PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have a truck ?

Repofspeed
10-05-2007, 04:25 AM
Mods I apologize because I have no clue where I would post this.

Anyways, does anyone here have a heavy duty truck (that can tow a uhaul auto transport) thats willing to drive down to the states to pick up a car shell with me and a friend? I'm willing to pay for gas and all the White Castle burgers you can eat. Its 2-3 days worth of straight driving and i'm willing to pay 500.

Please PM me if anyone has interest.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Let me get this straight. Your asking someone to come along on a trip, driving their truck. In exchange you will pay $500 + gas + food? What about hotels and stuff? Just trying to clear all that up.

Destinova403
10-05-2007, 10:01 AM
i have a dodge dakota... but i dont know if thatll be powerful enough for the hauler... it can pull a boat... but i dont know about a car trailer.

canuckcarguy
10-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Are you sure it wouldn't just be cheaper to have it hauled here? Towing a trailer for 3 days is bound to cost you at least $1000 in gas. Now add food, lodging, the $500 you're planning to pay the driver, and the lost time - you're looking at a $2500 bill, at least. Shipping is quicker, easier, and cheaper...

Repofspeed
10-05-2007, 06:46 PM
My 200 dollar frame is costing over 4 grand to convert/shipped up here.

The shell needs suspension parts and steelies (quoted 900 for parts, 500 for labour from that garage and additional storage fees until I can get that thing out of there)

I was quoted 2500 from Hansen's alone to have it shipped up and thats before paperwork, so in the end I have to be at the border to pick it up.

Renting a Uhaul and a automotive mover, I was quoted 3300 for the trip, and in the end I'm really running out of options. I'm quite literally thinking about abandoning the shell in the states and just try finding one up here. Plus budget, Uhaul, Enterprise won't rent a truck to someone my in my age category.

Between me, friend and the truck owner I think that we can cover the ground needed in 3 days worth of non stop driving. I'm not sure if anyone would be interested but its basically from:

Calgary -> Nashville Tennessee -> Edmonton

I'm just looking for a highschool student or someone who doesn't mind racking up the mileage on their truck. I mean I think 500 dollars is pretty good for 3 days worth of work.

The curbweight of my non-rolling shell I would think is 1000 pounds + either a trailer or automotive mover (depending on wither I make it rolling or just throw it on a palette) will weigh another 5-600 pounds.

I'm more than willing to pay for any additional fees (speeding tickets, peptobismal, or whatever else might happen).

If I can keep the whole move under 2k that would be sufficient.

inline6turbo
10-05-2007, 07:46 PM
So at 3 days of non stop driving, or, 72 hours of work, at a 500$ payment and incredible wear and tear on their vehicle not included, you're paying them $6.94/hour.

Just not worth it. I'd only do it because my truck is on propane and could probably make the trip on under 300$ in gas.

But I don't have a hitch. Sorry

Graham_A_M
10-05-2007, 07:49 PM
$500 for that much time spent is a joke buddy... honestly. I have a truck myself, but with a deal like that, you have a lot of asking around to do. :rofl:

Spoons
10-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah man 500 is a joke. Although all that white castle does sound good...

Maybe I will lend my dads Sierra. Old big block Chevy 350, with a heavy cam and duel carborated. I can actually WATCH the gas gauge go down :D

Graham_A_M
10-05-2007, 10:31 PM
^ for $500 I wouldn't even lend you my truck for the trip, screw driving it. The vehicle transport company quoted you $2500++ to do this for you, and you think you can offer a beyonder 1/5th of that and find takers?, thats hilarious. :thumbsup:

urban.one
10-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Good luck dude. Tell us how this turns out. But bottle collector tweakers can find that in cans in a few days. This isnt 1990 in Regina.

Originally posted by Repofspeed
Mods I apologize because I have no clue where I would post this.

Anyways, does anyone here have a heavy duty truck (that can tow a uhaul auto transport) thats willing to drive down to the states to pick up a car shell with me and a friend? I'm willing to pay for gas and all the White Castle burgers you can eat. Its 2-3 days worth of straight driving and i'm willing to pay 500.

Please PM me if anyone has interest. :dunno: :dunno:

Repofspeed
10-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the input everyone, problem solved.

canuckcarguy
10-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Glad you solved it. I just remembered a friend of mine sold a shell of a truck to a fellow in Alaska, that guy ended up finding a trucker that was dead-heading that way, and had room for it.

Of course, with our strong dollar, the empty trucks are probably going south, not north...

Let us know how the adventure turns out.