PDA

View Full Version : Paint on a car

slink95
10-08-2007, 09:41 PM
I have a compact sedan I am interested in having painted. My main concern is the price and quality of the work. I have asked an experienced mechanic about a complete job, and one in which the inside of the car is not painted. He said there's not much reason to paint the inside, however he also explained that the colors wouldn't match if I changed colors, and that this may cause my car to lose value.

I have a maroon car now, and I'd like to change it to bright red. The car has depreciated as much as it can. Will the shade difference be an important point or will is only be something which I will notice.

The reason I want to cut this corner is because of the astronomical difference in price. I've never done this before though so I'm collecting information. I heard the price is $3200 with him on a outside only job, and $5000+ on an inside and out job.

Team_BMW
10-08-2007, 09:45 PM
When you say inside you mean like door trims etc???

And I'd say that $3200 is about right but they should do like trims and stuff for a couple hundred... cause $5000+ seems steep. You should try like Screamin Paintworks! I recommend them! They do awesome work, and gurantee they'll beat any price buy couple hundred.

Not only that but by changing colors depending on what color it won't bring the value of your vehicle down since you say your vehicle has depreciated most of it's value. The least it could do with a brand spanking new paint job is bring up the value of a car. People like a car with a flawless paintjob, and not rust. So it's a bonus when selling the car. You can say brand new paintjob! No rust! lol

Hope I helped somewhat... Goodluck!

P.S.: NEVER GO TO MACO!!!

slink95
10-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I looked at two diferent places, both of which I'd trust. The old guy wanted a lot, and the other place said about $3500 to $4000 for in and out. I like the old guy better though because he's friendlier and I'd rather him change the car from maroon to red without painting everything inside.

slink95
10-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I should probably wait and cough up a whole bunch of cash, and get the wheels changed, the paint to cream yellow. :s

that being said i wouldn't mind it bright red but im a little worried about skipping out on the insides. what do you guys think?