PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT - Opinions

2000Accord
10-01-2007, 08:44 PM
I had been kicking around the idea of getting a 2004 G35 Coupe, possibly in the US to save a few thousand.

However I saw an Audi TT today that really caught my eye, they seem more expensive, albeit less common, than the G35 coupe...in Canada atleast...for some reason they seem to roughly the same or a little cheaper in the US.

Any insight on these cars would be appreciated.

Barlow
10-01-2007, 11:57 PM
do you have a vagina?

If so I say go for the TT, if not

I say G all the way

G's are hot

Weapon_R
10-02-2007, 12:03 AM
The broke man's sports car :D

avow
10-02-2007, 12:12 AM
lol the new model this year is pretty good. the older ones i hear are a pain to get in and out of. that is all i know.

Ashers
10-02-2007, 12:56 AM
They're based on a hybrid of the A platform and the B platform... enough said...

SCHIDER23
10-02-2007, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Barlow
do you have a vagina?

I say G all the way

G's are hot

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: but yea G35 is a better choice

pinoyhero
10-02-2007, 05:56 AM
I've had the G, its a good all round car, fast, more reliable, better appointed, but you're right the TT is less common. I wasn't so sure most would be likening it to the miata but be prepped for it if you get one. I got comments like the above al the time when I have my S2000, which for the record i think is gayer than the TT.

Mangina
10-02-2007, 07:08 AM
do you have a vagina?

I say G all the way

G's are hot

QFT!

funkedelic
10-02-2007, 07:18 AM
TT's don't have much balls, there is no space either but i think its a good looking car for the most part, despite it being labled a girl car. Just dont get a convertible

the g's aren't that great though, i have driven a few and expected a lot more out of it, note that you can get the tt in the states a lot cheaper ,but the g35 is also pretty cheap.

i would go for the g35 coupe, better bang for your buck

sputnik
10-02-2007, 07:24 AM
The Audi TT is like the Miata's were 3-4 years ago.

Everyone with sexual insecurities (or severe shortcomings) called them a "gay" or "woman's" car but then people realized what you could do to those cars.

Lets face it, they are AWD (if you get a Quattro) and they have a turbocharged engine (always room for more power and a bigger turbo) with a fairly light overall body and frame. They also have a very nice stylish interior (not boring and ugly like the 350Z) and the baseball stitched leather interior is a nice touch as well.

I personally would stay away from the convertible (heavier car) and a colour other than silver.

Are you looking at an ALMS TT?

heavyD
10-02-2007, 07:37 AM
I'll take an Audi over a Nissan any day. G's are popular in Canada because Canadians are notoriously cheap and wannabe luxury cars rule.

The TT Quattro is a nice car but pay attention to the engine. There are three to choose from. The V6 is nice but pricey but at the least ensure that the car has the 227 hp 1.8T (larger turbo) not the 180 hp version. Some people are put off by the bubble styling but IMO it has a futuristic look that still looks nice compared to anonymous styling of most cars this decade. The available black & red leather interior is very nice & you can't beat AWD especially in a German car.

This quote is flawed:

"do you have a vagina?

I say G all the way

G's are hot"

I personally like vaginas and what straight guy wouldn't and a 'G' can be considered hot but only if you just stepped out of a Sentra.;)

teggypimp95
10-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
I'll take an Audi over a Nissan any day. G's are popular in Canada because Canadians are notoriously cheap and wannabe luxury cars rule.

The TT Quattro is a nice car but pay attention to the engine. There are three to choose from. The V6 is nice but pricey but at the least ensure that the car has the 227 hp 1.8T (larger turbo) not the 180 hp version. Some people are put off by the bubble styling but IMO it has a futuristic look that still looks nice compared to anonymous styling of most cars this decade. The available black & red leather interior is very nice & you can't beat AWD especially in a German car.

This quote is flawed:

"do you have a vagina?

I say G all the way

G's are hot"

I personally like vaginas and what straight guy wouldn't and a 'G' can be considered hot but only if you just stepped out of a Sentra.;)

Agree completly. My vote is also for the TT. Make sure you get the newer 227 hp awd one. They are fast and handel awesome. Thats a small car for that amount of power. It would be awesome in the winter and awesome on the track. Not to mention the chips you can get for the audis and vws are awesome. Once u have the program installed, you can choose to run your regular program, or if you have 94 octain fuel in, you can hold the cruise controll button and your new program will now be active and until you turn it off. Usually around 50 more hp and 50 more torque. The tt could be a hell of alot of fun.

euro_racer
10-02-2007, 08:07 AM
ive been taking a closer look at those cars lately too... they are not as bad as people say they are

heavyD
10-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer
ive been taking a closer look at those cars lately too... they are not as bad as people say they are

I was looking at them also but they are still pretty pricey used even in the US.

teggypimp95
10-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Yeah they may be pricy but they just have a bad label and i dont really see why. They are great cars, interiors are awesome with nice brushed metal and such. And once you own a German car, you wont go back to a honda or a nissan :)

4doorj
10-02-2007, 08:18 AM
i like the tt... my buddy used to own one and it was a fun car!

Mitsu3000gt
10-02-2007, 08:31 AM
I drove a friends TT last weekend and although I'd never buy one, it was better than I expected. It has power all over the place and is an overall fun drive. It had the turbocharged motor. I liked it more than the G35 coupe but you can't really go wrong with either car. The Audi is built better w/ a nicer interior in my opinion after being in both, and AWD is a bonus. I wouldn' get a convertible though.

teggypimp95
10-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah hard top for sure. I have seen some very nice ones, just dont get silver. It would be awesome to have a car that u barly see on the roads. My GTI ran 15.1 stock with the 180hp turbo motor, so with the 227 hp motor and a lighter car, you will be laughing... and even if u chip it :D

The Cosworth
10-02-2007, 08:47 AM
I vote TT too.... I REALLY like the brand new styling.
http://www.autobytel.com/images/2008/Audi/TT/400/2008_Audi_TT_coupe_exfrdrvr34.jpg

my uncle had one, and I had to sit sideways in the back though, so dont expect to carry people or a large dog back there for too long.

euro_racer
10-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
And once you own a German car, you wont go back to a honda or a nissan :)
that is not always the case ;)

My GTI ran 15.1 stock with the 180hp turbo motor, so with the 227 hp motor and a lighter car, you will be laughing... and even if u chip it :D

to this day i still dont know how you pulled that off, 3 weeks ago i ran my 337 at RC a couple times and my times ranged from 15.3 worst to 15.0 best...mind you i have a 3" catless downpipe (337 has upgraded rear exhaust), front mount intercooler, turbo inlet hose, CAI, and a short shift. i would say my driving is not bad too so im really puzzled about this whole thing

edit: i think a member on here had a nice silver convertable one a couple years ago, brandon was his name i think?....the guy with the sick red g35

here it is: http://forums.beyond.ca/i/calendar/05nov_1024.jpg

teggypimp95
10-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer

to this day i still dont know how you pulled that off, 3 weeks ago i ran my 337 at RC a couple times and my times ranged from 15.3 worst to 15.0 best...mind you i have a 3" catless downpipe (337 has upgraded rear exhaust), front mount intercooler, turbo inlet hose, CAI, and a short shift. i would say my driving is not bad too so im really puzzled about this whole thing

I can drive like a mofo thats how! LOL

It was seriously bone stock other than CAI. I did 5 passes that night of 15.1 and 2 at 15.6 when i dident launch good.

civicluva
10-02-2007, 10:50 AM
G35 is a pig like my 350Z.

treg50
10-02-2007, 11:11 AM
TT for sure.

The new one is not as radical as the previous gen TT but it's better in everyother way. As for colour, the previous gen ROCKS orange! The new one looks good in it too.

http://www.labo-microsoft.com/d/250x190/6607.jpg

teggypimp95
10-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Iv seen an awesome Yellow and black TT around. Looks sick.

Xtrema
10-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Unless your previous car is a entry compact car, G isn't as good as it's hyped up to be.

teggypimp95
10-02-2007, 11:35 AM
TT will also be better on gas. And the 1.8T engines get insain gas milage on the highway.

SuperG3
10-11-2007, 09:23 PM
TT's Rule, but I might be a little biased

Aleks
10-11-2007, 09:44 PM
do you have a vagina?

I say G all the way

G's are hot

Yet the G35 is the one that comes with a maxi-pad ;)

http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/infiniti_pad.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/cars/novelties/infiniti-knows-real-emergencies-145935.php

mark4091
10-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

This quote is flawed:

"do you have a vagina?

I say G all the way

G's are hot"

:werd:

brandon
10-11-2007, 11:36 PM
I will add my two cents into this conversation as I have owned/modded both of them..

Here are the pictures!

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v125/238/44/514728176/n514728176_190808_4421.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v125/238/44/514728176/n514728176_195210_4604.jpg

The TT's interior hands down is way better then the G35! every piece inside flows so well! seats are comfy and hug you like no other!.. I am a taller guy 6'1 and I fit in it perfectly! never had a problem getting in or out and had the most room out of that class of car.

Exterior has different thoughts from everyone! I personally love the way it looks.. and many people think it looks like a beatle! ethier way you need to figure out what you think of it and don't listen to what other people say..

It wasn't the fastest car but it was pretty quick for what it was! I had the 1.8T 225hp version! awd was amazing and so was the 6speed manual!.. as for maintence I would actually say that I spent way less overall maintaining that car then I ever have on the G35!

I won't go into so much detail about the g35 because they are more common knowledge! but like previously stated you see one on every block you drive!! they are a car with amazing lines and will be a classic for a while to come! I have spent an arm and a leg maintaining this car! lots of things breaking on it and needing replacing! warranty and not warranty items!

Aftermarket parts are alot easier found for the G35 then the TT.. but they both remain to be in the same price range!..

If you have any questions or what not feel free to shoot me a PM.

Intent_Fire
10-11-2007, 11:54 PM
i drove a 03' TT Roadster(227 hp)for a couple weeks.. and maybe it was the fact that it was a convertible.. but it wasn't that quick.. i was expecting more.. Plus, im a little under 6'1 and it was waay to small for me with the seat as far back as it could go(also maybe because of the roadster version), my rsx has wayy more room then it did.
Go with the g, a far better pick, IMO.

autosm
10-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah they may be pricy but they just have a bad label and i dont really see why. They are great cars, interiors are awesome with nice brushed metal and such. And once you own a German car, you wont go back to a honda or a nissan :)

Once it is off warranty you will wish you could go back .

AG_Styles
10-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by autosm

qft. dumped my bmw in a hurry for my civic.
guess it's about what u want i guess. i preferred to have a lighter car that's a lot easier/cheaper to modify and more fun to drive.

autosm
10-12-2007, 03:31 PM
My Father had so many problems with his new(04)
BMW they gave him another car.

I guess what is good about them is it was BMW's idea to give him a new car wiyh out him asking.

2000Accord
10-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the input everyone, very usefull.

TNationFTW
10-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by autosm

so true!!
bmw's are junk when off warranty, especially newer ones with everything computerized. Why can't BMW make Euro versions here which don't have all the bells and whistles, and are just pure drivers cars?

bobby_lu
10-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by TNationFTW

so true!!
bmw's are junk when off warranty, especially newer ones with everything computerized. Why can't BMW make Euro versions here which don't have all the bells and whistles, and are just pure drivers cars?

so how many HOURS is this account going to last?

euro_racer
10-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by TNationFTW

so true!!

yeah, true, but i heard the 3 series models turn into m3's eventually so they are sorta like wine...gets better with age :thumbsup: