PDA

View Full Version : HID's Interfering with Satelite radio?

CelicaST-162
10-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Hey guys, I have a satellite radio in my car. I installed HID's in the car last week, everytime I turn the lights ON it get nothing but static, but if I place my hand behind the unit the music comes back. What can I do to remedy this condition? Thanks

misterrick
10-08-2007, 01:46 AM
move your antenna somewhere different?

infected
10-08-2007, 01:51 AM
It's interference. If you can't relocate your antenna then try moving your ballasts and igniters.

GTS Jeff
10-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Put a tinfoil hat over the ballast? Did you get noname HIDs that doesn't have the FCCblahblah certification?

CelicaST-162
10-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Put a tinfoil hat over the ballast? Did you get noname HIDs that doesn't have the FCCblahblah certification?

Xentec HID's, it is quite possible it does not have the FCC label...Will try the tin foil hat trick! Thanks

GTS Jeff
10-10-2007, 11:29 PM
The tinfoil hat was a joke! But I suppose it's worth a try :D

Infiniti98
10-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by infected
It's interference. If you can't relocate your antenna then try moving your ballasts and igniters.

:werd:

T-Dubbs
10-11-2007, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

Xentec HID's, it is quite possible it does not have the FCC label...Will try the tin foil hat trick! Thanks

:rofl: :rofl:

CelicaST-162
10-15-2007, 10:26 PM

Regardless if it was a joke or not I am going to explore every avenue before resorting to replacing the HID's with some non generic ones haha. :D

GTS Jeff
10-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

Regardless if it was a joke or not I am going to explore every avenue before resorting to replacing the HID's with some non generic ones haha. :D Heh while you're at it then, try lead foil. :D

jibber
10-15-2007, 11:47 PM
I had the same problem as you, after I installed a GT-HID kit, every time I turned on the lights, my radio was filled with static.

Of course I only found this out after I had completely re-assembled the front of the car...

... so I bought an iPod.

Sorry, I can't be much help.

Ihatetowait
10-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by JDMSupraTT
I had the same problem as you, after I installed a GT-HID kit, every time I turned on the lights, my radio was filled with static.

Of course I only found this out after I had completely re-assembled the front of the car...

... so I bought an iPod.

Sorry, I can't be much help.

Quitter.