.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm a parts tech at napa auto parts so I grab all my cleaners, parts, etc through them. Plus I own my own car audio and performance company. Mobile Dreamz Ltd. lol... Just thought I'd share that tid bit of info. lol.

Anyway, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

962 kid
09-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by RZRSHARP_SVX
try brake cleaner it wont damage and it evaporates. it could work.

I once had to have a set of kleeman wheels re-clearcoated because I accidentially got some brakleen on them :dunno:

Just use a quality wheel soap, rinse off and dry them with a shammy. That's how tunerworks does it :thumbsup:

Ferio_vti
10-01-2007, 10:12 AM
According to Mythbusters, coke is a great chrome cleaner.

teggypimp95
10-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Black magic wheel polish works well. Rub it all over the crome. Then let it haze, then buff it off with a soft micro fiber.

TNation
10-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Black magic wheel polish works well. Rub it all over the crome. Then let it haze, then buff it off with a soft micro fiber.

+1, it works great on my rims too

gmoney82
10-01-2007, 03:51 PM
I use Eagle One Nano polish. Just put a little on a shitty towel...all my brake dust/crud comes off like butta! just wipe clean and wax your rims so that they stay protected, cleaner for longer in the future

n0torious
10-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Perfect. Thanks guys!