PDA

View Full Version : December 21, 2012 (End of the world, according to Mayans)

Canmorite
10-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Alright so I've had friends ask me about this, but I just can't believe what they're saying. Mayans predicting the end of the world on Dec. 21, 2012, prediction of 9/11, prediction of Katrina, the list goes on.

Seems like conspiracy material to me, but has anyone else ever heard of this? Pretty interesting subject.

http://media.www.guilfordian.com/media/storage/paper281/news/2005/11/04/Forum/Mayan.Calendar.Predicts.Armageddon-1046408.shtml

http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

And more interesting topics at: http://www.december212012.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012

Are we gonna have to party like its 2012? :dunno:

GTS Jeff
10-02-2007, 11:51 PM
There is ALWAYS some sorta retarded TV special about doomsday prophecies. After a couple come and go, you should realize that it's horseshit.

01RedDX
10-02-2007, 11:54 PM

Street_Soldier
10-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Isnt there supposed to be something about he last pope being in 2012 or something? I m really hazy on the idea.

TomcoPDR
10-03-2007, 12:25 AM
What about the suppose Y2K computer disaster?

SilverRex
10-03-2007, 07:45 AM
I heard something a few years back about the date 2012,

also about that time there will be some sort of meteor that will scrape by the earth ever so closely,

who knows, something will happen, even if it does not hit earth, the gravitational pull could do damage to the balance of the earth's natural workings.

scary.

oh well. everyone repent, goto church and believe in Jesus :thumbsup: time to plan my life up in heaven instead.

Canmorite
10-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
There is ALWAYS some sorta retarded TV special about doomsday prophecies. After a couple come and go, you should realize that it's horseshit.

I've never heard of previous TV specials about the world ending. Is it just an effort to believe in their teachings? Hell, then even sell t-shirts and other merch on their site. There is something in it for them apparently.

I try to read and understand what these Mayan teachers are saying but I can't take it all seriously. Even that Zeitgeist movie has a bit on Mayan history which is pretty crazy footage.

GTS Jeff
10-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Think of it this way, if the Mayans were so smart, then why are they dead?

GTS Jeff
10-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite

I've never heard of previous TV specials about the world ending. Is it just an effort to believe in their teachings? Hell, then even sell t-shirts and other merch on their site. There is something in it for them apparently.

I try to read and understand what these Mayan teachers are saying but I can't take it all seriously. Even that Zeitgeist movie has a bit on Mayan history which is pretty crazy footage. Tune into shitty channel like A&E during the daytime and you'll see all sorts of dumb shit like doomsday specials, alien abductions, crop circles, etc.

sputnik
10-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Tune into shitty channel like A&E during the daytime and you'll see all sorts of dumb shit like doomsday specials, alien abductions, crop circles, etc.

... and the only people interested in those shows are unemployed sitting on their fat asses watching TV all day.

Toms-SC
10-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

... and the only people interested in those shows are unemployed sitting on their fat asses watching TV all day.

Or people looking up 9/11 theories on the internet

doublepostwhore
10-03-2007, 05:26 PM
THe only thing I worry about are the mangnet poles of the earth switching :D.

ercchry
10-03-2007, 05:35 PM

they knew too much...

01RedDX
10-03-2007, 06:17 PM

Evro
10-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Ya 01RedDx is right, i saw plenty of them in mexico, but now they mainly do arts and crafts although I was still very impressed by the fact that nearly all of them were very talented artists...

and no the mayans never said 2012 would be the end of the world, as mentioned above its the end of the long count and to them this represents the end of this world creation and the creation of a new one, cause for celebration - i'm hoping it brings change because the worlds a pretty unhappy place now

mark4091
10-03-2007, 07:08 PM
It's pretty funny because it's bullshit but... they actually found that something weird could happen with out universe due to something.. I remember reading that somewhere just can't find the link.

doublepostwhore
10-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by mark4091
It's pretty funny because it's bullshit but... they actually found that something weird could happen with out universe due to something.. I remember reading that somewhere just can't find the link.

Most nebulous post in history. ever.

mark4091
10-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore

Most nebulous post in history. ever.
I realize my post sounded that way but heres a link to what I was talking about

http://www.viewzone.com/milkyway.html

GTS Jeff
10-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

They are not dead! At least I saw plenty when I went trekking in the jungles of the Yucatan.

They are definitely not dead, some of them smell funny, but not dead... Nope, they're dead.

Exhibit A:

http://www.coppercanyonadventures.com/Pascual_Abaj_Mayan_ceremonial_site.jpg

jdmXSI
10-03-2007, 08:21 PM
The end of time from what i have seen is just a mistranslation. From what ive seen its supposed to mean "end of an era", we're not gonna die, nothing bad is gonna happen. Go to google and look up ZEITGEIST It goes over the the end time thing. It will be the first one that comes up. It is the 1st part of the little movie after the intro.

Subwoofah
10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
I predict a war in 2017! China vs US!!!

"Third, the rise of China in Africa is a real fact that few studied well, and even fewer reckoned its consequences. Few people have realized that China pursues in Africa a long-term target project only one aspect of which is the extraction of natural resources through the cooperation with unpopular, criminal and outrageous dictators. Few have been perspicacious enough to see that China in Africa is not following a European or American colonial model presence but worked out a new Chinese pattern of colonialism that involves extraction of resources, commercial - economic control, political support to dictators (particularly those of sizeable countries), and – last but not least – covered military presence.

All the Chinese workers who work in Chinese fields, factories and plants can easily form and man a Chinese army on African soil – perfectly equipped, as not a single African dictator thought possible to check their installations, cargos and ammunitions. China can deliver in Africa a big surprise at a moment of global crisis that will be detrimental for European and American interests in the Black continent. "

This is a fact as i've lived in Ethiopia since 1996-2003...

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=38286

kerry
10-08-2007, 12:48 AM
I heard that Joesph Smith Jr. was going to come back to life as a butterfly in the year 2020. Him and L. Ron Hubbard are going to morph into a super being that will eat the world for dinner with a side of mashed potatoes.

ScottysZ
10-08-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
THe only thing I worry about are the mangnet poles of the earth switching :D.

Its happening man. I dont think weve gotta worry about it in our lifetime though... probably wont even do anything anyways except make a few electronics go wonky.