PDA

View Full Version : Outbreak!!!!!

Speed_Dreams
07-07-2003, 10:36 PM
Damn, I think i saw more Porche Cheyyane's (sp?) Today then I have seen 911's and other porches EVER! i saw like 10 f them and they weren't the same one....Different colors Different plates (ima parts truck driver i have nothing better to do then remember plates of sweet ass cars!!) but i mean come on....why would you want a 911 with 4 doors and a foot more ground clearence??? as if anyones gonna go 4Xing in there $100,000 sport ute!

Sorry i just don't like Luxury sport utilities

End of rant

mad_psyentist
07-08-2003, 09:00 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who raised an eyebrow in question when Porsche made an SUV. Granted, it's a nice lookin ride for an SUV ... even if it caters more to the 50+ with nothing better to do with their money than buy another land boat. I'm just SO glad they didn't decide to out-size the Lincoln Navigator/Street Legal Cruise Liner.

911 with 4 doors... heh heh. There is a resemblance.

rage2
07-08-2003, 09:56 AM
I think it's the ugliest SUV ever made. But I drove one, and I was pretty impressed at how un-SUV like the drive was. Felt like driving a sports sedan.

But yea, it is damn ugly... almost as ugly as this thing :

http://www.prismadesignintl.com/New%20Site.data/Designs/Images/glkfront.gif

mad_psyentist
07-08-2003, 10:06 AM
Holy... looks like a Compressor jacked up on on huge tires. Heh heh, looks like a 2-seater SUV. Wait... isn't that an oxymoron?

E36M3
07-08-2003, 10:09 AM
The thing drove decently, but the interior was so unbelievably shitty that I couldn't believe it. What is with that huge plastic star trek lever? Did you notice the whole gearbox assembly shake when you pushed it over into Tiptronic mode?

Silly Porsche. Apparently next year they are going to redo the interior and get it right.

Originally posted by rage2
I think it's the ugliest SUV ever made. But I drove one, and I was pretty impressed at how un-SUV like the drive was. Felt like driving a sports sedan.

But yea, it is damn ugly... almost as ugly as this thing :

http://www.prismadesignintl.com/New%20Site.data/Designs/Images/glkfront.gif

benyl
07-08-2003, 10:18 AM
I was at the unveiling of the Cayenne at South Center. I too was not impressed with the interior. For 80K, I'd expect something way better.

How are they selling here in Canada anyway? I heard that in the states, they were selling under MSRP when they first came out because dealers had so many on the lot.

I don't blame Porsche for trying, I mean everyone is making trucks now...

K271
07-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Every car company is trying to hit different demographics to sell vehicles. So if porsche wants to build an SUV, why not, I'm sure they did all the research and the results were enough to validate the company to go in that direction. It's like VW and their new SUV, they see a market for it.

Scat
07-08-2003, 06:42 PM
I haven't seen the interior of the cayenne but i will have to take your word for it that it is shit. I for one am quite impressed with the whole package though. Although it is very ugly, an available twin turbo V-8!?!?! :bigpimp: I think it is the best SUV out there. But then again I just like going fast

04blackMAX
07-08-2003, 07:11 PM
today i saw more toyota corrolla's today, red ones, blue ones, white ones, black ones, baby blue ones.........