PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a shell out from the states

Repofspeed
10-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Does anyone have experience getting a bare shell shipped out from the states? Is there any difference between importing a normal car and what not?

Can someone just recommend a company that will handle all the paper work and shipping too ?

Repofspeed
10-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Bump ~

Anyone ? :(

CTSV
10-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I am assuming this shell would probably be sitting on a skid?
(so it can be moved by forklift). Contact the supplier of the shell for freight companies, then check if any of the suggested ones have offices here. Failing that, contact a local LTL truck freighting company and get a quote. You will probably have to contact a broker on your own. Look for Customs Brokers in phone book. They will charge you the GST and paperwork up front and they should send paperwork to the trucking company/supplier so boarder crossing will be okay. You will probably have to line up somewhere to receive it as not many 53 ft trailers want to drive residential streets!
Reasonably easy to do once you have done it.

TNation
10-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I've seen Ford Mustang GT shell's been sent through Day & Ross transportation.

canuckcarguy
10-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Try A&A Contract Customs Brokers in Vancouver, or Kelowna Remarketing Group (I think they're also called workfleets). Both of these companies are experienced at shipping and importing vehicles, they can help you or steer you in the right direction.

FAHQ
10-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Hi dont know if your already familiar with this site:
www.riv.ca
They are the authority for importing cars into canada.
I would give their toll free number a call 1-888-848-8240 they might have some good answers.

I am also thinking of buying a car from the USA and importing it into Canada, and i am just doing my research now.
There is a nice sticky in this forum where i have also picked up some great tips by some nice forum members.

If i recall in that sticky someone else was asking a similar question and other users offered up some advice with companies that do this kind of stuff.
Might be worth a look.