PDA

View Full Version : watch out on the roads today

asp integra
10-09-2007, 05:19 PM
i havent seen this many cops and photoradar on the roads in a very long time as i have today, so watch out and keep your speed down, they are nabing people all over the place, in driving just a bit so far i have seen atleast 5 photoradar traps (mostly radar guns) and cops driving all over the place and alot of ghost cars, so keep an eye out!

mekeni
10-09-2007, 05:26 PM
first order of business by the new police chief... nab more speeders.

TegLover
10-09-2007, 05:26 PM
yeah i saw a ghost car (charger) parked on the side of crowchild around 10:30-11 setting up.

black13
10-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Is this all of Calgary? In the NW I rarely see one but good to know anyway.

And are all ghost cars either charger's/Ford pickup/crowns or are there some other models too?

jcrules99
10-10-2007, 11:43 PM
I saw a whole lot of police cars today too, its not even end of the month!

euro_racer
10-10-2007, 11:49 PM
hmmm i noticed that too...thanks for looking out :thumbsup:

i saw the weirdest speeding camera van today...since when do they have decals on them? the one ive seen today had traffic lights on the decals and stop speeding or something like that too :dunno:

jav_
10-10-2007, 11:52 PM
i saw cops nabbing cars on whitehorn station earlier...lol

TegLover
10-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer

i saw the weirdest speeding camera van today...since when do they have decals on them? the one ive seen today had traffic lights on the decals and stop speeding or something like that too :dunno:

i've seen that before, you'd be surprised how many people still get nabbed by that thing...some people.:zzz:

Hakkola
10-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by black13

I saw a lot near u of c today and yesterday. Actually saw one yesterday at 7:20 AM hiding behind the bus stop southbound a block before Mcmahon(sp?) stadium. I've never noticed them out that early.

xenofire
10-11-2007, 12:17 AM
when im on my way to an from school (acad) i've noticed they like hanging around 14th ave north just before and after rush hour

euro_racer
10-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

I saw a lot near u of c today and yesterday. Actually saw one yesterday at 7:20 AM hiding behind the bus stop southbound a block before Mcmahon(sp?) stadium. I've never noticed them out that early.

is this when you exit off of crowchild onto university drive?
if so ive seen that same guy too, white undervocer chevy truck and he was parked a street over right where those houses are facing university dr and hiding right behind the bus stop, very sneeky :guns:

Infiniti98
10-11-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

i saw them there too!

anhthanh
10-11-2007, 12:36 PM
yea i saw alot today too up in coventry hills at 8 30 am and on deer foot heading norh seen a cop car park rite in teh ditch ready to nab some one,

E46..sTyLez
10-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by black13

And are all ghost cars either charger's/Ford pickup/crowns or are there some other models too?

I thought they were chevy pickups...like the colorado or whatever...and they have the mesh grill behind the backwindow to make it look like a work truck. Ive also seen intrepid ghosts

Destinova403
10-11-2007, 02:14 PM
got a ticket today... 15 over in a 60 zone... GAY...

cityhunter2501
10-11-2007, 02:25 PM
i saw 2 cops by nortel and autodreams in mcknight this morning.

think they were just looking for trucks though

Loud-N-Clear
10-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by anhthanh
yea i saw alot today too up in coventry hills at 8 30 am and on deer foot heading norh seen a cop car park rite in teh ditch ready to nab some one,

The other day I saw a black, late 90s Malibu that had someone pulled over on the side of 14th. Never seen that one before.

vietdood
10-11-2007, 02:35 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE
-----------------------------------------------------------------

In response to community needs identified through statistical
analysis and citizen concerns, photo radar will be deployed
in the Burns Industrial Park on Glenmore Trail S.E., in the
1600 Block of Deerfoot Trail N.E. and in the community of
Greenview, between October 1 and October 31, 2007.

Photo radar will also be targeting high speed, high volume
roadways and constructions zones within the City of Calgary.
Concentrated enforcement will continue to address
construction and speed zones along Glenmore Trail and
Memorial Drive.

Photo radar will be actively deployed in school and
playground zones, as well as areas known to be frequented by
street racers within the city of Calgary.

The Red Light Camera Program consists of 44 intersections
monitored by 36 cameras throughout Calgary. This month the
red light cameras will be focusing on offences in communities
in the Southwest and the Northwest.

Police ask drivers to slow down on our roadways and be safe.

DayGlow
10-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer

I believe that van services the red light cameras

sputnik
10-11-2007, 03:27 PM
The cops have been sitting on 22X near 52nd St SE quite a bit lately.

On my way back from Spokane they pulled over some ricer in a green Cavalier that only minutes before decided to fly-by a bunch of us while going 120+

It was pretty funny to see his ass pulled over.

euro_racer
10-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

I believe that van services the red light cameras

there was no intersection in sight tough :dunno:

SilverBoost
10-11-2007, 04:37 PM
The van with the decals contains photo radar. I've passed it a few times, but in weird places like near the cop shop up by Aero dr. and such.

As for speeding in general, I wouldn't even care so much about crackdowns on it if that was Calgary's biggest traffic problem, but I think we all know it's not.

Just seems like it's the easiest thing to focus on since being an uneducated, etiquette lacking moron isn't as easy to charge people for or prove in court.