PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions for the veedub

redline_13000
07-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Hey guys, the GTI is starting to look good. One problem, right now i only have enough money to either put big bumpers on the car along with the headlight conversion, and keep it all primered for a few weeks. OR i can hold off the bumpers and headlights and go ahead with the paintjob. Problem here is that the car will look pretty gay with the bumpers it has now, and the stock headlights which i hate, Also ill have to paint the bumpers separately when i buy them, which could be inconvenient. If i keep the car in primer for now i can get a paint job and rims in a few weeks, maybe even lowering. which should i do?

Weapon_R
07-07-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000
Problem here is that the car will look pretty gay with the bumpers it has now, and the stock headlights which i hate

Whats gay is having a car in primer for a few weeks. Keep the bumpers, paint the car, and when you have the cash, get the big bumpers.

redline_13000
07-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Whats gay is having a car in primer for a few weeks. Keep the bumpers, paint the car, and when you have the cash, get the big bumpers.

Then ill have to paint them somehow. I dont think ill be able to find a paint match in spray cans

redline_13000
07-08-2003, 12:34 AM
anybody besides weapon r?

VWhooligan
07-08-2003, 12:37 AM
depends if you're going to drive the car in public in those few weeks you dont have primer on it.

i wouldnt be seen in a primer car.

ecstasy_civic
07-08-2003, 12:44 AM
drive in primer and get the bumpers you want, then just wait to paint it once there installed.

civiclvr
07-08-2003, 01:21 AM
can't you just get the bumpers painted after?? or is it too expensive? i'd say get it painted then bumpers.... i'm sure you could get the bumpers painted cheap later besides it would be painted inside & out better coverage!

James
07-08-2003, 01:59 AM
Just paint it once the bodywork is done, then sell it to me! :D

dj_honda
07-08-2003, 10:20 AM
do bodywork first
you might have to touch it up a bit after a few weeks of primered driving, but overall it will look better than having them painted seperately...

Kona9
07-08-2003, 10:50 AM
VW GTi with big bumpers are awesome. Just deal with the primer until your ready for paint. It will most likely be worth the wait.

itsalebaron
07-08-2003, 11:09 AM
why dont u buy the bumpers leave them in your basement for a few weeks and drive the cars as is ..then when you can afford the full paint job put the bumpers on and paint it

or dont even buy the bumpers till you can afford both the bumpers and the paint

Abom
07-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda
do bodywork first
you might have to touch it up a bit after a few weeks of primered driving, but overall it will look better than having them painted seperately...

Maybe if the paint job is half-assed.

There is will be NOTHING wrong with having them painted seperately. It's really up to you, both ways are perfectly fine.

diesel_boy
07-10-2003, 02:52 PM
keep the car primerd and get the big bumpers eather way u are going to be waiting for something

92 Teg-B18A
07-11-2003, 11:32 PM
Bumpers and headlight conversion!
When you get it painted you won't have any issues with the paint mismatching :)

Scat
07-12-2003, 09:53 PM
Do everything you want for the body, and then paint it. It would look best that way. I think its super gay if you drive in a primered car, but that makes the most sense.