PDA

View Full Version : Crashed my 850 today wondering if...

Mott
10-04-2007, 10:36 PM
I know this is more of a performance thread, but I was wondering if you car junkies could help me out. I smashed in the front end of my 1993 Volvo 850 GLT today and basicly took out the front of the car up to the radiator. I think my engine itself is ok, but because of the damage to the front and the bending in of the passenger side metal on the front of the car and the 2 airbags going off completely taking out my steering wheel and dashboard and windshield I feel it is not worth it to repair this vehicle. I was wondering if you guys could help me find a 93 850 glt I could use to sort of put together with this one to make a working car as I don't want to buy a new car if I can do this cheaper. If the engine is still ok (which I think it is) it was recently rebuilt and is in excellent condition.

What do you guys think? I just have no clue where to start and I am having one of the worst days in my life. Oh yah and I don't have collision for myself so I don't get a penny compensation for my car.

Also I am 22 and taking a year off of college so I don't have much money at all that is why I want to take the cheapest route I can. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

cocoabrova
10-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Assuming that you only have PLPD coverage on your car, phone around to the wreckers in town and see if there's any good, not totally raped, shells of your car available. If there isn't (I highly doubt you'll find one), then you're probably better off just buying a cheap decent car to drive for awhile and slowly fix your Volvo over the winter, if you really want to keep it. If not then just phone around to the wreckers to see if they'd want to buy your car for their salvage yard.