PDA

View Full Version : Lightning?

Bubba-G-
07-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Hello,
Well I just got a new job and can now afford a new vehicle :bigpimp: So I do alot of atving/dirt biking so I think that a new lightning would be a good compromise :thumbsup:
Anyway I went to the local ford dealer to talk to them about it and they were like well we can't get them only SVT supported dealers can.
So I went to the ford.ca site and tried to find SVT dealers but couldn't?
Anyway what is the best price that anyone has found them for new because the retail of $42 515 seems a little steep?

Anyway really appreciate it if you guys/girls could help me out here :bigpimp:

Thanks
Bubba

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 11:23 AM
not a bad price for what you get in my opinion. i tried to look into one at crowfoot ford but they dont do SVT. i think cam clark does, thats where we bought our cobra. im also sure that the big ford dealeraship in the south does SVT as well. im sure theres a few but i dont remember the name right now.

Bubba-G-
07-09-2003, 11:29 AM
Hmm looks like I'm gonna have to go for a drive :banghead:
On a sidenote they never seem to come up for sale :rolleyes:

But also what is the best price anyone has seen one for new?

Thanks
Bubba

redx2nv
07-09-2003, 11:29 AM
there is 2 svt dealers here in edmonton and i beleive one in grand prarie i know of for sure. That price is cheap considering the power you get with that truck. also check out the harley f150, more pracatical 4 doors, 20's, leather, and the supercharged lightning engine to boot.

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by redx2nv
there is 2 svt dealers here in edmonton and i beleive one in grand prarie i know of for sure. That price is cheap considering the power you get with that truck. also check out the harley f150, more pracatical 4 doors, 20's, leather, and the supercharged lightning engine to boot.

ya but it doesnt run 13's stock lol.

i really like them and would pay every penny of that $42,515!!!! good deal.
try finding something comparable for the same money:thumbsup:

Bubba-G-
07-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Thanks the Harley edition are definetly :bigpimp: But I don't really need the space, and I kind of wanted a supra tt but gave up on that due to lack of them being around and they are 10+ years old so that kind of worries me.

So I think that the lightning is what I need a sports car that can haul my toys on occasion too :D

Thanks
Bubba

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 11:37 AM
ya trucks rule, but trucks with power rule even more!! muhahhaa

Abom
07-09-2003, 11:39 AM
Cam Clark Ford in Airdire does SVT. They even have a little "Ford SVT Team" sign :thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Abom
Cam Clark Ford in Airdire does SVT. They even have a little "Ford SVT Team" sign :thumbsup:

ya our cobra came from there and then went back after some issues we had with ford:thumbsdow :banghead:
good guys over at cam clark ford.

closer to you to bubba-g. its in airdrie.

Bubba-G-
07-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the repies guys,
I will definetly have to go down there in my week off now :burnout:

Bubba

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 12:20 PM
right on! let me know how it goes, maybe ill take a closer look at it.

Abom
07-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
ya our cobra came from there and then went back after some issues we had with ford:thumbsdow :banghead:

Yeah my dad has a Ford and all Ford dealers he's been to he's not happy with (crappy service, they leave the car all messed up inside, etc). So I don't particularly like Ford personally, but the SVTs are nice cars, I'll give them that :thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 12:47 PM
well it was more of an issue with ford itself and the car, not so much the dealer. in 99' they claimed the cobra had 320hp and it had 280hp. my dad was mad that they boosted the numbers and took it back that day and bought a v6 stang instead

Abom
07-09-2003, 12:50 PM
well it was more of an issue with ford itself and the car, not so much the dealer. in 99' they claimed the cobra had 320hp and it had 280hp. my dad was mad that they boosted the numbers and took it back that day and bought a v6 stang instead

Boosting numbers is gay :thumbsdow

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 12:56 PM
thats what my dad says lol

tegdream
07-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Abom

Boosting is gay :thumbsdow

:eek:

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by tegdream

:eek:

shit disturber:devil: :rofl:

tegdream
07-09-2003, 01:35 PM

shit disturber:devil: :rofl:

:D ahh the days of summer spent sitting on beyond.ca ....

5.9 R/T
07-09-2003, 01:36 PM
The 'L is a pretty good deal for what your getting IMO. Lots of cheap cheap upgrades available and you can make that truck stupid fast for not a whole lot of money. The 5.4 S/C isn't the strongest of motors, but as far as BPU's go it seems to do all right with them. I'd wait until '04 though. The next gen 'L is going to be badass, miles ahead of the current truck.

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
The 'L is a pretty good deal for what your getting IMO. Lots of cheap cheap upgrades available and you can make that truck stupid fast for not a whole lot of money. The 5.4 S/C isn't the strongest of motors, but as far as BPU's go it seems to do all right with them. I'd wait until '04 though. The next gen 'L is going to be badass, miles ahead of the current truck.

good to know, thnx for letting us know.:thumbsup:

ya summer days on beyond can get kids into trouble though lol
like shit disturbers making fun of boosting lol

hash
07-09-2003, 01:42 PM
the ford dealer next to canyon meadows cinemas and gold's gym stocks SVT's too i believe.
I forget the name tho... but hope it helps

tegdream
07-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by hash
the ford dealer next to canyon meadows cinemas and gold's gym stocks SVT's too i believe.
I forget the name tho... but hope it helps

Advantage Ford :thumbsup: Macleod Tr./ Canyon Meadows Dr. S

AccordTypeR
07-09-2003, 01:44 PM
what about the chevy ss truck, i dont know much about them exept they are to compeate wiht the lightning?? any one know anything about those. that is always an option

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by AccordTypeR
what about the chevy ss truck, i dont know much about them exept they are to compeate wiht the lightning?? any one know anything about those. that is always an option

not worth it, almost 60grand and its not that fast. maybe a high 14 with a good driver at sea level.
its AWD and has 20's though. if your in it for looks its all good but for all out performance lightning is definatly the way to go.

personally i would rather rate a ram hemi 1500 against the lightning then the chevy. they chevy is a more refined gentlemans truck, unlike the ford or dodge.

ninspeed
07-09-2003, 04:40 PM
advantage ford and metro are the calgary SVT dealers

hash
07-09-2003, 04:44 PM
they chevy is a more refined gentlemans truck, unlike the ford or dodge.

haha ... a 'gentleman's truck'...i thought those never existed...;)

but... i get the point.:thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 04:47 PM
well its just more appointed for and older man or woman who would like performance as well as luxury, the lightning is more just raw power.

NickGT
07-09-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
advantage ford and metro are the calgary SVT dealers

Yep, Advantage Ford is the one on Canyon Meadows Drive. That's where I'll be buying the new mustang in a few months. :thumbsup:

5.9 R/T
07-09-2003, 05:43 PM
The advantage the SS has over the 'L and the soon to be released SRT-10 is AWD and the Extended cab (that is if the SRT doesn't come with the quad cab as is rumored). I wouldn't put the SS in the same league as these trucks though.

VWhooligan
07-10-2003, 07:44 AM
my mothers bf just ordered himself a chevy SS. can't wait for it to come, it's going to be a pretty pimp ride

ill agree that its more of a "gentlemens" truck rather than a balls-out truck. it's not the fastest truck available, but its got some style

ecstasy_civic
07-10-2003, 08:54 AM
ya there very nice trucks, but i prefer as you said "balls out" :)

redx2nv
07-10-2003, 11:18 AM
i think the srt 10 is going to be around $70000:eek: :rolleyes: :nut: :dunno:

ecstasy_civic
07-10-2003, 11:20 AM
holy shit, not in my budget anytime soon. for 70 grand it bette beat a Z06!!