PDA

View Full Version : Civic Racer

soloracer
10-08-2007, 06:02 PM
I had to laugh and share this with you guys. I was over at Wally World in Shawnessy picking up some last minute items for turkey dinner and I head home via hwy #22x. I enter 22X the back way (past the Wendys) and merge into what used to be all construction. In front of me is a plain jane dark green Honda Civic with an exhaust that is plainly audible from inside my NSX. He must see me and tears off around the merge lane and up into traffic. I merge normally and accelerate to about 10 over and set the cruise. He eventually gets caught behind some slower cars and I catch up. He was in the right lane getting ready to turn off when I caught up beside him. He looks over and with the most serious face I could imagine he gives me a nod. I nod back smiling but you could tell he was all business. No doubt he'll be telling his buddies about how he smoked a supercharged NSX. If he hadn't looked so intense when I pulled up beside him I would have thought nothing of it. I wish I had a camera to take a snapshot. It was something right out of F&F - sort of the same full of attitude look that the lead character puts on his mug when challenging someone. I almost split a gut. Anyone else have an experience with a "racer" giving "the look" for a race that didn't happen? *lol*

WWJAI
10-08-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm pretty sure almost everyone has received a look from a ricer who has revved their engine at you while your at a stoplight. Nothing special here.

infected
10-08-2007, 06:25 PM
You were beat by a Civic?!?!

:rofl:
Happy Thanksgiving.

soloracer
10-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Yup....I guess so. Guess I'm going to have to learn how to shift out of second and use that big pedal on the right. *lol*

Destinova403
10-08-2007, 06:40 PM
lol its like when someone wants to race you... and then takes off at a light by themselves... but yeah... look on the bright side... you gave him a good day... and hes going to feel better about his $5000 CF wing.

soloracer
10-08-2007, 06:48 PM
The car was actually really plain - not a "ricer" in my opinion. Unless you consider black steel wheels to be a "ricer" mod. The exhaust was loud but the muffler didn't look as large as some of the ass cannons I've seen before. There were no wings, no body kit, no stickers, etc. Just plain green paint and black steel wheels.

mark4091
10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
remindes me of when I was learning stick, I would always rev my engine up a bit and release the clutch a little.

So anyways I was at a red light and I was second in line, and so was a guy in a 300z, so I'm not trying to be a racer or anything, I'm just reving my engine (mind you this is like my second time driving this car) so this hot shot thinks I'm trying to race him, so I look over at him thinking "oh shit this guy thinks I'm trying to race) and he gives me this serious business face. When the light turned green he shot forward into the back of a pickup.

88CRX
10-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Great thread... would read again.... A+++

TomcoPDR
10-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by mark4091
When the light turned green he shot forward into the back of a pickup.

hahaha, were you guys the second 2nd cars in line?

gpomp
10-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

mark4091
10-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

hahaha, were you guys the second 2nd cars in line?
yeah, he seemed to forget though, he got into ricer mode and it slipped his mind.

infected
10-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by mark4091

yeah, he seemed to forget though, he got into ricer mode and it slipped his mind.

Priceless. You didn't take a picture?

7thgenvic
10-08-2007, 11:44 PM
sorry guys. forgot to tell him that was me....your NSX was nothing against my retardly fast civdick....how did the smoke taste buddy :)

soloracer
10-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Retardly fast......well at least you are 1/2 right. Guess that explains "the look" :rofl:

Next time try doing it somewhere where it's legal or at least where there is no traffic. I don't proclaim my car to be the end all, be all but I do know when and where to play with it. :D

soloracer
10-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Used the old search button and guess what I found:

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
its that season again! I love all the retards that wanna race. i just kinda have a good point and laugh and do nothing.......Its just SOOO pointless in the city. why put myself or others in danger for no reason...

I know what you mean ....... :D

mark4091
10-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by infected

Priceless. You didn't take a picture?
hahah I wish I had.

topmade
10-09-2007, 09:56 PM
You sure it wasn't a purple civic? Cause I give the "nod" to every man, woman, and child I see. I'm always ready to race whether it is a bike, car, bus, motorhome, whatever, bring it on!! And if the kids are in the car, all I do I give them "the look" and they tighten up their baby seats and put on their shades cause daddy's gonna hit V-tec YO!!

GenerationX
10-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by topmade
You sure it wasn't a purple civic? Cause I give the "nod" to every man, woman, and child I see. I'm always ready to race whether it is a bike, car, bus, motorhome, whatever, bring it on!! And if the kids are in the car, all I do I give them "the look" and they tighten up their baby seats and put on their shades cause daddy's gonna hit V-tec YO!! :rofl: :rofl:

soloracer
10-09-2007, 10:11 PM
You sure it wasn't a purple civic? Cause I give the "nod" to every man, woman, and child I see. I'm always ready to race whether it is a bike, car, bus, motorhome, whatever, bring it on!! And if the kids are in the car, all I do I give them "the look" and they tighten up their baby seats and put on their shades cause daddy's gonna hit V-tec YO!!

Hmmmm...maybe it could have been you. You're going to have to post your best "represent sucka' " face and then I will know for sure. :D

gpomp
10-09-2007, 11:48 PM

Infiniti98
10-11-2007, 07:41 AM

Mr_ET
10-11-2007, 11:14 AM

wow found my new sig :)