PDA

View Full Version : **Sept 2007: Contest Voting Thread!!**

nismodrifter
10-02-2007, 08:03 PM
My apologies for the delay in putting the voting thread up, I have had no access to internet over the past couple days so it's been out of my control. :(

Here is the voting thread for the September 2007 Pshop contest.

Place your vote using the POLL voting system and also feel free to DISCUSS the entries in this month's contest and the pshop contest in general. Feel free to post constructive criticism for entrants but please keep all insults to yourself.

Voting will end at 11:00pm (MST) on Sunday October 7th
- You must be registered for more than 30 days to vote.

The usernames of the people who made each entry (and the name of the winner) will be announced after voting has been completed.

Best of luck to all contestants!!!

Here is the picture that was photoshopped this month:
http://members.shaw.ca/pshopcontest/contest1024.jpg

nismodrifter
10-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Can someone confirm that all pics are working? :) Thanks!

ricefarmer
10-02-2007, 08:27 PM
yes they are working... voted:thumbsup:

Daan
10-02-2007, 08:28 PM
pics are working ,,, and they are butt ugly chops
1st one ... acceptable

what's the prize ?

ricefarmer
10-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Daan
tjey are working ,,, and they are butt ugly chops

hahaha do you care to submit your entry?

MtYurmom
10-02-2007, 08:44 PM
jeez. i shoulda entered.

infamous
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
i picked the first one because i love the carrera gt headlights, the oz rims are hawtttt, and the interior colors are perfect! :thumbsup:

bagelsjustbagel
10-02-2007, 11:14 PM
PEOPLE LOOK AT THE REAR END OF THE LAST ONE, IT'S FROM A MERCEDES SL55AMG!!!

ercchry
10-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by bagelsjustbagel
PEOPLE LOOK AT THE REAR END OF THE LAST ONE, IT'S FROM A MERCEDES SL55AMG!!!

ahh so thats why the lines dont flow...

but really number one has sunken wheels :(

just a little friendly competition boys :D

01RedDX
10-02-2007, 11:41 PM

Kona9
10-03-2007, 07:00 AM
The last one is definitely original. I couldn't see the Benzo in it until it was mentioned. It reminded me of a Miata with a tall windshield.

Nice work on combining two different backgrounds!!

infamous
10-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
It reminded me of a Miata with a tall windshield.

lmao! that's exactly what i thought when i looked at it

SunniSunShine
10-03-2007, 09:08 AM
i really liked number 1 at first but decided to vote for the orange one, that colour looks so killer, but the headlights kind of look like a neon for some reason oh well :dunno:

inline6turbo
10-03-2007, 09:45 AM
It was a tough call.

The second one is really interesting. Has alot of changes and the visual effects are cool. The headlights imo are a little to bright for the style of picture it is, and the rear end looks kinda squashed. It just doesn't seem to flow very well for me. Also the front bumper looks kinda weird with the sides nearly touching the ground, but the middle being higher and casting a shadow. While at the same time... where did that second shadow some from? Is there something hovering above it? Still, great effort.

The third one's colour really stood out and the seats look awesome, but the only thing that could have changed imo would be the background. With a color that "wow" on a car, I think the backgroud should have a little more color to help accentuate the car and it kinda looks weird having the towers so small in the background and the car so huge... kinda looks like a monster size car. :dunno: Also, A+ for the rims, goes great with the car, very nice! And the kit looks great, and the signals/plate removal is awesome. :clap:

The fourth one's originality with the benz rear end was pretty cool, but maybe next time try to get the body lines to flow more. Also the front end it sitting pretty high like a 4x4 and the back is nice and slammed and it seems thats the only thing other then color/rims that was changed on the car? Good effort, can't wait until your skills get more refined so you can work with that originality.

Number 1 did it for me, The rims just seem to pop out, the headlights are beautiful, the side vent looks much better without the division and it looks alot better without the front bumper signals or license plate. It all seems to flow very beautifully
Very well done!

Good work shown by all!

soupey
10-03-2007, 08:52 PM
im totally in on this nxt time...

D911
10-03-2007, 09:12 PM
i think i should've entered..

first ones seems best.

Kona9
10-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Sooooo.....What's the prize? :D :D :D

nismodrifter
10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Nice work Kona9!!!! The winner for this contest is obviously Entry #1 which was created by Mr. Kona9 himself!!!

Entry #2 was made by ercchry
Entry #3 was made by........me :)
Entry #4 was made by bagelsjustbagel

Kona9 has won a piece of Beyond.ca merchandise!! Please PM kenny to arrange the details of pick up etc. :)

I look forward to seeing more people enter these contests in the near future. This contest was kind of a "test" to gauge interest in the contests. We haven't had a contest in like 1 year and I wanted to see how much interest people had for the contests. The thing that disappoints me about this first contest is that we only got 3 entries. I really hoped to see at least 4-5.

Keep an eye out in the next couple of days for a "feeler" thread for a future contest. If you want BIGGER and BETTER prizes then you will definately want to check it out :)

Kona9
10-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Excellent! Nice work on the entries guys!!

I look forward to the next contest and an even bigger turnout!

nismodrifter
10-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Excellent! Nice work on the entries guys!!

I look forward to the next contest and an even bigger turnout!

You kicked my butt big time haha. I spent so much time on my front kit, it's pieced together from like 3 cars. Even did a huge widebody in the rear. As I was doing mine I was thinking "damn, mine is THE SHIT" haha...I guess not lol. I had fun doing it, I haven't pshopped anything in a LONG time. I did mine during class the day after exams...wasn't going to learn anything anyways so it was a good way to pass the time :)

I want to see more ppl entering next month!

streetarab
10-10-2007, 03:49 PM
ahhh crap, this is the first ive been on since the submissions were over, ill throw mine up in another thread

Kona9
10-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by streetarab
ahhh crap, this is the first ive been on since the submissions were over, ill throw mine up in another thread
Nah..post it here!!! Let's see it!

My car involves:
-Cut and lowered windshield
-Wheels from a modded 350Z, Tucked and Shaded (a little unreal but cool in my eyes) Painted Bronze with Bronzed reflections
-Ferrari 430 side skirt
-Widened rear end
-lLwered
-Carrera GT headlamps
-New Seats and colored interior
-Side vent opening and stretching
-Front bumper mods, signal delete, removal of air damn dividers
-License plate delete
-Painted
-Repainted Mirrors
-Lighting effect
-Touch up airbrushing.
-Shaved Door Handle

cycosis
12-02-2007, 04:05 PM
I had no idea you guys still did contests.