PDA

View Full Version : Help! -Integra rear rubbing fenders

Krazie
10-09-2007, 08:59 AM
My integra is currently lowered with eibach sportlines backed by tokicko shocks with 17's wrapped in 40/205 n3000s. i was reading online and some guy had a similar problem with similar springs and what not and he said "previous owner lowered the car and tried to fix the negative camber by ti's technique of washers"...

does anyone know what that means or how to remove those washers, or does anyone else have any explanation why my car would be doing this.

-Thanks

Annoyingrob
10-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Sounds like he's shimming some part of the suspension to even out the camber. I don't know what the suspension setup is like on your car, but if it's a dual A-Arm setup, he probably shimmed the top arm where it mounts to the wheel hub.

I would suggest that you just get the fenders rolled instead of adding negative camber to adjust for it.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Get smaller wheels?

frozenrice
10-09-2007, 03:52 PM
The washer trick is the poor man's (or ghetto) way of adjusting negative rear camber on Integras. Since the upper control arms on Integras are not adjustable from the factory the trick is to shim the control arm by inserting a few washers between the frame and the control arm.

Here is an example :
http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/brakesus/4.html

gpomp
10-09-2007, 03:57 PM
adding washers would decrease negative camber, making the rubbing worse. i bet your wheels are the wrong offset.

Infiniti98
10-11-2007, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
adding washers would decrease negative camber, making the rubbing worse. i bet your wheels are the wrong offset.

you'd totally know for sure wouldn't you ;)