PDA

View Full Version : RED light Ticket

No.not.again
07-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Has anyone here fought a red light camera ticket and won? Is there even a defence for it? Should I just pay the damn thing cause demerits aren't deducted. The only reason I want to fight it cause it's fuck'n harsh amount of money to dish out...$289!! Any help would be appreciated.

DUBBED
07-03-2003, 10:34 AM
ask for a reduction...

tell them you have house payments to make and there is no way you can pay the whole bill.... you will either get until like december to pay the bill or they will reduce it to a more attractive amount...

Khyron
07-03-2003, 11:05 AM
Hrm might finally be time to build that Knight rider plate flipper.

Khyron

No.not.again
07-03-2003, 04:06 PM
OMFG!! I can't believe what i'm hearing! you guys make it sound you'll are fuck'n anglels....unless you have a clean driving record, don't letture me... I only ask for advice on the ticket itself, nothing more. Please no more lettures. :rolleyes:

No.not.again
07-03-2003, 06:05 PM
can we lock this thread...hell, delete it! I ask for advice or some helpful suggestions and I get a bunch of nonsense. Posting on Beyond is starting to become a waste of time. :thumbsdow

rage2
07-07-2003, 11:48 AM
I've split the discussion off... it wasn't your comments that everyone was bitchin' about :).

Abom
07-07-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by No.not.again
Has anyone here fought a red light camera ticket and won? Is there even a defence for it? Should I just pay the damn thing cause demerits aren't deducted. The only reason I want to fight it cause it's fuck'n harsh amount of money to dish out...$289!! Any help would be appreciated.

To answer your question, POINTTS would be the people you'd probably want to talk to.

rage2
07-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Actually, POINTTS won't be able to help you in reducing the fine, they primarily deal with demerit reduction. Even if they DID reduce the fine, the fee you pay to POINTTS would bring the fine back up.

Abom
07-07-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Actually, POINTTS won't be able to help you in reducing the fine, they primarily deal with demerit reduction. Even if they DID reduce the fine, the fee you pay to POINTTS would bring the fine back up.

Oh, didn't know they don't really deal in non-demerit fines. Learn something new everyday :thumbsup:

roopi
07-28-2003, 11:20 PM
I just got one of these today! :(

Not to happy about it. I know I never speed through yellow to beat it. I don't know how the fuck I got this. $289 is insane. Has anyone ever had one reduced?

xkon
07-28-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Hrm might finally be time to build that Knight rider plate flipper.

Khyron

ive been wanting to do that for years... we should have a group meet and make one for each car :nut:

Davetronz
07-29-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by roopi
I just got one of these today! :(

Not to happy about it. I know I never speed through yellow to beat it. I don't know how the fuck I got this. $289 is insane. Has anyone ever had one reduced?
Shitty to hear roopi.
Sometimes I really doubt the redlight camera system.
Many times I have seen that light go off for no reason when there is no one in the intersection, or when someone has JUST passed the intersection before the red. I think its BS.
Hmmm try saying that there was an emergency vehicle behind you :dunno:

BebeAphrodite
07-29-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by No.not.again
OMFG!! I can't believe what i'm hearing! you guys make it sound you'll are fuck'n anglels....unless you have a clean driving record, don't letture me... I only ask for advice on the ticket itself, nothing more. Please no more lettures. :rolleyes:

what the hell are u on?
no one previous to this message gave you a lecture! one of the ppl attempted to give you advice
ya that's rite, stop posting on beyond because if you can't even read then you're rite, posting on beyond is a waste of your time

Davetronz
07-29-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

what the hell are u on?
no one previous to this message gave you a lecture! one of the ppl attempted to give you advice
ya that's rite, stop posting on beyond because if you can't even read then you're rite, posting on beyond is a waste of your time
Hey Cutie (if I may be so bold as to call you that)...
I think rage deleted the posts, and thats whats causing the confusion.

4G63Power
07-29-2003, 01:16 AM
CuteAsianAngel...

Just to let you know this was a old post that was actually split into 2 threads. The one you see contained the red light ticket and any posts pertaining to fighting it, while the rest of the posts were moved to another thread called "Red Light Camera Debate".

BebeAphrodite
07-29-2003, 01:17 AM
lol, oops
sorry

BebeAphrodite
07-29-2003, 02:52 AM
Oh ya - where is the Red Light Debate? I don't see it.

4G63Power
07-29-2003, 03:09 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19038&highlight=red+light

catywampusness
07-29-2003, 10:04 AM
Do those cameras not take pictures? They do here last I heard, so I don't think the emergency vehicle excuse would necessarily work so well.