PDA

View Full Version : Animals know

Supa Dexta
10-04-2007, 04:48 PM
So I just got back to NS this morning, here for a couple of weeks vacation. And this is really strange, I had this dog I got in '95 I think it was, shes been living on my parents farm while I've been out west. She got shot a number of yrs back and lost a leg then, but has always been in good health, even with 3 legs.. So I get here this morning, and she's laying under my parents travel trailer, she just looks up and doesn't move much.. I go talk to her a bit but she doesn't come out, and then I went in to sleep for a couple hours. I go out and she had died.

Isn't that totally bizarre? That she held on long enough for me to make it home, on a basically non planned vacation.

So I took her out back this afternoon and buried her, I had my moment while I dug the hole, but thats alright, theres a man law about that sort of thing when your dog dies.. I'm not too upset about the whole thing now, it was time. She has a pup here, well its a few yrs old now, so he doesn't know where she went, we'll see how he handles it...

But yeah, it's just so weird how she held out just until I came home one last time..

:(

Ajay
10-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Dogs can sense that type of thing in my opinion.

Sorry for your loss.

5hift
10-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I think she was probably sick and dying regardless, but when she saw/smelled you, she had a flood of memories as she remembered you, went to a happy place in her mind as she was no longer waiting for her master to come home, and died peacefully.

I'm sorry for your loss, but to die of old age out on a farm in NS ... it seems like she had a pretty good life for a dog.

jdmXSI
10-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Sorry for your loss, atleast she had a pup that will be apart of your family.

Spoons
10-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Dude fuck any man law and not being upset or crying when your dog dies. Loosing a pet is like loosing a family member. My dog got hit by a car and we had to put her down.

ekguy
10-04-2007, 07:21 PM
sorry for your loss. losing a pet is never fun. but i agree we had pets back in nb and they seem to have a better life out there.

mekeni
10-04-2007, 07:22 PM
sorry for your lose...

your story reminds me of odysseus...

BoostMonkey
10-04-2007, 10:00 PM
I understand what you may have felt at one point as I'm still greiving from losing my dog on monday :(

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Sorry for your loss. Good to hear you got to see her one more time.

Kona9
10-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Sorry for your loss! I definitely agree with you about what dogs sense and know!

I lost my dog to the ex. He is still alive and I miss him so much!!

Aznstealth
10-04-2007, 11:43 PM
sorry to hear about your dog... the same thing happened when my cat died a few years back 20 year old cat waited for me to get home late from school and then hid and passed away that night...:(