PDA

View Full Version : 30 Days of Night

TE4MFaint
10-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Anyone else as anxious to see this movie as I am?!

Looks so damn intense. The piano in the trailer just reminds me of 28 days/weeks later so much, this film HAS to be a gooder.

Anyone know what book its originally based off of? I have found a couple different "30 days of night" books, but wouldnt mind finding the original ONE its based off of, so I can read it before the movie comes out.

Vampire movies for the WIN!

Official trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Q3PdT6GFQ

dj_rice
10-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Trailer looks pretty cool....:thumbsup:

avow
10-08-2007, 05:05 PM
i think it looks pretty good. will probably check it out

Dave P
10-08-2007, 05:43 PM
yep.

gonna be a good week.

this comes out i believe

and 28 weeks later on dvd

civic_stylez
10-08-2007, 09:27 PM
im all over this one for sure... when i saw the trailer i sent the link from apple trailers to a bunch of people....

SilverRex
10-10-2007, 08:14 AM
whats with the 28 days later, 28 weeks later and now 30 days of night. cant they come up with a better name?

then again, im kinda excited for this movie as well.

hope it will be a good one ;)

403Gemini
10-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex
whats with the 28 days later, 28 weeks later and now 30 days of night. cant they come up with a better name?

then again, im kinda excited for this movie as well.

hope it will be a good one ;)

they're different movies man ;)

28 days later + 28 weeks later are the same story

30 days of night is based in the arctic(or somewhere up north) where the sun goes away for 30 days and its vampires, not infected :thumbsup: so yeah... the title makes sense ;)

I cant wait to see this

SilverRex
10-10-2007, 09:23 AM
im so good I can guess what the next movie will be, 28 months later haha :D

follow by 28 years later and 28 decades later, how bout 28 seconds later or 28 hours later, man im good.

Just in case box office goes thru the roof,

im calling

28 beers later
28 kisses later
28 farts later
28 winks later
28 meals later
28 kills later
28 dreams later
28 screams later
28 prayers later
28 divorces later
28 births later
28 infections later
28 promotions later
28 layoffs later
28 jobs later
28 jokes later
28 orgasms later
28 paycheques later
28 poker games later
28 rides later
28 Tim horton coffees later
28 bets later
28 Flames victories later
28 throw ups later
28 swears later
28 accidents later
28 new cars later
28 breaths later
28 surgeries later
28 homicides later
28 frenchfries later
28 smokes later
28 hair cuts later
28 bankrupts later
28 flights later
28 stabbings later
28 stiches later
28 Your mama so ugly later
28 private messages later
28 gamma bursts later
28 experiments later
28 attempts later
28 scams later
28 my ass later
28 episodes of monk later
28 complains later
28 movies later
28 elections later
28 touchdowns later
28 goals later
28 laughs later
28 bites later
28 phone calls later
28 purchases later
28 girl friends later
28 magic shows later
28 arrests later
28 lotto wins later
28 show reruns later
28 showers later
28 massages later
28 nose picking later
28 suicides later
28 trips to the hospital later
28 fights later
28 clutch drop launches later
28 modifications later
28 inspections later
28 curses later
28 hookers later

Dam I gota snatched up all these domain quick :eek:

toyboy88
10-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Probably gonna see this one too....

But what I really can't wait for is Saw 4. :D

Splooge
10-12-2007, 08:49 AM
yeah 30 days of night looks pretty good. i hope it doesn't bomb though...i have a feeling it might but its based on a graphic novel so probably not.

vamp movies ftmfw

eb0i
10-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by TE4MFaint

...this film HAS to be a gooder.

Pure gold:thumbsup:

3g4u
10-12-2007, 09:29 AM
I dont know about this one, i think it looks kinda cheesey, but ill probably go see it cause there are really no other horror flicks out there to see.

treg50
10-12-2007, 09:39 AM
It's supposed to be original and based on some good graphic novel, but it uses 28 Days Later piano music, the red and black or red and white posters which is not a first but most recently done with the "28 ___ Later" thriller franchise. That lame tactic is enough to turn me off for it's first month.

They probably want people to go watch it thinking maybe it's as good as 28 Days Later.

Vampires + Snow sounds cool. Here's hoping this movie is good, but I'll wait a month or two.

LadyTurbo
10-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm stoked! :D

Eleanor
10-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Anyone else see this yet? I thought it was alright, didn't have too high of expectations for it but it was okay. Entertaining movie but dont expect to be scared shitless and don't expect any Oscar worthy performances but a good way to spend a Saturday night

InLoveWitRSX
10-21-2007, 12:47 PM
i saw it.... not that good couldve been better but meh not a rental or anything either just watching it once is enough

94SSEi
10-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah I couldn't get into it. The Vampires always just looked confused to me, like they didn't know what was going on...thus not all superior and scary.

QUINN
10-21-2007, 01:06 PM
that movie was intense though wow so violent and shocking violence at that chopping a guys head off with little to no look away from the camera that was nuts! the whole theater just went dead quiet for like two minutes no screams no disgusted sounds just silence and open mouths great movie to get blunted and waste 2 hours to!

Foreign2
10-21-2007, 02:10 PM
fuck ya! this movie was sweet, there was some shit i'd never seen before!

the chopping the head off part was jaw dropping, nobody said anything, just looked at eachother and said, holy fuck.

HyperZell
10-21-2007, 04:48 PM
I never watch horror movies, really, but a friend wanted to watch this one. Oddly enough, I was so unaffected by anything in the movie that it was weird. Like when people get axed, or beheaded, I was like "good, take that, stupid" while people around me were freaking out.

The part that actually affected me the most was the dogs getting killed =(

94SSEi
10-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah same thing happened for me too. I just couldn't care about the characters, so it just seemed like they were just getting what was coming to them. You wanna leave your safety and chase after your senile old man, fine, but be prepared for the consequences dumbass..

TE4MFaint
10-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Ugh.
I was extremely dissapointed with this movie.
There was a grand total of about 20 minutes worth actually watching.
I did more laughing throughout the movie than anything.

1) The ongoing love fest between Mr. And Mrs...WTF, you just CUT OFF AN 8 YEAR OLD GIRLS HEAD WITH AN AXE! WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS!?

2) The vampires looked confused..ALL the time, they stuttered, and could barely speak their own damn language..

3) The Opening scene was embarrasing with Josh and The Rock..horrible acting. And this continued throughout a lot of the movie

4) Dialouge was not up to par at all..

The only plus' for the movie were

1) The town raid. The camera angle was so bad ass when it was an upper view zooming down and moving straight through the street showing the mayhem, kudos to that.

2) The ending scene with the main fight. Didn't expect that coming. Was pretty cool.

Annd....well thats about it. Movie didnt really keep my attention, the action was too spread out, and there was hardly any action at all.

2/5 stars from me.

Underworld is still the best Vampire movies EVER.

Eleanor
10-21-2007, 07:58 PM

1) The town raid. The camera angle was so bad ass when it was an upper view zooming down and moving straight through the street showing the mayhem, kudos to that.

2) The ending scene with the main fight. Didn't expect that coming. Was pretty cool.

:werd: Agree with you for 3/3 here. To quote a dude sitting next to me in the theatre "HE JUST PUNCHED THROUGH HIS HEAD!!!" :rofl:

Darkane
10-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Sam Raimi rocks at horror movies, Check out Evil dead 1+2 and Army of Darkness, he started doing B movies with bruce campbell :)

403Gemini
10-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Ugh.
I was extremely dissapointed with this movie.
There was a grand total of about 20 minutes worth actually watching.
I did more laughing throughout the movie than anything.

1) The ongoing love fest between Mr. And Mrs...WTF, you just CUT OFF AN 8 YEAR OLD GIRLS HEAD WITH AN AXE! WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS!?

2) The vampires looked confused..ALL the time, they stuttered, and could barely speak their own damn language..

3) The Opening scene was embarrasing with Josh and The Rock..horrible acting. And this continued throughout a lot of the movie

4) Dialouge was not up to par at all..

Annd....well thats about it. Movie didnt really keep my attention, the action was too spread out, and there was hardly any action at all.

2/5 stars from me.

Watch Interview with a Vampire or Bram Stoker's Dracula, Underworld is hardly the best vampire movie ever. The 1st one was pretty good, but the second one... ugh what a sloppy shit fest.

Im not expecting a lot of lore or anything too in depth with this movie, just a good gore fest :thumbsup: sounds like I wont be disappointed

3g4u
10-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Ya this movie blowed imo. You cant substitue gore for plot. What a waste of money.

2jzgte
10-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Yeah the ending was a lil weird, should of ended the movie better and not copy the end of blade 2 haha.

gmoney82
10-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Not a typical vampire movie in the homo-erotic sense like in Interview, dracula, queen of the damned etc
... totally disappointed in this movie cos i though it would be different from the aforementioned movies. The vampires looked pretty scary at first, but eventually me and my buddies were making fun of their growls and teeth licking and gurgling sounds. The premise of the movie was pretty ingenious..too bad the plot and characters had no depth.

2/5 at best....

best/worse scene was when that crazy dude with the farm tractor thing started chopping up all the vampires and then drove it into a building - and then detonated TNT on himself and lived to be burnt alive!..... :banghead: