PDA

View Full Version : Impark!

creeper
10-06-2007, 03:24 PM
I already searched this topic, and am double checking to see if the information is still current:

I got a ticket from Impark on Friday for incorrectly displaying the ticket (it was face down on the dash). I had actually purchased a ticket for a full day, and it must have just been too early in the day and I left the ticket face down on the dash.

Anyways, they ticketed my car. I of course won't be paying anything to Impark, but I am wondering, I have to park in that same lot frequently, they can't tow me can they?

Also, I'm not going to get a bunch of phone calls in the middle of the night am I?

Can they access my personal information from my license plate?

I suppose I could just write a letter to them and include the ticket and say 'Look, I accidentaly left it face down, I always park there, loyal customer blah blah blah', but I don't want to write those douche's a letter.

Just hoping someone can verify what Impark can & can't do!

Supa Dexta
10-06-2007, 03:36 PM
which lots can they fit a tow truck into it? If you have a legit stub, mail it into them if your worried about it, or mail 2bux and tell them thats all they are getting, it's worked in the past...

brownskind
10-06-2007, 04:29 PM
i parked there everyda for a month without paying to see if they can actually do it and they towed my car and it cost me about $110 dollars to get the car out (incl the city ticket u have to pay).

they send you letters if u don't pay their tickets but i think they're just scare tactics as i heard the collections agency that sends them is owned or under impark. It hasn't affected my credit at all. I still have pefect credit infact i bought a house not too long after. I don't have a landline so i don't know if they call you but the letters are annoying.

If you call them i noticed the guy prying to get more information about me when i started to pay them.. i ended up getting a parkin pass at the TELUS building instead... dont bother with them.. they hustle you anyway...

cherpintow
10-06-2007, 04:38 PM
If you still have the ticket stub that you purchased just scan it and send them an email with a copy of that and a copy of the ticket you received and they will take the ticket off of your record. As for towing you, as long as you continue to purchase tickets when you park there and put them right-side up on your dash, they will not likely tow you. If you do it again, they will notice you have unpaid tickets and then decide whether they want to tow you or not. I have about 14 unpaid impark tickets and I've never been towed.

anarchy
10-06-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm pretty sure if you mail in your ticket stub to prove you paid you'll be fine. You can probably call them to make sure.

jdm_eg6
10-06-2007, 04:43 PM
ive heard you dont have to pay them, from a prettty close impark source... i have a FEWWW many impark stories haha. but if its not city of calgary dont worrie

oilerfan4lyfe
10-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Something similar happened to me...I had to fax them a copy of my credit card statement to prove that I actually purchased the ticket since I had thrown the ticket out (I didn't notice the parking ticket till 2 days after lol). After I sent them proof I bought the ticket they took it off so I'm sure you can do the same.

autosm
10-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Get a new lic plate for your car .

HHURICANE1
10-06-2007, 07:00 PM
1: It is a private lot and they have the right to have you towed for not paying the ticket.
2: No, they are not allowed by law to call you in the middle of the night to demand payment. However they can refer you to a collection agency to recover payment.
3: Yes, they can access your information through motor vehicles from your license plate since our wonderful government seems to think our private information is for sale to anyone who is willing to pay for that access.
The best suggestion I can give is to go to the Impark office and show them the stub and see what they will do for you. I would not mail it in because it will probably go "missing" and then you will be left without any proof of payment.

creeper
10-07-2007, 11:05 AM
They can feel free to call all they like, I only own a cell phone, and believe it or not, it's turned off during the night.

I'll just scan & e-mail the ticket stub, explain that I had set it upside down accidentally.

Too bad, I really wanted Impark to suck it!

jdmXSI
10-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Impark is bullshit! A good buddy of mine has somewhere around 60-70 unpaid impark tickets dating 4 or 5 years back. Never paid them, the only thing is he just cant park in impark anymore, lol.

Maddog55
10-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by cherpintow
If you still have the ticket stub that you purchased just scan it and send them an email with a copy of that and a copy of the ticket you received and they will take the ticket off of your record. As for towing you, as long as you continue to purchase tickets when you park there and put them right-side up on your dash, they will not likely tow you. If you do it again, they will notice you have unpaid tickets and then decide whether they want to tow you or not. I have about 14 unpaid impark tickets and I've never been towed.

what he said. Just send in the proof of payment. I had my ticket displayed properly and everything...but the guy must've been have asleep and couldn't see it and gave me a ticket. I phoned them and they send just send both in and it'll be voided.

Maddog55
10-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
1: It is a private lot and they have the right to have you towed for not paying the ticket.
2: No, they are not allowed by law to call you in the middle of the night to demand payment. However they can refer you to a collection agency to recover payment.
3: Yes, they can access your information through motor vehicles from your license plate since our wonderful government seems to think our private information is for sale to anyone who is willing to pay for that access.
The best suggestion I can give is to go to the Impark office and show them the stub and see what they will do for you. I would not mail it in because it will probably go "missing" and then you will be left without any proof of payment.

I'm pretty sure the city has NOT given them the authority for #3. I remember this went to court last year and it was vetoed. All the private parking companies were pissed off and ppl were afraid they'd be out in force writing even more tickets. Now that might have changed, but I'm pretty sure they cannot access personal information from your license plate no.

*Edit* Hmmm...looks like I'm wrong: http://www.impark.com/onlineservices/commondisputes.htm

I thought there was some issue with this last year. Anyways, that link has some good Q&A's on it