PDA

View Full Version : Business At MRC?

TheLegend889
09-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi,
I am in my first year at MRC. I am registered in the Entrepreneuer and Small Business division. I am taking ENTR 2201, Marketing 2150, English, MGMT, and accounting. I am just curious if anyone has taken any of these courses and what to be prepared for. I feel lost in all my courses, during class I feel ontop of the ball but I really havn't put a whole lot of effort into studying becaused I am unfamiliar with this style of work. Just would like a heads up or some feedback!
Thanks

JAYMEZ
09-30-2007, 05:05 PM
I've done all those class'.

- MGMT is pretty assignement heavy and alot of information to absorb.
- English is pretty damn easy , you just really need to know how to write properly.
-Accounting haah umm ugh... Some people are really good at it , and some people are horrible , its defiantly a class you never want to miss.

But 5 courses in one semester is kinda an overload , but if you dont work , all the best to ya :thumbsup:

94CoRd
10-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Im in the CIS program. Did the Entrepreneurship course. Found it really fun. But ya, very assignment heavy, especially near the end with the final project(s)

CCM Pro
10-02-2007, 12:11 AM
I have a degree in Communications there and I took Eng. and Entr. and man that entr class was ridiculous at the end with the final project...if they are still doing that I remember having to do this group one and come up with a business and plan etc.. and it was like 70 pages or more:eek:

Anyway I am doing another degree as well and currently in HRES and MGMT and the mgmt class is ok but there is more to learn than I thought so far. Plus it all depends on who you get for instructors really...

DUBBED
10-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Put in the effort, and you WILL see results.

If you are having trouble go talk to the prof. If there's one thing I already miss about MRC is that the profs are soooo approachable and always willing to help.

Another thing that makes things a bit easier is forming study groups, you don't even have to be taking the same classes, just have friends that you go to the library with every MW and study for 3-5 hrs. It at least gives you someone to be accountable to.

And I'm sure you have midterms coming up? FYI I started preparing for my Intro to Financial Accounting Midterm 3 weeks in advance.

The point is, it's a lot of work, no body just walks in and understands it. But if you put work in now, you will definately benefit in you 3rd/4th year. My Intermediate Accounting courses are sooo much easier now that I fully understand the intro stuff. Definately worth the sweat in my opinion.