PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to buy a new garrett turbocharger?

Mr_ET
10-02-2007, 10:27 AM
I am thinking of going with something smaller since my little 1.6L spools around 4krpms on my t3/to4e

I am thinking of going with either a t3 .42 .48 or maybe a .48 .60 or even a t3 super 60 all made by Garrett, oil cooled and internally wastegated.

Is there a place in town that sells these new for a decent price? Alamo?

If none in town where should I look for them? I know kinetic in Surrey has some but they are selling the super 60 for 708 before shipping and I want to see if I can get it cheaper somewhere else?

euro_racer
10-02-2007, 10:57 AM
i have a turbonetics t3 super 60 for sale, its used for 2000km's, pm me if interested

Mr_ET
10-02-2007, 11:25 AM
pm'd

Mr_ET
10-04-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm going to check out euro_racer's turbo when we get a chance to meet but if I decide to go new where should I look guys?

T-Dubbs
10-04-2007, 10:16 AM
epic welding.....

Mr_ET
10-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Jason is this true?

T-Dubbs
10-04-2007, 03:59 PM
im pretty sure it says that on their site

stevo 27
10-04-2007, 06:08 PM
BLAAST PERFORMANCE

even comes with a 6 month warrenty :D

awsome guys :thumbsup:

this seems like what you want

vvv

Brand: Turbonetics / Garrett
Model: T3 (.48/.60)
Size: T3/T03
Compressor A/R: 0.60
Compressor trim: "60"
Turbine A/R: 0.48
Turbine trim: standard
Flange type: T3
water cooling: Optional
Internally wastegatable: YES

450 water cooled
425 not

i think they wanted 20-30 bucks to ship

or you can make a trip down to montreal and pick it up like i did lol:rofl:

Mr_ET
10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Might have to pick one up in person when I go to Montreal in Feb!

gpomp
10-04-2007, 06:20 PM
what's your budget? save up for a gt28rs so you won't have to buy a new turbo for whenever you decide to go b-series. the turbo is good for 350 hp. jason can get you the t3 flanged version from atp, you'll want the .82 housing. personally, i would spent more to get the better turbo so i wouldn't be stuck in this kind of situation, but that's me.

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/turbopiping/dynodata/integragsr.htm

stevo 27
10-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
Might have to pick one up in person when I go to Montreal in Feb!

well check out there site there really good prices

and i had no trouble bringing it back on the plain :thumbsup:

www.blaastperformance.com

gpomp
10-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by stevo 27

so what is this? a turbonetics with garrett parts? or a garrett turbo with turbonetics parts? or maybe garrett/turbonetics replica parts?

stevo 27
10-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

so what is this? a turbonetics with garrett parts? or a garrett turbo with turbonetics parts? or maybe garrett/turbonetics replica parts?

turbonrtics OR garrett i beleve

i bought my gt35r and it's all garret and what you said minus the replica part may be the case because they also rebuild turbos

hamburgler
10-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by stevo 27
BLAAST PERFORMANCE

even comes with a 6 month warrenty :D

awsome guys :thumbsup:

this seems like what you want

vvv

Model: T3 (.48/.60)
Size: T3/T03
Compressor A/R: 0.60
Compressor trim: "60"
Turbine A/R: 0.48
Turbine trim: standard
Flange type: T3
water cooling: Optional
Internally wastegatable: YES

450 water cooled
425 not

i think they wanted 20-30 bucks to ship

or you can make a trip down to montreal and pick it up like i did lol:rofl:

that seems like alot of money to spend on a rebuild. sure they use oem cast garrett housings but i wouldnt trust anything on the inside.

try these guys out. ill be buying from them in the spring:

http://www.synapseturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SM&Category_Code=turbos

or else these guys are in BC but for some reason they are charging like a 15% increase going from the us dollar to cad dollar? they never gave me a good reason, but that it costs alot to maintain the website or somthing like that.

http://www.kineticmotorsport.com/catalog/Turbochargers-16-2.html

stevo 27
10-05-2007, 05:28 AM
you can get new thro them also
1350 brand new 35r from them

Mr_ET
10-05-2007, 09:03 AM
I know about kinetic bot they are charging $708 for a t3 super 60 and that does not even include shipping. As some of you are also mentioning their prices jump up going from us to canadian dollar as well.

My wastegate comes from them and I had some great service but they seem a bit expensive. Is this a decent price for that turbo or should it be more around $500-$600?

Wouldn't the gt28rs be a bit too big for my engine?

I understand it is a great turbo and have been reading about it for years in SCC. I also know that ball bearing turbos spool earlier but it's still bigger then the one I have right now and I am not spooling mine until past 4000rpms.

That turbo is also out of my price range right now. I would prefer not to go over $600 on a new turbo and I think I can get a new t3 for that price if I shop around a bit.

My engine will be on it's stock internals for a bit still and a d series can't handle much more than 200whp so I don't need something very big. The physical size of the turbo is also an issue because right now the compressor on mine does not enable me to turn it towards the driver side because it would end up in my radiator.

That's why I am thinking a t3 super 60 would be good. it would offer good spool time, less lag, a smaller physical size and it will be able to handle a bit more hp when I decide to build this engine up. I'm staying d series for a while because I'm old and don't like vibration:rofl:

Revhard
10-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Honestly with the current dollar value, I don't see how buying local would be even close....

Mr_ET
10-05-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't mind buying over the internet at all as long as I don't get screwed by duty fees and stupid UPS.

Any good reliable websites I should look at from the States?

I don't mind waiting for 2-3 weeks for the item to come but I need good communication, a tracking number, no or low duty fees and good packaging so the item is as described and not damaged.

Mr.Cavi
10-05-2007, 03:33 PM
what about Slow Boy Racing? (www.slowboyracing.com)

I am not to sure if there prices are that great but they have a good selection. And a friend of mine has had really good expereance with them

hamburgler
10-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
I am thinking of going with something smaller since my little 1.6L spools around 4krpms on my t3/to4e

I am thinking of going with either a t3 .42 .48 or maybe a .48 .60 or even a t3 super 60 all made by Garrett, oil cooled and internally wastegated.

Is there a place in town that sells these new for a decent price? Alamo?

If none in town where should I look for them? I know kinetic in Surrey has some but they are selling the super 60 for 708 before shipping and I want to see if I can get it cheaper somewhere else?

your 46 trim is spooling at 4000rpm or its hitting full boost at 4000 rpm. if its hitting full boost at 4000 that is pretty good. if it starts to spool that late you either have a small leak which is not holding exhaust gas pressure or something is messed with your turbo. i was having the same problem and i had a tiny leak between the turbo flange and manifold flange.

Mr_ET
10-07-2007, 10:35 PM
its starting to spool around 3800-4000 full boost all 5.5 psi's at about 4500

it is a 7 pound spring but yet the gauge only reads 5.5. I am guessing I am losing 1.5 in the piping and IC or it's the way my vac line is setup for the gauge that gives an incorrect reading.

the turbine is not so big but the compressor is much bigger than some t3's and t25, t28's I've seen. it also says 0.60 on it.

I will check to see if all bolts are tight but it does feel like it's a big turbo on a small engine.

pgmatt
10-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Blaast and Kinetic are both great to deal with.Kinetic is a major Garrett dealer so call them and ask for a qoute alot of places have not had time to update prices yet.