PDA

View Full Version : Some people....

2EFNFAST
10-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Couldn't believe what I saw today - I was driving through Shawnessy shopping centre (atleast that's what I call it - you know the area on Shawville Blvd. with Future Shop, Home Depot, Co-Op, that high school, public library, near the c-train station), stopped at a red light in bumper to bumper traffic.

Moron behind me in some deisel truck is hooting and hollering at me to rev up my Z06, and before I know it he's starting to do a burnout.

A burnout, behind me, stopped at a red light, in bumper-to-bumper traffic. WTF? :nut:

And here I thought people motioning that they wanted to race me on Macleod Trail at 5pm during rush hour was the height of stupidity I'd see on the road.:banghead:

Kona9
10-07-2007, 01:11 AM
An unfotunate part of living in Red Neck land!!

Good thing nothing happened!!

Graham_A_M
10-07-2007, 07:51 PM
I deal with people screaming at me all the time, asking me to wheelie my sportbike, it doesn't matter really, I dont see why "enthusiasts" bother you so much. I'm sure their just looking for a good time too. :dunno:

mark4091
10-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
An unfotunate part of living in Red Neck land!!

Good thing nothing happened!!

More like "Rich red neck land", everyone in calgary is driving around in brand new 60k+ trucks, down in the deep south is where you see the real reddys.

Hakkola
10-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
I deal with people screaming at me all the time, asking me to wheelie my sportbike, it doesn't matter really, I dont see why "enthusiasts" bother you so much. I'm sure their just looking for a good time too. :dunno:

:rolleyes: Dude, did you read the thread, the guy was doing a burnout BEHIND him.

Probably the same guy I saw on stephen ave during the summer just west of the Met, doing burnouts like an idiot with some nice cars parked all around. :thumbsdow

CivicTunr
10-07-2007, 08:50 PM
yah, ive noticed trucks are the worst, and they usually put out alot of black smoke.

7thgenvic
10-07-2007, 08:55 PM
HHHAAAA, fucking hillbillies

jaylo
10-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Love it when some moron sitting behind me at a red light and wants to exit to the right.

I moved forward as far as I can almost bumper to bumper with the car in front of me but he still could not squeeze through.

So what did he do? He obnoxiously honks his horn and rev's his car with a fart can.

I just laugh at him because he obviously looked like a moron and I had nowhere to go as I gave him as much room as he can.

Funny part is that the Red light only lasted 1 minute. He was frantic for that whole 1 minute he could not squeeze through.

TegLover
10-07-2007, 09:51 PM
rednecks and pickup trucks FTL:thumbsdow

403Gemini
10-07-2007, 10:35 PM
I was heading southbound on deerfoot today and a guy was on the far left lane in a new dodge ram, he almost missed his off ramp, thank god he cut accross 3 lanes of traffic going 100+ km/h and kicked up a fuck load of rocks which chipped my windshield (now its cracking)

... anybody know any good places to get windshields replaced :(

Destinova403
10-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
I was heading southbound on deerfoot today and a guy was on the far left lane in a new dodge ram, he almost missed his off ramp, thank god he cut accross 3 lanes of traffic going 100+ km/h and kicked up a fuck load of rocks which chipped my windshield (now its cracking)

... anybody know any good places to get windshields replaced :(

dude... dont replace before winter... wait till spring/summer when the rocks are off the road... lol.

but im a fan of apple autoglass... they have always done a good job for my dad and i.

on another note... yes it is annoying when you get a light with someone who wants to race you. its usually fun to make it look like you are gonig to race... then let them take off by themselves... they look like total fags.

Mitsu3000gt
10-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403

dude... dont replace before winter... wait till spring/summer when the rocks are off the road... lol.

but im a fan of apple autoglass... they have always done a good job for my dad and i.

on another note... yes it is annoying when you get a light with someone who wants to race you. its usually fun to make it look like you are gonig to race... then let them take off by themselves... they look like total fags.

haha that's what I do. People try to race me all the time.....except I don't race so they end up looking like a loser peeling off the line on a 50km/h road or something.

kerry
10-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Seriously it's an epidemic.

There's a shmuck that wanted to race me in his Mazda6. Doing little burnouts at lights, the infamous blipping throttle at like 5000 rpm in 1st in a hope I'll floor it.

When I finally got sick of this dude and just passed him, I got the ricer fly by.

You're not alone.

Jayson
10-08-2007, 12:40 AM
the other day i was sitting at a red light, and it was a left turn lane... (right on northmount drive turning left where the fas gas is, passed 14th street) ... then some moron comes up behind me in a cavalier, sits there for 10 secs and then starts honking at me and frantically waving his arms at me... so i roll down my window and point to the sign that says, "NO TURN ON RED" and yell, "NO TURN ON FUCKING RED MORON!!!" then his face turns bright red and he gives me the thumbs up... wtf? was so mad... if he honked at me once i'd just ignore him.. but he layed on his horn and was freaking out..

Antonito
10-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by CivicTunr
yah, ive noticed trucks are the worst, and they usually put out alot of black smoke.

A while ago at a red light I saw a big Dodge beside a car with it's window open. The car was trying to inch ahead, obviously itchy to blast ahead as his lane was ending after the intersection. The light turns and the truck just floors it, pulling ahead and pumping a jet stream of black smoke into the guys window, it seriously looked like someone was firing a fire extinguisher (but with black smoke) into the guys car.

I felt bad for the guy, but still.........:rofl:

Supa Dexta
10-08-2007, 07:50 AM
I've seen on 2 separate occasions now (in edmonton though), where a cop will be pulled over with someone or dealing with something, and a truck does a burnout on the way by and takes off..! hahah.. The 1st time I kind of expected the cop to chase him or something, but now that I've seen it 2x, the cop's don't even bother to even really look....

:dunno: