PDA

View Full Version : Jdm Itr

Wildcat
07-08-2003, 11:13 PM
spotted it on his/her driveway in a heavily constructed area in evergreen.. it looked to me like it was fresh off the boat! :D I just drove by it, looked genuine to me :dunno: even the tailights looked different (a bright red), couldnt tell if the steering wheel was on the opposite side or not.. maybe its someone on here or a friends perhaps :dunno:

nismodrifter
07-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Haven't seen that one around yet....but I do have two other evergreen area sightings, saw a rice looking civic all smashed up on the front end bein towed on a flatbed yesterday...anybody know what happened to this car??
I have also seen a new black SL500 (or might be an SL55) around evergreen lately.....guy was lowering his top while waiting in line at the stop sign :D can anybody confirm if its an AMG or not?

what color was the integra you saw???? championship white or something different?

Wildcat
07-08-2003, 11:26 PM
if "championship white" is the color type r's are then yes it is. Its in the new new area, you know between bridelwood and older evergreen, its not far from where that huge new church is.

it looked pretty genuine to me... but what do i know, i drive a camaro :dunno:

Super_Geo
07-08-2003, 11:28 PM
Is there a big difference between the local and JDM Integras?

Wildcat
07-08-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Is there a big difference between the local and JDM Integras?

the entire front end, different tailights too i think.. i thought everyone knew this? :dunno:

rice_eater
07-08-2003, 11:49 PM
the geo metro owners are a bit slow :D

Abom
07-09-2003, 01:00 AM
I HIGHLY doubt the steering wheel was the opposite side. The headlight pattern would blind oncomming drivers because of the opposite side of the road they drive on in Japan, hence why Skyline's and cars like that are very hard to import.

lammer
07-09-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Abom
I HIGHLY doubt the steering wheel was the opposite side. The headlight pattern would blind oncomming drivers because of the opposite side of the road they drive on in Japan, hence why Skyline's and cars like that are very hard to import.

Uhh..aren't cars ahrd to import because of crash saftey ratings??

szw
07-09-2003, 01:29 AM
There are a few RHD cars around town.

cocoabrova
07-09-2003, 01:30 AM
You can import any car into Canada......As long as it's 15y.o. or older:thumbsup:

Fuji
07-09-2003, 12:03 PM

ummm what are you talking about? Where did you hear this. This must be the asian guy with long hair at UofC talking. then we can't ahve JDM bulbs too right?:rofl:

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

ummm what are you talking about? Where did you hear this:rofl:

:werd: dude, you still drive on the proper side of the road if you have a RHD car.:thumbsup:

dunno where you came up with that:confused:

Abom
07-09-2003, 12:26 PM
The beam pattern of RHD cars directs the headlights to the left, the same as LHD cars direct the headlights to the right. The problem is, if the headlights are directed to the left, well, there's opposite traffic driving there here in Canada :thumbsup:

This is not to say you CAN'T import a RHD car, but this among many other things makes it difficult, as you have to change/modify this, as well as safety issues, so you won't see too many RHDs driving around. And if you were to improt a JDM ITR, why not just import a Skyline instead? :dunno:

Super_Geo
07-09-2003, 12:33 PM
And if you were to improt a JDM ITR, why not just import a Skyline instead? :dunno:

Maybe the tens of thousands of dollars difference in the price tag?

Abom
07-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Maybe the tens of thousands of dollars difference in the price tag?

But if you're going to go through ALL that trouble to get one of those cars over here, I'd much rather have something really unique :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
07-09-2003, 01:07 PM
AS mentioned in half a dozen other threads anythings possible when importing a car. If may very well have been RHD who knows

Wildcat
07-09-2003, 06:26 PM
i checked again today, the wheel is on the proper north-american side :thumbsup: , does that mean its not genuine anymore?

lammer
07-09-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
i checked again today, the wheel is on the proper north-american side :thumbsup: , does that mean its not genuine anymore?
then its just a integra with a JDM front end.

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

it means theres been a conversion done, like this one.

http://albertacars.net/gallery/030705_v8lessnights/imagepages/image25.php

it looked like that right?

lammer
07-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

it means theres been a conversion done, like this one.

http://albertacars.net/gallery/030705_v8lessnights/imagepages/image25.php

it looked like that right?

Wow thats a nice color.

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 06:35 PM
ya my new fav. color.

lammer
07-09-2003, 06:41 PM
looks like a dull light blue with a clear coat w/ purple metalic? haha.

Johnny@CustomAuto
07-10-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
You can import any car into Canada......As long as it's 15y.o. or older:thumbsup:

It couldn't have been real because you can't import anything made within the last 12 years.

88CRX
07-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Neeper

It couldn't have been real because you can't import anything made within the last 12 years.

wrong, you can import anything you want....... you just can't register or insure the thing..... and anything over 15 years can be registered :D

Johnny@CustomAuto
07-10-2003, 10:38 PM
That's kinda what I meant. What good is a car if you can't drive it? That's what I was thinking of. I thought it was 12 years.

Voodoo Child
07-11-2003, 08:43 AM
Hello boyz,

The JDM ITR in which you are reffering to is mine.
1999 CW ITR with a JDM conversion with 2 red Recarro SRD's and JDM tailight conversion too.

If you see me bombing around Evergreen give a wave.

Nate Dogg out.
:thumbsup:

Superesc
07-11-2003, 09:01 AM
I still haven't seen your car! I suggest we have an Integra meet soon :D

Hello boyz,

1999 CW ITR with a JDM conversion with 2 red Recarro SRD's and JDM tailight conversion too.

Nate Dogg out.

Voodoo Child
07-11-2003, 09:12 AM
I was hoping one day to get Al, Vince & myself out for a little JDM ITR meet but a Integra meet be just as good too.

Work your magic homie.:thumbsup:

legendboy
07-11-2003, 09:24 AM
The beam pattern of RHD cars directs the headlights to the left, the same as LHD cars direct the headlights to the right. The problem is, if the headlights are directed to the left, well, there's opposite traffic driving there here in Canada :thumbsup:

This is not true.

This is not to say you CAN'T import a RHD car, but this among many other things makes it difficult, as you have to change/modify this, as well as safety issues, so you won't see too many RHDs driving around. And if you were to improt a JDM ITR, why not just import a Skyline instead? :dunno:

You cannot modify a vehicle to comply with canadian standard.

It is perfectly legal to drive a RHD vehicle in canada.

Madspinner
07-11-2003, 10:45 AM
I might be getting a little off topic here ,but what is the difference between the JDM taillights and regular taillights.:dunno:

Voodoo Child
07-11-2003, 10:46 AM
I'll show ya....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p38d2035debcc255e4be4ac30673fa8b9/fc56da07.jpg

CRXguy
07-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by legendboy

This is not true.

Believe it or not, I think he's right. I'm pretty sure it's the same for all JDM cars. JDM RHD STi projector lights project lights opposite to our cars here, so it shines to the left more. I'd have to get Euro-spec STi lights to get the proper beam pattern, which shines to the right. :)

88CRX
07-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Neeper
That's kinda what I meant. What good is a car if you can't drive it? That's what I was thinking of. I thought it was 12 years.

to take it too the track :D

Wildcat
07-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo Child
Hello boyz,

Nate Dogg out.

Cool Cool, my buddy just moved in about 4-5 houses down so you'll probly see me around alot, the construction around ther is brutall... my front end keeps on dragging on the lopsided roads plus thers mud and shit everywhere; your probly extra careful by now eh? wouldnt want to muck up that clean jdm itr :thumbsup:

Madspinner
07-11-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo Child
I'll show ya....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p38d2035debcc255e4be4ac30673fa8b9/fc56da07.jpg

Hmmm ,so the only difference is pretty well the white clears on the end. Are those legal on the streets. If they are what are the prices for those.

Bowen
07-11-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

I have also seen a new black SL500 (or might be an SL55) around evergreen lately.....guy was lowering his top while waiting in line at the stop sign :D can anybody confirm if its an AMG or not?

Yes, it's a black SL55 AMG, the guy lives at the top of evergreen hill, the house that looks like a castle with the huge chandelier at the entrance.