PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Season 10

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BerserkerCatSplat
10-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Top Gear is back today, [10X01] aired 43 minutes ago and the EZTV rip is out already!

In the first of a new series Jeremy, Richard and James drive three lightweight supercars across Europe in search of the best roads. Plus Jeremy finds out what happens when you put a Bentley engine into a VW Golf, and Dame Helen Mirren is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/928584

Trini
10-07-2007, 02:45 PM
nice:D

/////AMG
10-07-2007, 03:18 PM
It's about time too, such a massive delay!

pattyt
10-07-2007, 05:44 PM
i ve been waitin for this for so long...finally:D

Trini
10-07-2007, 05:49 PM
taking so long to d/l:banghead:

Hakkola
10-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Trini
taking so long to d/l:banghead:

:werd: 30% done, 7 hours remaining. :thumbsdow

Akagi Redsuns
10-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Downloading now.....should be good.

schocker
10-07-2007, 07:52 PM
I am just going to wait for someone from the vortex to upload it to their server, the torrent is painfully slow for me today.

Trini
10-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

:werd: 30% done, 7 hours remaining. :thumbsdow
when u wake up 2morrow it should be done:rofl:

35 more mins for me

Hakkola
10-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Nope, 10 mins for me now. :D

Billy2
10-07-2007, 08:19 PM
:thumbsup:

avow
10-07-2007, 08:27 PM
yea! it aobut time. the winter special thing was wicked.

sneek
10-07-2007, 08:32 PM
:( 50 mins...was it good?

Godfuader
10-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Which torrent sites are you guys using?

Hakkola
10-07-2007, 08:59 PM
:thumbsup: COOL.

Anybody know the name of the song during the part where they preview the season? I have it on a cd somewhere, but not sure which one.

Some of the preview stuff looked just AWESOME, (preview in this episode). Should be another great season.

Edit-
VVV Yes this episode is pretty good.

pattyt
10-07-2007, 09:13 PM
where are you guys getting the torrent from? ...mine is taking FOREVER!! :cry: :cry:

rmk
10-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Mine is taking long as well.... Tide yourself over with this:

Top Gear in Canada/North Pole!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OlmCzaj759Q

mark4091
10-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Is it a good ep?

INITIALD
10-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Nice, im gunna download it tomorrow :thumbsup:

schocker
10-08-2007, 02:35 AM
:thumbsup: COOL.
Anybody know the name of the song during the part where they preview the season? I have it on a cd somewhere, but not sure which one.

arcade fire- no cars go from neon bible

i just finished watching it as it took all night to get, and i was quite impressed, it was a good episode.

rmk
10-08-2007, 08:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ddelboyy

Youtube links. The new season looks epic.

l/l/rX
10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
+1 for good ep! :thumbsup:

Dj_Stylz
10-08-2007, 11:15 AM
+2 for awesome episode!:drool:

HyperZell
10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Killer episode! The film they showed was finished beautifully...now if only they would film in HD.

pattyt
10-08-2007, 04:01 PM
finally finished downloading ...

+3 for a fantastic episode!

l/l/rX
10-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by pattyt
finally finished downloading ...

+3 for a fantastic episode!

it took me like 45min to d/l that ep :nut:

pattyt
10-08-2007, 09:35 PM
yea theres something seriously wrong with my whole torrent setup and i cant figure it out :banghead:

icecreamvan
10-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Smashing episode! It was so brilliant that I watched it twice!

treg50
10-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Not my cup of tea, guv'na! :barf:.

30 mins garbage + 30 mins rubbish = 1 hour wasted (good thing fast-forward was invented)

Summary/ **spoiler**: The 'rubbish' portion was the biggest waste of time with a 911 GT3RS and a Gallardo Superleggera. They were not reviewed in the proper Top Gear way. They are not given a Stig fast lap. They are taken on a road-trip to find the best road in small patch of central europe. The trip is filled with Clarkson's usual Britain-is-superior cracks and the usual bickering between the 3 hosts. The Bugatti Golf is a one-off unfinished product, "a supermodel that looks like a jail warden", and yet it was given a Stig lap. Not that it really matters but it's slower than a CL65 and STi WR1 and faster than an R32. Oh and the highlight of the show is a 62 year old actress (Mirren) in a reasonably priced sedan.

Check out Fifth Gear if you have a chance, it's a good alternative:

Fifth Gear gave it's review of the 911 GT3RS three or four weeks ago --- that was more interesting. It ran the Gallardo vs the Ducati 999 was pretty cool too. Of course there was also the UK Civc Type R vs. the Japanese Civic Type R, great comparo. TT manual vs. TT DSG. Even the Mini Diesel vs. Mini Gasoline. Amongst other stuff.

Dj_Stylz
10-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Really Fifth gear? I watched it also and i enjoyed Top gear much more.

HyperZell
10-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by treg50

30 mins garbage + 30 mins rubbish = 1 hour wasted (good thing fast-forward was invented)

Summary/ **spoiler**: The 'rubbish' portion was the biggest waste of time with a 911 GT3RS and a Gallardo Superleggera. They were not reviewed in the proper Top Gear way. They are not given a Stig fast lap. They are taken on a road-trip to find the best road in small patch of central europe. The trip is filled with Clarkson's usual Britain-is-superior cracks and the usual bickering between the 3 hosts. The Bugatti Golf is a one-off unfinished product, "a supermodel that looks like a jail warden", and yet it was given a Stig lap. Not that it really matters but it's slower than a CL65 and STi WR1 and faster than an R32. Oh and the highlight of the show is a 62 year old actress (Mirren) in a reasonably priced sedan.

Fifth Gear gave it's review of the 911 GT3RS three or four weeks ago --- that was more interesting. It ran the Gallardo vs the Ducati 999 was pretty cool too. Of course there was also the UK Civc Type R vs. the Japanese Civic Type R, great comparo. TT manual vs. TT DSG. Even the Mini Diesel vs. Mini Gasoline. Amongst other stuff.

I think you're missing the point of Top Gear. The trip was amazing - the "usual bickering" between the hosts is a great highlight, and there are some truly funny parts in there (like when they were swearing at Jeremy for going to Italy). Top Gear is an motoring entertainment program, not a car show. You want comparisons, I guess Fifth Gear is the place. You want hilarity, coolness and mouth-dropping scenery, along with THE best chemistry between hosts on TV, watch Top Gear.

Xtrema
10-10-2007, 11:18 PM

I think you missed the point.

You want a proper car show with kinda smart ass comments, you watch 5th Gear.

You want entertainment and what the good old boys are going to piss off next in their cars, you watch Top Gear.

5th Gear is basically the OLD Top Gear until it was canceled due to low viewership.

Akagi Redsuns
10-11-2007, 10:38 AM

Other stuff like the Smart Monster car? A celebrity going to chauffeur school ? A quick review of cars in the parking lot without driving them? Some celebrity taking his bike license exam? Shaky camera in the cafe while 2 hosts converse trying to be witty? *YAWN!*

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed a lot of the Fifth Gear segments like the RS4 versus E46 M3, R8 versus 911 4S, Bugatti Verayon factory tour and others, but Fifth Gear can be far from enternaining and I do enjoy watching Top Gear more.

Thankfully both shows exist though and I can fast forward through the boring bits.

rmk
10-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Aside the the amazing cars, and brilliant filming of TG, the banter between the three of them is classic. I love Britain and Top Gear :love:

treg50
10-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
Other stuff like the Smart Monster car? A celebrity going to chauffeur school ? A quick review of cars in the parking lot without driving them? Some celebrity taking his bike license exam? Shaky camera in the cafe while 2 hosts converse trying to be witty? *YAWN!*

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed a lot of the Fifth Gear segments like the RS4 versus E46 M3, R8 versus 911 4S, Bugatti Verayon factory tour and others, but Fifth Gear can be far from enternaining and I do enjoy watching Top Gear more.

Thankfully both shows exist though and I can fast forward through the boring bits.
I used to like Top Gear, but then Clarkson got his late-life-crisis period and he got extra critical and naggy like an old woman. TG still has a few minutes worth watching don't get me wrong.

The talkshow interview with some british actor who then drives a fast lap in a Chevy Optra is a snoozefest. TG's main man Clarkson is a bitter, sarcastic, annoying, overdramatic, bitchy OLD man! lol

The two hosts in a cafe, lol. At least they're more natural and relaxed. The TG hosts try way to hard too get laughs. When they joked about the an STi pre-release, press-image I was like, "wow, they need a writer or some new hosts." It's a pre-release image, everyone knows that, it's not funny, it's just nothing. They're almost as lame as Leno, except Leno laughs at his own jokes.

Yay fast forward button :clap:

l/l/rX
10-11-2007, 11:58 AM
i watched 2 eps of fifth gear and wow...booooooooooooring shit :zzz:

top gear is a lot more entertaining and i like their show setup better. (the way they do the show)

Dave P
10-11-2007, 11:59 AM
5th gear sucks

they burned the top gear prop shed down

treg50
10-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
5th gear sucks

they burned the top gear prop shed down

hehehehh :D

blinkme_210
10-11-2007, 12:51 PM
I like watch both shows, for different reasons. Like everyone else in here, I watch Top Gear for the hilarity and chemistry between the hosts factor. I watch Fifth Gear for Jason & Tiff's awesome driving; Vicky's school girl squeal & enthusiasm annoys the hell outta me.

Long live Top Gear!

pattyt
10-11-2007, 02:18 PM
if u go to the topgear site you can watch some segments that were cut out of the news segment, pretty hilarious stuff... not gonna spoil it for anyone though.

Trini
10-11-2007, 02:30 PM
I think you're missing the point of Top Gear. The trip was amazing - the "usual bickering" between the hosts is a great highlight, and there are some truly funny parts in there (like when they were swearing at Jeremy for going to Italy). Top Gear is an motoring entertainment program, not a car show. You want comparisons, I guess Fifth Gear is the place. You want hilarity, coolness and mouth-dropping scenery, along with THE best chemistry between hosts on TV, watch Top Gear. [/B]

well said

teggypimp95
10-11-2007, 02:31 PM
I love Top Gear. Good episode. I tried to get into 5th gear while i was waiting for the new Top gear season, just couldent do it. SOOO boring. And Tiff seems to think that a car only has good handeling if he can bring it around a corner side ways.

In this one, they were not saying the porshe and the gallardo were rubbish, they were saying for instance that this new gallardo was 26,000 pounds more than the original one, and he dident notice much of a differnce. Not 26,000 pounds worth anyway. And richard found the same with with the porshe. The austin was just a decked out race car, not ment for a hot summer road trip lol.

Up coming episodes look awesome!

treg50
10-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
I love Top Gear. Good episode. I tried to get into 5th gear while i was waiting for the new Top gear season, just couldent do it. SOOO boring. And Tiff seems to think that a car only has good handeling if he can bring it around a corner side ways.

In this one, they were not saying the porshe and the gallardo were rubbish, they were saying for instance that this new gallardo was 26,000 pounds more than the original one, and he dident notice much of a differnce. Not 26,000 pounds worth anyway. And richard found the same with with the porshe. The austin was just a decked out race car, not ment for a hot summer road trip lol.

Up coming episodes look awesome!
Tiff and Jason are funny. I like that they compare speed, handling/track performance, and also the 'fun' aspect of power-sliding/drifting in case that interests you. 350Z vs Z4? That was pretty awesome. TG, interviewing Helen Mirren... NOT awesome, lol.

I thought the FourFun (Smart Car + Unimog) was pretty funny. Then again I liked it when Top Gear launched a rocket-powered Mini Cooper off a ski-jump, that was great.
:thumbsup:

Xtrema
10-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Stars in reasonably priced car is the weakest segment of TG because we don't follow celebrities in UK. But that's probably what rope in the female viewers there.

Hash_man
10-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Hmmm... thanks for the heads up people... totally missed this thread gotta download when I get home.

tawheed
10-12-2007, 10:29 AM
awesome episode.. LOVE top gear.. i hit some of those roads last year in europe on a motorcycle..

http://members.shaw.ca/tsadiq/trip/Picture%20289.jpg

Evro
10-12-2007, 10:43 AM
i agree with what most pepl are saying here, 5th gear is boring, tiff is not a particularly amusing host, love him or hate him clarkson is still a funny guy.

by the way ^^^^^^^^ where is that, the sanbernardino pass??

/////AMG
10-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I used to watch fifth gear but it gets so boring at times.
Top Gear is all entertainment even thought it's not 100% car test/reviews.

VWbloke
10-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Here's a link to a page with a 690MB avi of the episode. It downloaded for me in 10 minutes.

http://www.bcopping.com/topgear10/

tawheed
10-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Evro
i agree with what most pepl are saying here, 5th gear is boring, tiff is not a particularly amusing host, love him or hate him clarkson is still a funny guy.

by the way ^^^^^^^^ where is that, the sanbernardino pass??

yep - exactly :) we went up instead of down though

dino_martini
10-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Does the Torent program you use make a differance in the speed of the torent? I used Bit Torent for last weeks episode and it took almost 18 hours to 'download'. If I use a program other then Bit Torent will it speed up the torent?

Evro
10-13-2007, 11:06 AM
this is kindof off topic but i would love to hear some peoples other favorite episodes (i'm downloading as many as i can haha) - i loved the one where te race the SLR against the boat to Oslo

pattyt
10-13-2007, 12:04 PM
finalgear.com ...just go to shows and click on top gear and u can see what happens in every episode when u click over them.

HyperZell
10-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Evro
this is kindof off topic but i would love to hear some peoples other favorite episodes (i'm downloading as many as i can haha) - i loved the one where te race the SLR against the boat to Oslo

I think my favorite has to be the one where they take 3 supercars - the Ford GT, Pagani Zonda and Ferrari F430 - to the Millau bridge in France. 7x3, I believe.

Xtrema
10-13-2007, 01:07 PM
I haven't seen a Fifth Gear episode for a while so I d/l a few episodes for season 12.

God damn, what's with the shaky camera in a busy diner BS. I get a seizure watching it. It's annoying as heck. And Vicki looks like either on drug and out of chemo which doesn't help. Tiff is too old for this shit. Jason and that new kid are boring. Only guy I can stand is Tom.

l/l/rX
10-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by tawheed
awesome episode.. LOVE top gear.. i hit some of those roads last year in europe on a motorcycle..

http://members.shaw.ca/tsadiq/trip/Picture%20289.jpg

lucky bastard...damn does that road ever look fun.

what kind of bike were you on going through that?

tawheed
10-14-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

lucky bastard...damn does that road ever look fun.

what kind of bike were you on going through that?

I was on a Kawsaki Z750 and my buddy was on a FZ1

a few more pics

http://members.shaw.ca/tsadiq/trip/Picture%20077.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/tsadiq/trip/Picture%20115.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/tsadiq/trip/Picture%20136.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/tsadiq/trip/Picture%20285.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/tsadiq/trip/Picture%20311.jpg

and here's one that some might find interesting..

http://members.shaw.ca/tsadiq/trip/Picture%20563.jpg

wylderhoads
10-14-2007, 03:11 PM
When is episode 2?

dj_rice
10-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by wylderhoads
When is episode 2?

Now

http://www.mininova.org/tor/940529

wylderhoads
10-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Sweet!!!! Thanks

schocker
10-14-2007, 09:22 PM
i almost have 10.02, cant wait to watch it, but the download just slowed wayyy down from 300kbps to 20kbps, but i will watch it tonight no matter what

Hakkola
10-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Hopefully I have it by the time I'm done work tomorrow...

schocker
10-15-2007, 12:35 AM
just finished watching. pretty cool episode with the R8 against the 911S.:thumbsup:

nismodrifter
10-15-2007, 04:19 AM
Downloading sooooooo sloowwww :(

Go4Long
10-15-2007, 05:40 AM
I am getting it off that site that was posted earlier in this page, and it's downloading at 600 k/sec...20 minutes total time says internet explorer :p

nismodrifter
10-15-2007, 05:43 AM
ah damn, I totally forgot to visit that link, it's wayyyyyy faster! My torrent DL is almost done though.

mark4091
10-15-2007, 04:49 PM
90% done.....

dj_rice
10-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
ah damn, I totally forgot to visit that link, it's wayyyyyy faster! My torrent DL is almost done though.

Thats what happens when u dont listen to my advice

ercchry
10-15-2007, 07:05 PM
so no top gear next week? :cry:

pattyt
10-15-2007, 10:01 PM
noppeeee:( :( i got nothing to live for the rest of the work week now :thumbsdow

dj_rice
10-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
so no top gear next week? :cry:

Why?:confused:

schocker
10-16-2007, 08:25 PM
some drunk men are playing billiards

Xtrema
10-16-2007, 09:20 PM
I think that Jeremy's beef. They keep getting preempted by snooker.

michael_tseng_
10-16-2007, 09:26 PM
:thumbsup: for Top Gear
:thumbsup: for Jeremy Clarkson
:thumbsup: for Richard Hammond
:thumbsup: for James May

BerserkerCatSplat
10-21-2007, 11:25 AM
No Top Gear today, but just wait until next week! :D

Top Gear isn't on this Sunday, as we've kindly given up our time slot so you can watch the snooker. But don't fret - full service will resume next week.

Then you can see the battle of the budget busters as the mighty Bugatti Veyron races the Eurofighter. Jeremy also takes commuting to bold new heights as he drives the world's smallest car to the Top Gear office.

Plus, James will be climbing aboard the new Rolls-Royce and probably having a thoroughly nice time. And the new Ferrari will be getting a comprehensive thrashing on the test track.

Also in the studio, Jeremy chats to Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones and we take an exclusive look at the new million-euro Lamborghini Reventon.

rmk
10-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Next weeks episode sounds fantastic. :drool:

The Cosworth
10-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Stars in reasonably priced car is the weakest segment of TG because we don't follow celebrities in UK. But that's probably what rope in the female viewers there.

No way, the worst part is the cool wall... wtf is that?

LONG LIVE TG!

I want to get tickets when I go for an episode next spring

AllGoNoShow
10-21-2007, 12:29 PM
w000t, I'm stoked although a little behind :(

BerserkerCatSplat
10-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris

I want to get tickets when I go for an episode next spring

Last I heard, the waiting list was three years for studio tickets. :(

mark4091
10-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Any torrents of todays ep?

BerserkerCatSplat
10-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by mark4091
Any torrents of todays ep?

Highly unlikely, considering the episode doesn't air until 2:00! ;)

wylderhoads
10-28-2007, 12:52 PM
oh can't wait.... post up the link anyone when you get it

/////AMG
10-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Todays episode was wicked! Really funny too.

It airs at 8PM UK time, so give it a few more hours and the torrents should be up.

pepschnops
10-28-2007, 04:05 PM
hope this helps: http://www.mininova.org/tor/964398

l/l/rX
10-28-2007, 04:52 PM
is there somewhere, where we can stream it online? that torrent is sooo slooooow

rmk
10-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Any YouTube links yet?

wylderhoads
10-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by VWbloke
Here's a link to a page with a 690MB avi of the episode. It downloaded for me in 10 minutes.

http://www.bcopping.com/topgear10/

Download from that site... i'm getting 285kb/sec

ercchry
10-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by wylderhoads

Download from that site... i'm getting 285kb/sec

378 for me :bigpimp:

but vista is stupid and it just stops working every now and then since the file is so big

Hakkola
10-28-2007, 10:33 PM

378 for me :bigpimp:

but vista is stupid and it just stops working every now and then since the file is so big

478 for me. :burnout:

Edit- broke 500, the download rate keeps climbing, good site! Thanks.

schocker
10-28-2007, 10:37 PM

478 for me. :burnout:

Edit- broke 500, the download rate keeps climbing, good site! Thanks.
i was averaging about 560 so it only took like 20mins but i must finish my chemistry before i watch it.

ercchry
10-28-2007, 10:46 PM
ahhh it froze again this time at 79% with 6min left :banghead:

wylderhoads
10-28-2007, 10:52 PM
yeah i'm getting 390 now, just keeps climbing... wicked site

ZedMan
10-28-2007, 10:55 PM
damn, that beats the friggin' 12kB/s torrent any day. :thumbsup:

dino_martini
10-28-2007, 10:57 PM
how are you guys getting 500kb/sec ? I have yet to hit 100kb/sec.

l/l/rX
10-28-2007, 11:03 PM
shit...im d/ling from that mininova site...fricken slooooooooooow ass holy.

ill d/l from that other site for the next ep.

icecreamvan
10-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Another great episode!

CI_Josh
10-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Downloading all 3 ATM with the first 2 going at 350 kb/sec each and the 3rd episode bringing up the rear at 75-90 kb/sec. Should be done by the time I'm done the first 2.

Thanks for the links guys, and remember to SEED!

Hakkola
10-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Episode ROCKED. :thumbsup: That is quality television.

ercchry
10-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Episode ROCKED. :thumbsup: That is quality television.

haha i liked when he was driving threw the office building, cant wait till next weeks episode :thumbsup:

Hakkola
10-29-2007, 12:09 AM

haha i liked when he was driving threw the office building, cant wait till next weeks episode :thumbsup:

The background during the news broadcast had me on the floor. :rofl: