PDA

View Full Version : Fender Rolling

Ry_an_6
10-06-2007, 04:52 PM
PM Me if you have experience with fender rolling and your either willing to give tips, know a good place to have it done, or you can do it yourself.

low offset rims on the way for my 90' 240sx. Need to free up sum space.:)

thanks,

jdm_eg6
10-06-2007, 06:48 PM
rent a fender roller, or if u ask the boys and girls at TnT i know they have one and MAAAYBE just mayyybe they will help you out...

a good fender rolling job will roll it VERY nicely without damaging paint and keeping it skuff free, i got the rear right quarter done on my car new paint and metal, last thing i wanted was to wreck it so i did it right and was super happy.

seedman
10-16-2007, 10:10 PM
I decided to roll my own fenders when trying to fit a set of 335/30/18 on 12x18 wheels on the back of my car. It's very easy. You need a fender roller ($400), a heat gun ($20) and lots of patience (priceless).

Get the paint hot to the touch and gently move the roller from 1 side to the other, while constantly heating the paint in front of the roller. Once a pass has been made, tighter the roller up a bit and repeat. Keep going untill the desired roll is complete. Once the car is up on jacks with the tires off, it should take 1/2 hour at the most per wheel.

seedman
10-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Pic...