PDA

View Full Version : RANT2: Telus SUCKS.

Sally Simpson
10-03-2007, 10:18 PM
After my recent ADSL nightmares, and changing to Shaw, I called up Telus to Cancel my ADSL.

After finally getting through to the cancellation line via the Interactive Voice Response, I spoke with a sympathetic agent, who was quite curious as to why I'd cancel after 8 years of using ADSL. I briefly told her my story.

She apologized, and told me she'd give me some credits, blah blah blah, and that "because I was such a long time customer", she could change my phone services package to get me some savings. It was only a couple of bucks a month, but what the hell - No skin off my nose - I sign up.

Today all of my voicemail is gone, and I am being asked to setup my voicemail. SHAZAM. It dawns on me: I've been tricked into migrating onto a new voicemail system.

Would have been nice if someone mentioned that little hitch to me.

I'm LIVID, and will be looking into Shaw phone ASAP.

Tik-Tok
10-03-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm starting to wonder how you even know how to use a computer... or a phone.

Weapon_R
10-03-2007, 10:29 PM
If you can be bought back for a couple dollars, your problems can't be that bad.

Sally Simpson
10-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
If you can be bought back for a couple dollars, your problems can't be that bad.

Who said I was bought back?

schocker
10-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Sally Simpson

Who said I was bought back?

Originally posted by Sally Simpson
She apologized, and told me she'd give me some credits, blah blah blah, and that "because I was such a long time customer", she could change my phone services package to get me some savings. It was only a couple of bucks a month, but what the hell - No skin off my nose - I sign up.
:dunno:

Palmiros
10-04-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm sorry, but going back to Telus (KNOWING HOW MUCH THE SUCK) is pretty much like selling your soul to the devil.

GTS Jeff
10-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I'm starting to wonder how you even know how to use a computer... or a phone. You're basically the only Telus advocate on a board full of Telus haters. What does that tell you?

KRyn
10-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Sally Simpson I feel for you.. My parents got Telus awhile back because it was bundled with their phone service.. I constantly had them calling me because it was down or super slow. They ended up going over to shaw and have had no problems since.

:thumbsup: Shaw

Tik-Tok
10-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You're basically the only Telus advocate on a board full of Telus haters. What does that tell you?

The only advocating I've done is acknowledging telus's customer service is as bad as shaw's (from personal experience).

She's the one who keeps having trouble, yet goes back for more, and seems to think minimal technical details are huge complications (ie how to use the telus modem, and setting up a new voice mail system)

GTS Jeff
10-04-2007, 03:52 AM

The only advocating I've done is acknowledging telus's customer service is as bad as shaw's (from personal experience).

She's the one who keeps having trouble, yet goes back for more, and seems to think minimal technical details are huge complications (ie how to use the telus modem, and setting up a new voice mail system) You're missing what I'm getting at man. Sally's ineptness with technology doesn't change the fact that Telus is:

a. brutally slow
b. has bullshit customer service policies
c. blames everything on the customer
d. charges to send a tech out
e. makes people wait weeks for installation

Telus is a company that still has the mentality that it's some sort of government company with a monopoly on the biz, so they think they can get away with raping customers by charging for every little thing, barely providing customer service, and not staying current with the technology to provide faster speeds. What's even funnier is that their idea of retaining customers isn't to provide a better product with better support, it's just to lure people in with contracts and random knicknacks like ipods.

What kind of idiot signs on with a company like that when there is another one out there that:

a. is much faster, no question
b. is fast with customer service and tech support
c. free installation and free on site tech support
d. install within days

Start a poll, Shaw vs. Telus. Then try to tell me that being in the minority (Telus) somehow means you're smarter and everyone else is dumber than you...

Sally Simpson
10-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Palmiros
I'm sorry, but going back to Telus (KNOWING HOW MUCH THE SUCK) is pretty much like selling your soul to the devil.

Several users here are suffering from reading comprehension issues. Let's recap for those who need it.

1) I cancelled my DSL with Telus in favor of shaw. I did not cancel or leave my residential service at any time

2) As a result, Telus credited me a month for the time I wasted troubleshooting, and offered to change my residential/long distance (read: PHONE SERVICE) pacage as well, citing increased savings.

Sally Simpson
10-04-2007, 08:13 AM

She's the one who keeps having trouble, yet goes back for more, and seems to think minimal technical details are huge complications (ie how to use the telus modem, and setting up a new voice mail system)

I'm amazed at the inconvenience people are willing to accept in their lives, and how little they value their time.

I've lost all of my voicemail, and am being asked to reinitialize software. It is not that it is beyond my capability - it is that I resent the unnecessary drain upon my time, and the deceitful manner which caused it.

It's corporate apologists like you who ensure that we as customers keep getting delivered crappy services.

Readers who think I have "gone back" to Telus must be unaware that the ADSL service is separate from the residential phone service, and one can be cancelled independantly of the other.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Why would you keep Telus phone, after transferring to Shaw internet? Why not save the hassle and move it all over at once, keep it bundled, and save money from the get-go? If your sick of dealing with Telus' customer service, don't expect it to be different from any other part of the company. Baseline: Telus sucks shit. Stop ranting, no one cares, they're just getting a good laugh out of your whining.

Tik-Tok
10-04-2007, 08:32 AM

Start a poll, Shaw vs. Telus. Then try to tell me that being in the minority (Telus) somehow means you're smarter and everyone else is dumber than you...

I'll wholeheartedly disagree with b. , as the entire reason I left Shaw was because it took them 8-10 days to come check my lines every time I called, and they refused to believe the line between my house and the pole was the problem (even though it was always swinging in the wind EVERY time my internet cut out), and wanted to charge me if I wanted it changed.

I never said I was smarter than everyone else, I just haven't had any problems with Telus ADSL (as of date). That being said, I will probably be going back to Shaw in Feb. if they agree to change that line (on their $, not mine, as they technically own it).

rmk
10-04-2007, 08:42 AM
You're missing what I'm getting at man. Sally's ineptness with technology doesn't change the fact that Telus is:

a. brutally slow
b. has bullshit customer service policies
c. blames everything on the customer
d. charges to send a tech out
e. makes people wait weeks for installation

Telus is a company that still has the mentality that it's some sort of government company with a monopoly on the biz, so they think they can get away with raping customers by charging for every little thing, barely providing customer service, and not staying current with the technology to provide faster speeds. What's even funnier is that their idea of retaining customers isn't to provide a better product with better support, it's just to lure people in with contracts and random knicknacks like ipods.

What kind of idiot signs on with a company like that when there is another one out there that:

a. is much faster, no question
c. free installation and free on site tech support
d. install within days

Great post

Sally Simpson
10-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
Why would you keep Telus phone, after transferring to Shaw internet? Why not save the hassle and move it all over at once, keep it bundled, and save money from the get-go?

Because I wish to look before I leap to Shaw phone, lest I end up in a worse situation.

Do not mistake lack of impulsiveness for paralysis.

2jzgte
10-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah their customer service is a joke, put me on hold for about an hour last week, just to change one thing on my plan.

BlackArcher101
10-04-2007, 11:54 AM
So were you switched from the Telus Voice Mail to Telus Voice Mail Simple? Have you verified this? If so, that's your couple bucks savings right there as it's a $2 difference.

When I was looking at the VM packages, I noticed you can access telus voicemail on the web. Didn't know that. Can't believe Shaw doesn't have it yet.

GTS Jeff
10-04-2007, 12:18 PM

I'll wholeheartedly disagree with b. , as the entire reason I left Shaw was because it took them 8-10 days to come check my lines every time I called, and they refused to believe the line between my house and the pole was the problem (even though it was always swinging in the wind EVERY time my internet cut out), and wanted to charge me if I wanted it changed.

I never said I was smarter than everyone else, I just haven't had any problems with Telus ADSL (as of date). That being said, I will probably be going back to Shaw in Feb. if they agree to change that line (on their $, not mine, as they technically own it).

Well it's really too bad you've had a bad experience with Shaw, but your personal experience doesn't mean much in light of the everyone else's experiences. As you can tell from the posters on Beyond, for your one bad experience with Shaw, there are 10 good experiences with Shaw. Just because you've personally been screwed doesn't mean the company is bad overall.

It's like cars. Yes, Honda undoubtedly makes some of the world's most reliable cars, but there are still going to be the occasional lemons out there. It's just that there are LESS lemons than with other manufacturers. In this case, some people will still have problems with Shaw, but that number of people is far greater with Telus.

em2ab
10-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Okay, you should have asked her about this to get the full explanation of what happened instead of just assuming it. She changed your plan, most likely by removing your old plan which removes all the features with it.....including voicemail. So it's gone.....your space on the server for your voicemail was deleted and when she added your new plan, you were given a new block of space on the server which had to be set up from scratch again. When I worked there (Mobility, not Landline) most of the reps were pretty good and would mention to the client that they'd have to set it up again just so there's no surprises. But if she didn't mention it to you, it's for one of 3 reasons:

- she just didn't care (not always the case)
- she simply forgot
- she was new and didn't know that would happen (most likely)

The turnover rate isn't that high at Telus but there are always new people in there and there is a way to change plans without wiping the voicemail. But it takes making a few mistakes before figuring how it's done the right way.

Sally Simpson
10-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
Okay, you should have asked her about this to get the full explanation of what happened instead of just assuming it. .

I disagree. The fault was Telus' for presenting this as strictly an administrative/billing change.

It's not my responsibility to interrogate CSRs for potentially undisclosed information, but it is their responsibility to tell me what I need to know to make an informed decision.