PDA

View Full Version : 2 more questions....

mb935
10-01-2007, 05:30 PM
I tried to do a scan in safe mode - couldnt get any of my scanning programs to work in that mode? How do i do that?

also - since i have yet to get hte computer looked at (which I will) I was deleting unneeded programs. Can someone tell me what windows 2000 hotflix are - i have a lot of them. And of course whehter I need them or not.

Also I have a couple of security updates for windows media player all which were used on the same date - but take up a lot of space. I did try to delete one and it said if i did so - other files would no longer work. Do I really need them all??

THANKS so much!!!

Doozer
10-01-2007, 05:51 PM
It's hotfix, not hotflix. Yes, you need the Windows Hotfixes. And same with the media player updates. If that's what you're doing to save room, you might want to consider getting another hard drive, since they're practically giving them away these days.

mb935
10-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Im doing a scan with panda and it has picked up a large amount of spyware and hacking tools.

Why did nothing else pick this up?

Is it worth buying the software to remove it - If I have to have someone look at the computer anyway.

Doozer
10-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Well aren't you the person who's been saying they're going to take it in, for a couple weeks now? But if you ever do end up doing that, they wll remove all viruses and spyware for you, so it's not worth doing now. However, you'll want to change your computer habits, or you're going to be doing this all over again as soon as you get it home.