PDA

View Full Version : Cheap ass friends

blinkme_210
10-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Everyone knows a cheap ass friend, that friend who always asks you to cover them, or that friend who never pays you back. How about both?

Randomly outta nowhere this rant pops into my head today when I'm going over a portfolio with the client. I was recalling a moment I had a few weeks back with my friend when I tried to ask for my $100 back. She then has the fucking audacity to say to my face "What $100?? I've paid everything back to you", AFTER she asks me for ANOTHER $10!!!

Fuck, some people are soo cheap, but to deny a large sum of money is downright homo. :thumbsdow

End of rant. Discuss.

Russo
10-09-2007, 11:55 PM
ya man i know what u mean... i dont mind paying at pubs and shit but some ppl never remmember that! and you end up paying over and over

MaLwa
10-10-2007, 12:01 AM
yeh ive had to cut of coupla a mooches in my day ......

xenofire
10-10-2007, 12:02 AM
ive never been one to carry much cash around so when it comes down to paying up at the end of the night i usually just throw it on plastic or debit. more times than naught there is some one in the group that skimps on the bill. or figures they dont need to chip in for a decent tip

spike98
10-10-2007, 12:02 AM
I have a very select few group of friends that i would spend anythig on. I know that they will turn the favor if i am ever in need. But everyone else can suck balls.

On a sub rant somewhat related i hate bitches at the bars that dont go to the club with money just because they know some poor sap will buy them drinks all night.

I HATE THAT! I have never baught a ho the first drink and never will.

street
10-10-2007, 12:05 AM
yup i have the same thing ill ask my friend for my 80 bucks and he keeps on saying that he doesnt have any money.....fuck he just bought a new ipod
and its fuckin pissin me off when they are cheap

infected
10-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Never lend money to friends. It's as simple as that.

achtung
10-10-2007, 12:08 AM
money ruins friendship.

my advise is to not involve muns with friends. no expections. and don't lend your vehicles out either!

Russo
10-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by street
yup i have the same thing ill ask my friend for my 80 bucks and he keeps on saying that he doesnt have any money.....fuck he just bought a new ipod
and its fuckin pissin me off when they are cheap
fuk! its not even about $80 bux eh!? its just a point that he/she know wtf is goin on but ignor it!

blinkme_210
10-10-2007, 12:13 AM
My beef is that my friend has money, she has loads of it, just a total cheap bitch who won't even reply text messages because she doesn't have a text message plan. Haha, I should mention this is one of my best friends for the longest time, love her to death in every other aspect but this.

Russo
10-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by blinkme_210
My beef is that my friend has money, she has loads of it, just a total cheap bitch who won't even reply text messages because she doesn't have a text message plan. Haha, I should mention this is one of my best friends for the longest time, love her to death in every other aspect but this.
you know what, little things make a difference, and $ now a days make one... if u are a student or whatever 100 bux its 2 tanks of gas in my car = to about 2 weeks of driving!

blinkme_210
10-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Haha... nope... far from being a student ;) It's about principle and paying back people what you rightly owe.

TegLover
10-10-2007, 12:19 AM
bitches are the worse so NEVER EVER lend them money, if you lend them money then you basically gave it to them. With my friends i don't mind lending anything under$10 or $20 but thats IT! i've been in you situation and from experience the bitches will never pay you back, ask how i know, its been around $500 down the fucking drain.:thumbsdow

Best advice i can give to anyone of you is if you really have to lend someone money get a collateral worth > the value of the $. If they can't come up with a collateral in that criteria then too fucking bad, go elsewhere.

turbotrip
10-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by achtung
money ruins friendship.

my advise is to not involve muns with friends. no expections. and don't lend your vehicles out either!

indeed, some people think that since you usually carry cash you're their personal ATM, I've now gotten to the point where I just wont lend friends money anymore unless they need it for something serious

WWJAI
10-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by infected
Never lend money to friends. It's as simple as that.

:werd:

Just watch Judge Judy and you'll know. Lending money to friends ruins friendships.

GTS Jeff
10-10-2007, 01:22 AM
I think it's a good way to learn about someone when you don't know them that well. Like if you spot someone 20 bucks when you've only known them a couple months or something, if they pay you back promptly, you can trust that person a little more. If they don't, well then it was worth the $20 to learn about them early on so you can distance yourself from them.

I'm not saying I go out of my way to "test" people, but I can't help but notice these things when I do spot people...

slick2404
10-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
...they don't, well then it was worth the $20 to learn about them early on so you can distance yourself from them

Exactly what i tend to you. shows you what people are really like.

The worst are people that won't give you the $50 back, but will try and pay for little things here and there that'll sum up for $20max and then call the debt even...its not like your gona tally each and everything up so you learn from it call it quits haha.

brucebanner
10-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip

indeed, some people think that since you usually carry cash you're their personal ATM, I've now gotten to the point where I just wont lend friends money anymore unless they need it for something serious

I have helped out a so called friend in a serious situation (I couldnt see a "friend" be out on the streets) , and lets just say that I really learned what kind of friend he is. Keeps giving me the run around and what not, but his day is coming.

I think that 6 bills is a little much to let slide...

Oh and before someone pipes up and says I should have known better (I might agree) this particular person was injured and stuck for cash at the time.

:thumbsdow for him and many others it seems

TomcoPDR
10-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by TegLover
bitches are the worse so NEVER EVER lend them money, if you lend them money then you basically gave it to them. With my friends i don't mind lending anything under$10 or $20 but thats IT! i've been in you situation and from experience the bitches will never pay you back, ask how i know, its been around $500 down the fucking drain.:thumbsdow

Best advice i can give to anyone of you is if you really have to lend someone money get a collateral worth > the value of the $. If they can't come up with a collateral in that criteria then too fucking bad, go elsewhere.

So glad OP made this thread, so in the mood to discuss.

+1 for Teglover bring "bitches" into the picture. Couple years ago when I was more of a sucker than I am now, this girl I was banging needed $300 for her rent and begged me to LOAN her $$$; this wasn't a gf or anything; within the next few weeks her # got disconnected.

And then tonight, this friend-girl I've known for 4 years whom (didn't had a bf till all this time), I've been paying for her everything everytime we hang out. So I come home (from working out of town) for the long weekend for a few days, she can't even spare 1 fuckin' day to chill, then finally confesses that she has a bf (new sugar daddy) and that she thinks her bf wouldn't like it if we hung out. WTF??? Have a nice fuckin' life hoe-ass "friend".

Back to discussing OP, in my past experience, the female species only befriends strange man they're not fucking (or fucking if they couldn't avoid the situation), only to extract $$$$$$.

And comment relating to OP regarding money, YOUR hard earned cash is just that, you earned it, so take care of yourself and screw everyone else. I'm sorry, the world is cruel. Reality is that no everybody makes the same amount of money, not everybody's parents are rich/poor, etc... So money should be nobody else's business but your own, if someone doesn't wanna be friends/relationship with you because of money.... agrrrrr

I have never had problems lending $$$ to guy friends, either they pay it back or get their ass kicked, or a collateral valued property of theirs gets taken or destroyed. Guy friends just don't string you along making you think you're gotta get ur dick sucked if you kept paying their way.

So keep your money to yourself, pimp hand strong.

msommers
10-10-2007, 01:40 AM
Cheap friends in general piss me off. I've gotten to the point where I won't go out to eat at a sit-down restaurant with that person because they either a) won't tip enough or at all and/or b) "Omg I forgot my wallet!". Get fucked and stop leeching me.

Two other friends I've known my whole life are good with money and I to them. Someone goes to the store to pick up snacks, someone else grabs it next time. Then again, none of us has lent large sums of cash to each other, maybe that's the upside to it.

Gotta be my biggest pet peeve, right up there with dealing with ignorant asshats. God just gets me worked up thinking about it!

EDIT: Just saw this after I posted.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
And then tonight, this friend-girl I've known for 4 years whom (didn't had a bf till all this time), I've been paying for her everything everytime we hang out.

Here is the problem. You're probably a genuinely nice person and might "feel" obligated or be proper to pay. Maybe you're just trying to be a nice guy. Personally I've been in the same situation. I've finally realized after talking to a friend I've known for a good long time that she is in fact a gold digging bitch, and only wants to go out and do stuff because I'm picking up the tab. Finally I confronted her about it being as subtle as I could:

Me: "Hey wanna go out for lunch today?"
Her: "Ya I'd love to, I've haven't seen you all week!"
Me: "Hey I'm a little short because of <insert BS excuse>, can you get this one?"
Her: "Yeah of course, you always pay I'm sure it's my turn"
Me: "Cool just gimme a call"

Never calls for the rest of the week. I phoned her and asked what's up, she' "forgot". Get fucked, last time I talked to her.

My new rule, pay for first date, next one see if she offers to pay or just looks at you when the bill comes. I've lost some "friends" because of it but I've saved heaps and have come to realize my actual friends.

max_boost
10-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Never lend money to friends. It's as simple as that. :werd: :werd: :werd:

TomcoPDR
10-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by msommers
EDIT: Just saw this after I posted.

Here is the problem. You're probably a genuinely nice person and might &quot;feel&quot; obligated or be proper to pay. Maybe you're just trying to be a nice guy. Personally I've been in the same situation. I've finally realized after talking to a friend I've known for a good long time that she is in fact a gold digging bitch, and only wants to go out and do stuff because I'm picking up the tab. Finally I confronted her about it being as subtle as I could:

Me: &quot;Hey wanna go out for lunch today?&quot;
Her: &quot;Ya I'd love to, I've haven't seen you all week!&quot;
Me: &quot;Hey I'm a little short because of &lt;insert BS excuse&gt;, can you get this one?&quot;
Her: &quot;Yeah of course, you always pay I'm sure it's my turn&quot;
Me: &quot;Cool just gimme a call&quot;

Never calls for the rest of the week. I phoned her and asked what's up, she' &quot;forgot&quot;. Get fucked, last time I talked to her.

My new rule, pay for first date, next one see if she offers to pay or just looks at you when the bill comes. I've lost some &quot;friends&quot; because of it but I've saved heaps and have come to realize my actual friends.

No, just tryin' to get laid... jk, honestly, I THOUGHT she was an honest "chill out" friend or what not. I'm just not a mean person at heart, that's my problem. I've done work for people (which means not charging them money) in exchange for the "future" return that they'll do work or exchange products with me; 8/10 I'm out. :banghead: Well, yes, I'm outta town a lot, but when I'm in town I spend the time with THEM but hardly vice-versa.

Seriously though, I think there's a difference between sexes with borrowing ppl's money. Unless she's givin' u head, tell her to get a real job instead.

fcuk_it
10-10-2007, 02:10 AM
its like they don't forget to ask you to borrow money but when you ask for it back they somehow forget that they owed you any money... or the friends that come out to the club with you and ask you to pitch in for drinks then the bill comes and they are nowhere to be found... or when you order a few shots and that one friend calls a bunch of silly ass ho's to come drink "his" shots... fuck that pisses me off... i call those guys "aligators" because their arms are too short to reach in their pockets...

ex1z7
10-10-2007, 05:16 AM
I lend good friends money, or help other people out the occasional time, but when people spring shit on me it's like dude.. fuck off.. Like the other day when I went to get Halo3 after the midnight release and a buddy from work and I went through mcdicks drivethrough - we both order, when we get to the counter, he's like "oh.. I only have plastic.. do you mind?" it's like wtf? I owe you money for driving me 6 blocks.. what the fuck?

I hate needing cash, so when friends offer to pitch, I decline at first - but if they push, I'll fold.. But I get my friends back equally.. even if it isn't equal, it's to eachothers standards of equal at least..

copynpaste
10-10-2007, 05:20 AM
Never lend money to friends. It's as simple as that. :werd:

And on top, these arent true friends if they dont pay you back. If it continues, ditch em and find new friends.

Antonito
10-10-2007, 07:51 AM
I hate cheap people. I flat out refuse to pay for more than one thing in a row. If I went out and got beer last time, either the person is getting beer this time, or we just ain't drinking. And most likely I'll call it an early night, and go off and get my own stuff and hang out with real friends.

Then of course there are the people who go out for dinner, get a starter, 3 drinks, a steak, and dessert, while I have a burger and a coke, the bill comes, and suddenly it's a 50/50 split. And then they short on the tip because there was too much pepper on the steak or whatever BS excuse they can think of to save $10. That's an easy one to fix, just get seperate bills. It's still embarrasing to watch them give no tip, but screw it, I tipped properly.

The worst is of course lending actual money. I watched my old man lose thousands of dollars to guys he used to work with that would always have a sob story, whether it was $100 a week for whatever BS they can think of (one guys wife must've been one toothless bitch, since she had to get a tooth pulled 30 or 40 times), or big loans, like "I need $5000 or they're going to break my legs". None of it has ever been paid back of course. It's still a point of contention in my family as there were a lot of times we went without things we easily should have been able to afford just so some guys could sucker my old man for drug money.

Anyways, I thought I had learned from all this. Sadly no. Friend calls me up, he needs $1000, he just can't make ends meet because he just bought a place and has a new kid. Fine. A year goes by, and he worked off some of it, and bounced a couple checks to me. I finally got my money, but Christ, what a nightmare. It's sad, now that we're all square he thinks we can be friends again, but fuck that. I can understand that he didn't have the money, but don't dick me around for a year, not calling and bouncing checks.

topmade
10-10-2007, 07:55 AM
This thread is awesome. I hate cheap people period. I don't mind spotting a few $$'s here and there, but I will test their loyalty the next chance I get and my decision is made from there whether or not to spot this person again.

But here is my story of a cheap bastard friend.
I used to help this guy out with his part-time job cleaning parking lots back in our high school days, this usually took us a few hours and my sister was the one who drove us there because neither of us had cars at that time. I and my sister never asked for money, it was just helping out a buddy. Me and him would usually go grab something to eat afterwards and although he never treated, he would pay a bit more then me cause I guess that's the right thing to do after all because I just made half his wages?? I was working at that time as well and was making a few more $$'s then him. We were like best buds and one time he said he wanted to buy this one thing that's about $300 and I said I would lend him some money to help him out. So eventually he saves enough money to buy this item himself. He pays for it then on the way home he asks me for the money saying I promised to buy this for him. I was pretty choked and said I only said I would lend it to you, not pay for the damed thing for free. And he had the nerve to argue with me to try to get this money. Whatever I guess, we were friends so I blamed misscommunication on that one.

Another story from the same cheap bastard to seal the deal.

One day, HE calls me out to go shopping so me being Mr. lazy calls my sister to drive us to the mall (he knew I would do this, it was in his master plan). We get to the mall, my sister comes with us, we walk around he looks at some jeans and decides to get a pair that costed $80. Me and my sister are just waiting for him to pay when he comes to my sis and asks her to spot him some money?? Ok, well how much are you short.... $60....!! WTF, anyway my sis spotted him the money and we didn't say much and went home. We slowly grew apart after this and I never talked to the guy again unless we bumped into each other in the mall, and it's only a "hey how's it going...fine... cya later". And oh yeah he never did give back the $60.

Euro838
10-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Also a good idea to keep a spreadsheet on who owes you what and what for. Don't want to forget. It's easier if it's in writing. If it's not important enough to write down, then maybe you shouldn't bother with the debt. I wouldn't try and suggest to change their behaviour, you can only learn from the past and be more pro-active with your money lending. GTS Jeff has it right with lending someone no more than $20. If they pay you back WITHOUT you asking them, then they're good. If they don't, then $20 probably won't change your lifestyle any.

As for the bitches, all I can say is that we're all weak!!! :drool:

street
10-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Russo

fuk! its not even about $80 bux eh!? its just a point that he/she know wtf is goin on but ignor it!

i know and thats the thing that pisses me off
he knows that he has to pay me but plays me like im fuckin stupid

street
10-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by topmade
I don't mind spotting a few $$'s here and there, but I will test their loyalty the next chance I get and my decision is made from there whether or not to spot this person again.
i know i will never give ppl money again cause ill never get it back

Lagerstatten.ca
10-10-2007, 08:22 AM
I don't call them cheap anymore...I just call those people "Money Savvy"...sounds better when you're talking about them when they're around, hehe :)

SunniSunShine
10-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Everyone knows a cheap ass friend, that friend who always asks you to cover them, or that friend who never pays you back. How about both?

Randomly outta nowhere this rant pops into my head today when I'm going over a portfolio with the client. I was recalling a moment I had a few weeks back with my friend when I tried to ask for my $100 back. She then has the fucking audacity to say to my face &quot;What $100?? I've paid everything back to you&quot;, AFTER she asks me for ANOTHER $10!!!

Fuck, some people are soo cheap, but to deny a large sum of money is downright homo. :thumbsdow

End of rant. Discuss.

she probably thought the BJ she gave you paid for the $100 and then some :drool:

Lex350
10-10-2007, 08:38 AM
I have a buddy who is 43 and has never paid for lunch once in his life.....and the guy makes a 6 figure income. That's just the way some people are wired. You can either get pissed about it or accept who they are.

msommers
10-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by rotten42
I have a buddy who is 43 and has never paid for lunch once in his life.....and the guy makes a 6 figure income. That's just the way some people are wired. You can either get pissed about it or accept who they are.

No one needs to accept a cheap friend, and no one should have to put up with it. They're bullshit as it is, let alone coming to terms with their crap.

joyridder
10-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Who doesn't hate "cheap" friends? I have never lent out more than 20-40 at a time to friends. But family is another story. I have lent my sister who is a single parent $700 once, it took her 5 months to pay me back. I have personally never been ripped of before, but have had situations where I have felt cheated. For example ROOMMATES and BILLS!!! You know where you pay them your share of the rent and bills only to discover that your cable is shut off, notices for disconnection come in the mail etc. I have also opened my house up to "needy" friends with no place to stay, supplied my food, taken chqs as payment, having them bounce on me etc....
In the end its all about Karma

dharminder
10-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Thank you to the op for creating this thread. I think one thing that really gets to me is that, how quick a cheap ass person forgets how much you have done for them, but that one chance they get they will make sure you never forget. "Well don’t you remember I bought you a drink Saturday night at xyz club, you owe me now

Lex350
10-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by msommers

No one needs to accept a cheap friend, and no one should have to put up with it. They're bullshit as it is, let alone coming to terms with their crap.

the guy may be cheap but there is more to people than that. I would never right someone off because of one character fault.

Jlude
10-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by spike98
I have a very select few group of friends that i would spend anythig on. I know that they will turn the favor if i am ever in need. But everyone else can suck balls.

On a sub rant somewhat related i hate bitches at the bars that dont go to the club with money just because they know some poor sap will buy them drinks all night.

I HATE THAT! I have never baught a ho the first drink and never will.

Amen to that!

codetrap
10-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I guess I'm pretty lucky in this, as I never lend out cash to anyone. Anytime I've ever given out cash, it's given, no expectation of ever getting it back. I know realistically the guy that's taking the cash is usually in a situation where he's never going to be paying me back, or he wouldn't be taking it in the first place.

With women, well.. what do you expect. When you're dating.. they're holes in the carpet in which to pour money.. hopefully, you get some return on investment... more often than not.. they don't. Par for the course..

One time that really drove me nuts is gas money. A buddy of mine invited me to go boarding one weekend. He offered to drive, I was "sure, if you want to". I've driven tons of times, so I figured it was cool to finally get to really see the sights.. We pull into Canmore for some quick brekky and he decides to stop for gas. Then he asks me for gas money. I was like.. uh.. wtf.... don't have any cash on me, sorry, was using plastic for the trip.

Now, normally, if given notice in advance, I have no problem with this. I woulda had some cash on me. But, given that I have NEVER EVER asked anyone for gas money on any trip that I was going anyways, and I had lent him my wifes sunshine card to get him a discount, and I lent him snowboarding gear... pants, gloves.. goggles...

It's not like we're both fresh out of school either.. we're both doing quite well, so there was really no reason for it... other than being cheap.

Jlude
10-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by codetrap

With women, well.. what do you expect. When you're dating.. they're holes in the carpet in which to pour money.. hopefully, you get some return on investment... more often than not.. they don't. Par for the course..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Better be gettin' a return on your investment!

codetrap
10-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Jlude

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Better be gettin' a return on your investment!

I did! Now I'm a happily married soon to be father. :D

msommers
10-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by rotten42

the guy may be cheap but there is more to people than that. I would never right someone off because of one character fault.

I would agree, one fault is hardly enough to "write someone off." But from my experience being cheap, in regards with your friends such as discusses so far, is usually a consequence from a bigger problem(s).

JordanEG6
10-10-2007, 10:06 AM
cheap friends AND family are annoiying hahaha. it sucks when they ask to borrow shit and then dont pay you back..but to straight up leech and ask andTAKE shit from you...that REALLY sucks. I just come up with an excuse and say no.

never lend money OR your possessions out, including your car. too many times i dont get it back, and if it DOES comeback something is usually broken, missing or damaged. :guns:

PINOY-X
10-10-2007, 10:11 AM
wow .... you guys have shitty friends ... or cheap friends i guess .... as for me i only to certian people .... but it rarely happens...

rmk
10-10-2007, 10:17 AM
When I have to ask a second time for my money BACK, that is usually the last contact I ever have with that person. Failing to properly pay someone back says alot about that individual. Life is too short for flakes and karma always has a way of paying them back.

SilverRex
10-10-2007, 10:20 AM
The old saying goes

only lend knowing you will most likely not get anything back otherwise dont lend at all. simple as that.

:thumbsup:

besides its human nature to forget things and people get all defensive and tense when asked for something "they think" they did not do or done.

So asking for money back is like putting your friend on the spot light and exploring ones weakness. It does ruin frienships.

So stop using the term lend and start using the term give or dont give any.

icecreamvan
10-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Some "friend" tried to rip off two of us at the same time not too long ago. Good thing I was on good terms with his boss. :rofl:

98type_r
10-10-2007, 10:43 AM
even worse is the cheap ass friend who is always looking for freebies and then in return tries to make money off his friends.

G-ZUS
10-10-2007, 10:45 AM
I had a "friend" awhile back who was just to cheap, I went to Stampede with him and his wife and he asked me to borrow money for admission, i was like "whatever its only 24 bucks". The next week his wife has the nerve to come online and tell me they can't afford to payme back. then he asked me to buy him a vacuum cleaner for his new house. Mind you I don't talk to him no more.

On the other hand , I have another friend, I've known for quite some time and we always help each other out. I just lent him $2500 bucks and he's paying it back by payments which I don't mind

picmerollin
10-10-2007, 10:48 AM
he could never hold a job, and was basically a professional mooch to all of his generous friends (me and the boys). now i have no problem helping out a friend and since my finances are going well i am really generous when it comes to my friends and the ladies. i like to be the host that has never ending beer and a freezer full of tasy boozes etc.

i had my days as a broke guy while in university and i know how it is, and this guy though would hang with us when he was broke but had another crew that he would go out and about with when he got paid because he knew when money was tight we would all float his boat (smokes, drinks, rides, straight twenties at the bar, blunts, whatever it may be) now this went on since high school and many friends were getting a little sick of this guys routine but one friend didnt care, my buddy (we call him nails) would give him the shirt of his back and more.
over the years everybody was this guys friend but as of 2007 nails was the only on eto ever call or invite the moocher. so for the most part he wouldnt be around but every now and then here he comes with nails and each of us was like "oh well, he is hilarious just too bad he is such a bum" but it was tolerable because we were seeing less of him.

so this summer one of our great friends was getting married and 7 of us were groomsmen and the rest of our crew were guests including the moocher.

the night before the wedding we are getting a little twisted after leaving the grooms parents place, we went to whyte and kept on going. i left at maybe 1 am to make sure i wasnt hurtin g for the wedding (nails and i were g-men) and nails decides to stay out with the moocher for some more drinks, the next morning i come to pick him up to go back to the grooms parents to get ready and have the photographer take some candid shots of us getting all tuxed up. nail's eye is swollen shut and black and blue, turns out mr moochy was a little hopped up and straght threw an upper cut to nails eye. the groom to be called mr moochey and told him if he shows up to the wedding hew will have 2 black eyes and none of our friend have seen him since.

nails was the last line of communication keeping this guy around and that is done forever after his sucker punch stunt. it kinda sucks because he lost alot of friends that day, but i dont feel he was a true friend. he would steal (petty, like smokes and stashes) he would pretend to be broke when we are out and then has plenty of cash to take out a girl or go out with his other crew.

mooches suck, but friends can have all my shit.

HybridTheory
10-10-2007, 11:10 AM
I HATE the friends that are nowhere to be found when you're out having a big group dinner and then the bill comes. Someone always gets fucked over and ends up paying more than their share.

toyboy88
10-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah at dinner/lunches I hate it when "friends" split the bill by paying cash, not realizing that it could well be an extra $20-25 tip each time out....

G-ZUS
10-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by HybridTheory
I HATE the friends that are nowhere to be found when you're out having a big group dinner and then the bill comes. Someone always gets fucked over and ends up paying more than their share.

Thats the worst :thumbsdow One day we went to celebrate mine and a buddys birthday. About twenty people showed up and when the bill came, only half of them were still there

adidas
10-10-2007, 11:43 AM
I gotta agree with pretty much everyone in here.

I only offer to give friends money that i know that will pay me back without even me asking for it, everyone else is not worthy of me or my cash.

I rmr lending a friend 100 once and he paid the very next day, it was like it never left my hands. But then again this is the exact same person that will always offer to pay at the restaurants/clubs for the whole bill.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-10-2007, 11:52 AM

Yea... Everyone is like "Well I paid my share + tip"... And then your still like $30 short for the bill w/o tip... And it's usually the people counting the money! Depending who I'm with, I'm all about splitting the bill now. Far easier, and I'm not paying an extra $20 for my $15 meal.

Kona9
10-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Ok now here is cheap!!

I went out with some friends about a month ago to a buddies stag. I ended up leaving the stag early and headed out to a couple other establishments where my room mate caught up with us. Well the night ended and everybody went their ways for the exception of my room mate and myself. The new hot girl from work called me up and the three of us went to Singapore Sams for some drunk people food.

The bill comes and I pick up the bill to go pay it. The total was around $66.00. My room mate decides it is time to play hero boy. He grabs the bill from me and proceeds to go ahead and pay the tab via credit card. I thought nothing of it and thanked him for being a nice guy and paying for the tab.

I had an unfortunate incident occur a couple weeks later where I was taken to the hospital via ambulance with some minor heart complications. The day I get out of the hospital my room mate sends me a text to tell me that I owe him $33.00 for Singapore Sams. I was floored!!! :banghead:

Fuckin' Douche!!!

HybridTheory
10-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Ok now here is cheap!!

I went out with some friends about a month ago to a buddies stag. I ended up leaving the stag early and headed out to a couple other establishments where my room mate caught up with us. Well the night ended and everybody went their ways for the exception of my room mate and myself. The new hot girl from work called me up and the three of us went to Singapore Sams for some drunk people food.

The bill comes and I pick up the bill to go pay it. The total was around $66.00. My room mate decides it is time to play hero boy. He grabs the bill from me and proceeds to go ahead and pay the tab via credit card. I thought nothing of it and thanked him for being a nice guy and paying for the tab.

I had an unfortunate incident occur a couple weeks later where I was taken to the hospital via ambulance with some minor heart complications. The day I get out of the hospital my room mate sends me a text to tell me that I owe him $33.00 for Singapore Sams. I was floored!!! :banghead:

Fuckin' Douche!!!

What a fuckin douche! And he waited until you were out of the hospital to ask for money. How are things you guys now? :banghead:

Weapon_R
10-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Ok now here is cheap!!

Fuckin' Douche!!!

haha thats hilarious. :rofl:

SunniSunShine
10-10-2007, 12:22 PM
lol you should tell him to fuck himself and that you dont want to pay for the girl

Kona9
10-10-2007, 12:26 PM

What a fuckin douche! And he waited until you were out of the hospital to ask for money. How are things you guys now? :banghead:

I have just accepted his cheapness I will be watching out for it. Or, I just don't play the share game as well as I usually would.

I'm a very generous giving guy. I'm not a door matt by any stretch of the imagination, but I like to take care of my friends (the ones that deserve it) when I can. I have some wealthy friends that are extremely humble and have no qualms about taking care of the tab every time we hang out. No matter how hard I fight or try to win the server over with my money. They are just generous like that. I look up to that and enjoy doing the same in return when I can.

I can Ixnay one guy off that list I guess.
:thumbsup:

joseph
10-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by TegLover

Best advice i can give to anyone of you is if you really have to lend someone money get a collateral worth &gt; the value of the $. If they can't come up with a collateral in that criteria then too fucking bad, go elsewhere.

:rofl: I remember that shit hahaha

Kona9
10-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by SunniSunShine
lol you should tell him to fuck himself and that you dont want to pay for the girl

Meh I have to live with the guy. Rough times aren't worth 30 bucks. It's easier to be the better man and let it roll off my back. Besides, the new hot girl needed some Danish Lovin' and I didn't mind paying for her because of it. :angel:

Even though he grabbed the tab, she already thought he was a little off. I WIN!!

SunniSunShine
10-10-2007, 01:07 PM
HA GUY did you make a sexual relations with her

forkdork
10-10-2007, 01:22 PM

:rofl:

Repofspeed
10-10-2007, 01:26 PM

Randomly outta nowhere this rant pops into my head today when I'm going over a portfolio with the client. I was recalling a moment I had a few weeks back with my friend when I tried to ask for my $100 back. She then has the fucking audacity to say to my face &quot;What $100?? I've paid everything back to you&quot;, AFTER she asks me for ANOTHER $10!!!

End of rant. Discuss.

Hope she's putting out too. =p

max_boost
10-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm a very generous giving guy. I'm not a door matt by any stretch of the imagination, but I like to take care of my friends (the ones that deserve it) when I can.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

I operate the exact same way. I had to cut a lot of my old friends because I could no longer handle their cheapness. My current buds are great because they share the same view points as me. It's not complicated. It's just being courteous and using common sense.

Kona9
10-10-2007, 01:53 PM

not sure what part of "I WIN" you didn't understand! :D

So long as I am single I will live by the same motto I had in my early to mid 20's

"Full Protection, No Commitments."

ielle
10-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I had friends who would watch us pay for the take out bill when the food arrived and not even lift a finger to pretend to pay. Happened everytime..
So when we finally confronted them about it they pulled the starving students card..
Sorry.. but.. Married.. so 2 incomes.. And the husband worked delivering pizza for about 3 hours 1 day a week.. and they were bitching about how they are short on money.
So I told them that if they are so damn short on money and they can't support the 2 of them, while I end up supporting myself AND them.. they can either 1) Not order food with me... or 2) Have the husband get a fucking job!

Apparently I was wrong in this. And was told that I'm not a grown up because I'm not married, I'm not trying for kids, and I haven't gone to school... So i had no right to talk to them about grown up issues..

Douches!

shawtie
10-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I know a certain someone from beyond who does this.

Used to always pay for him when we went out with some of my friends, all his drinks, everything.(was always roke never had money)...Just felt bad and wanted him to have fun too. It eventually came to a stop when we went fo wings one night and he offered to just pay the bill with his credit card cause we all had debit or cash but we all had to pay him back a total of what $20...I got hounded by him for months that I owed him $20......after forkin out hundreds of dollars on booze and food for him he had the balls to ask for $20 from me. Everyone always paid for him...never payed anyone back.

blinkme_210
10-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by slick2404

The worst are people that won't give you the $50 back, but will try and pay for little things here and there that'll sum up for $20max and then call the debt even...its not like your gona tally each and everything up so you learn from it call it quits haha.

Oh man... that is the same stunt the same girl I'm talking about in the 1st post tries to pull every chance she gets. She'll always try to cut deals with me to even out her tab, like buy me ONE LARGE TIMMYS & a donut to even out her 3 lunches. I've usually taken her up on it, cause I know if I didn't, I wouldn't even see a single penny for the next few weeks.

Some people hey... the nerve they have, just fucking floors me. When Josh Groban came to town, and her boyfriend really wanted to go as a birthday present, she was too cheap to even buy tickets for him as a present. The tickets were like $120/seat, and she couldn't bear the thought of paying $240 to make her boyfriend happy, haha.

blinkme_210
10-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I operate the exact same way. I had to cut a lot of my old friends because I could no longer handle their cheapness. My current buds are great because they share the same view points as me. It's not complicated. It's just being courteous and using common sense.

I'm not going to cut my best friend out of my life, but I am definitely going to change how I behave when it comes to spotting for her.

Totally, with the guys, it's not even an issue that comes. I pay one day, he pays the other day and it all works out. As long as the meals are like +/- $10, no qualms whatsoever.

max_boost
10-11-2007, 12:15 AM

I'm not going to cut my best friend out of my life, but I am definitely going to change how I behave when it comes to spotting for her.

Totally, with the guys, it's not even an issue that comes. I pay one day, he pays the other day and it all works out. As long as the meals are like +/- $10, no qualms whatsoever.

I don't like to make a big deal out of things but when they start busting out lines like, oh you make more money than I do, that gets me riled up. I mean WTF, so that makes it OK for you to be a leech?

Or they complain about being poor but when you hit up the bar, you see him acting all baller, treating drinks to others, except you. LOL

Another one is when a buddy is complaining about being poor, you lend them some money and not hear from them for the next 6 months. They just stop calling you but are still going out with other people. WTF is that?

HybridTheory
10-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Another pet peeve I have is friends who will spend tons on themselves, like buy themselves the best clothes, gadgets etc. But will be such a cheap ass when it comes to going out. For example, you'll want to go out to a restaurant to eat but you get stuck going for fast food since they have no money left to spend.

street
10-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Another pet peeve I have is friends who will spend tons on themselves, like buy themselves the best clothes, gadgets etc. But will be such a cheap ass when it comes to going out. For example, you'll want to go out to a restaurant to eat but you get stuck going for fast food since they have no money left to spend.
yup i have the same thing my friend just bought him self an MR2 and then we go out for dinner and i have to pay cause he has no money left
what you pay 9000 for a car but you dont have 35 bucks for dinner?FUCK

max_boost
10-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Another pet peeve I have is friends who will spend tons on themselves, like buy themselves the best clothes, gadgets etc. But will be such a cheap ass when it comes to going out. For example, you'll want to go out to a restaurant to eat but you get stuck going for fast food since they have no money left to spend. haha or they call you to go for drinks and food but end up ordering neither. You are sitting there thinking WTF and order anyway so the servers don't think you are a douche.

TomcoPDR
10-11-2007, 01:05 AM

she couldn't bear the thought of paying $240 to make her boyfriend happy, haha.

Cause the best things in life such as STI's are free.:bigpimp:

Evolize
10-11-2007, 01:49 AM
too many stories......one is a roomate who took 2500 from me for rent for a month and spent it on his phone bill (he had a internet girlfriend from some other planet spent all night on the phone with her)....never got it back, so i stole every possession he had and destroyed his mustang buildup in the garage.....he moved back to b.c.

next is my current list of friends...there is only ONE person i know that when i loan them money, i get it back exactly one week later....our pay periods end one friday apart from one another so were always bouncing 50-150 bucks back and forth....the other ones promise to pay me back never do.

i remember a few weeks ago group of people and i always went to humpties late night for shit to do. well theres about 5 of us each time, and for some reason NOBODY ever, EVER had money. OR cigarettes....so i would be nice and let them smoke my cigs, and then buy their drinks and food and be 100 bucks poorer, but it was good company...then one night i gave this guy 10 bucks to buy his food....he bounced out of the place and got into his vehicle and started leaving, WITHOUT PAYING! my 10 dollar bill was transformed to a 24 dollar bill/tab. there is one person from that group that has treated me a few times at humpties and has paid for my shit, but i loaned him 50 bucks over a month and a half ago and he promised he'd pay me back in a week.....he said (im not a cheap bastard that takes and doesnt return like the other guys you know)......ive yet to see my 50 bux.

kinda pisses me off how people can take advantage of you...especially when they all have $15/hr + paying jobs and live with their parents and have NO BILLS........where the fuck does your 2500$+ a month go?

Splooge
10-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Or they complain about being poor but when you hit up the bar, you see him acting all baller, treating drinks to others, except you. LOL

oh man hahahah shit and the only people he's buying drinks for are chicks he's trying to hit but never will :rofl:

doublepostwhore
10-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I lent a buddy 6 bills. He shops exclusively at harry rosen, that was 6 months ago... still havent been paid back... when we hangout im expected to pay :banghead:

how do you go about getting your money back!?!?!??!

samo147
10-11-2007, 07:50 PM
well some people just have a bad memory and you just have to ask and they will pay you back??

or their just moochers and hope you end up forgetting so they dont have to pay you back

usually the people who borrow from me and dont pay back I just dont want to be their friend and just leave it at that and move on with my life

TVG
10-11-2007, 08:45 PM
I have a friend right now that blew all his student loan money on booze, cigarettes, and a 65" TV. He's so fucking stupid that he just realized he needs to get a job now - when he has bills that need to be paid, and gas for his car. So he asks me to drive him around dropping off resumes. I'm not to much of a bitch, so I do it, because he does need to get a job. The problem is, he won't get paid for two weeks even if he started at a job today. So guess what?? He's asking me to loan him money so he can pay his bills. Now he's basically put me in a lose-lose situation. If I pay him the money, I won't get it back (and I'm a student too...I have a budget to follow, I can't fuck around handing out money), and if I don't pay him the money, something bad will happen, and he will forever blame it all on me.

Hakkola
10-11-2007, 08:49 PM
He has only himself to blame. If he blames you, say friends off. Unless this is your best friend or you've known him since birth, don't give him money, if you do, it will happen again.

dieselpower91
10-11-2007, 09:05 PM
I have 2 groups of friends.

Group 1- I hear they call me cheap behind my back because I don't go out and blow money on things like expensive meals and useless shit. Yet when I do go out they cheap out by trying to find something wrong with the food so they get a discount or say the service was shitty and they don't tip, but apparently I am the cheap one..
I am good with my money and don't spend it on crap and I have alot to show for it. IE: Own my House, Cadillac, etc.. That is more important to me than blowing money on crap.

Group 2- I have known them since high school. when we go anywhere everyone pays their share, never any disputes.
We all tip great when the service is adequate but don't go out all that often. Then again most of us are more mature and have houses.

codetrap
10-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by TVG
I have a friend right now that blew all his student loan money on booze, cigarettes, and a 65&quot; TV. He's so fucking stupid that he just realized he needs to get a job now - when he has bills that need to be paid, and gas for his car. So he asks me to drive him around dropping off resumes. I'm not to much of a bitch, so I do it, because he does need to get a job. The problem is, he won't get paid for two weeks even if he started at a job today. So guess what?? He's asking me to loan him money so he can pay his bills. Now he's basically put me in a lose-lose situation. If I pay him the money, I won't get it back (and I'm a student too...I have a budget to follow, I can't fuck around handing out money), and if I don't pay him the money, something bad will happen, and he will forever blame it all on me.

Don't give him money. Tell him to sell his TV.

v2kai
10-11-2007, 10:37 PM
i'm pretty lucky with my buddies. theyre awesome. i've been paid for my fair share of times, and we all give and take in different ways. but one buddy of mine topped the cake the other day.:rofl:

He has had my back in so many other ways and he's a bro to the end but when it comes to penny pinching damn sometimes he can be a cheap ass sun-bitch. we're out at the club and he comes up to me and the conversation goes something like this:

Buddy:" yo man lets go get some drinks"
me: "dude, i'm set. in a bit"

leaves it for a bit

buddy:" cmon dude we're so busy these days we never get to chill anymore and get piss ass drunk, lets go grab some beers"
me:"good point. aight fuck it lets go"

i follow him up to the bar

buddy: "yo man grab me a corona."

my buddy invites me up for beers. and then makes me buy him a drink.
:confused:

so i laugh it off and buy us drinks. the kicker tho is this is the guy who always goes around flaunting his shit, and acts the whole balla shot calla shiet. and then pulls that :rofl: :banghead: :dunno:

at least in my case, with my buddies it all comes back around in one way shape or form.:thumbsup: