PDA

View Full Version : Goph375 with hildebrand

Xpeep
10-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi was wondering if anyone have notes for goph375. Im not sure if hildebrand taught this course before but he doesn't post his notes online anymore. Please pm me and we can work something out. Thanks

sexualbanana
10-07-2007, 12:53 AM
he used to split the class between him and stewart (i think that's his name). hildebrand got to do all the boring shit like floods, while stewart did volcanoes and shit.

Gainsbarre
10-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Ah, I remember this class well...it was the final option that I had to take (in Winter 2006) and it wasn't a bad choice at all. I had two different guys teaching it though...John Bancroft and Rob Stewart...Stewart was hilarious with his Scottish expressions and risque jokes (e.g. the carpet ones), but he obviously knew that what he was saying was kinda inappropriate, as he would always noticably lower his voice as he delivered the punch line, sometimes even covering his mouth :rofl:

I have all of Bancrofts/Stewarts notes/practice exams. One of the guys also left all of Hilderbrandt's notes from Fall 2005 on the BlackBoard website which I of course took the liberty of saving to my hard drive. The files are however fairly large (a bit large for email). PM me to let me know what you're interested in.

Karim316
10-09-2007, 06:13 PM
I have this midterm tommrow and i can say I am fucked!!!
There is so much shit to know and remember and soo much reading to do. Anyone of suggestions who took this course. Should I focus my studying on cases or should I know the theory more?
hildebrandt has got to be the worst teacher, he rambles on about nothing and doens't tell us what we need to know for the midterm

Paulhammer
10-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I dropped this course after the first day this semester, opting to take it in winter instead.... Hildebrand just seemed like an old fashioned ass with no interest in his students.

if i'm not mistaken, stewart is teaching it in the winter.

EG STyLeZ
10-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Karim316
I have this midterm tommrow and i can say I am fucked!!!
There is so much shit to know and remember and soo much reading to do. Anyone of suggestions who took this course. Should I focus my studying on cases or should I know the theory more?
hildebrandt has got to be the worst teacher, he rambles on about nothing and doens't tell us what we need to know for the midterm

Haha i'm in the same class except I kept up for the most part. did you check out the old midterms on blackboard?

aklalani
10-09-2007, 09:44 PM
man hildebrands exams are a joke. just do the pratice questions and memorize his notes

msommers
10-09-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm in this class as well. Although Hiledrand sort of mumbles and stuff he knows his shit and I pick it up fine. It's the guy we had that one week <insert shoot myself icon>

AG_Styles
10-10-2007, 12:49 PM
yah, it's the sub we had for that one week that "covered" earthquakes and plate tectonics that sucked ass.
I learned more by reading the chapters myself than listening to him trying to explain crap.
Hildebrand is a decent lecturer compared to the other crap i've had to put up with over the years.

punj_abi
10-10-2007, 12:53 PM
hilderbrand is a true celeberity (SP).

Discovered that lake chixalu or what ever

RX_EVOLV
10-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre
Ah, I remember this class well...it was the final option that I had to take (in Winter 2006) and it wasn't a bad choice at all. I had two different guys teaching it though...John Bancroft and Rob Stewart...Stewart was hilarious with his Scottish expressions and risque jokes (e.g. the carpet ones), but he obviously knew that what he was saying was kinda inappropriate, as he would always noticably lower his voice as he delivered the punch line, sometimes even covering his mouth :rofl:

I took that class too with Bancroft and Stewart.. easy as hell.. GPA booster

AG_Styles
10-10-2007, 03:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_Crater

crater of the asteriod that's thought to have wiped out dinosaurs.

totalsweetness
06-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm interested in taking this as one of my options next year.

Alan Hildebrand is teaching it in Fall 2008 while Robert Ferguson is teaching it in Winter 2009.

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on who I should take it with?

Jynx
06-11-2008, 01:22 AM
Just a heads up: Cheating is very difficult if not impossible with hildebrand so if your one of those kinda guys dont take the class with him. I found out the hard way :banghead:

spyce
06-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Plan on taking this course too to finish my undergrad in the fall here. Hope its not too bad. From what Ive been told by other friends its one of the easier options out there

totalsweetness
06-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Jynx
Just a heads up: Cheating is very difficult if not impossible with hildebrand so if your one of those kinda guys dont take the class with him. I found out the hard way :banghead:

Thanks for the comment. Were his exams at least fair?

nodoubtt
06-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by totalsweetness

Thanks for the comment. Were his exams at least fair?

msommers
06-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Jynx

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

His exams are completely fair. If you do as I said before, you'll do perfectly fine. If you're completely retarded, you will manage a C.

asp integra
06-30-2008, 06:45 PM
i loved this class, putting forth minimal effort you can easily get a B if not an A