PDA

View Full Version : insurance reduction courses

qwerty_r_us
10-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Where is the cheapest place I can take the insurance reduction course without the driving part? I tried phoning a lot of places but they don't offer it separately. I already have a class 5 license so I don't need to learn how to drive because I already took it before. Thanks

Masked Bandit
10-10-2007, 09:40 AM
How long have you had your class five license? If it's more than two years, don't bother. It won't save you any money.

achtung
10-10-2007, 12:40 PM
what has this world come to? reducing insurance because you took a course? a fucking course isn't going to give you experience.

Aleks
10-10-2007, 01:12 PM
It's free when you turn 25

50% discount roughly. :burnout:

qwerty_r_us
10-10-2007, 08:57 PM
I got my license in July

Masked Bandit
10-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by qwerty_r_us
I got my license in July

Then it's still worth your while however you will need to take the full driver's training course. To get a discount on your insurance you need both the in-class and in-car components. It will save you (on average, for PLPD) $250 a year for the first two years. The course is usually around $500 so it's basically a wash. However, if you have full coverage on your vehicle, the savings will be greater.

I'm also assuming you have not had any accidents yet? An accident will negate all driver training credit.