PDA

View Full Version : Negative Camber on Front Wheels!

ctruo
10-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey everyone, I have a question in regards to my 2001 acura e.l. (pretty much, the same thing as the 2001 civic sedan). I have negative camber in my front wheels and as a result my tires are wearing from the inside shoulder. Anyways I will be bring it into TNT honda friday, for a wheel alignment, and I was wondering if the alignment will correct the problem?

I have read on other websites that sometimes the front camber are NOT adjustable. My car is not lowered, nor do i have a camber kit installed. So, I was wondering are they adjustable on my STOCK 01 acura 1.7 el?

Thank- you in advance!

Mazstyle
10-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Thats strange it's wearing like you've lowered it, They should be able to correct the problem at the dealership if it's not modded.

frozenrice
10-10-2007, 10:30 PM
If you're not lowered, an alignment should fix it. Could be toe-out that's causing the tires to wear like that. Weird that you're getting what seems like negative camber wear on an unmodified suspension.

ctruo
10-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Since, both of you mentioned that it is strange/werid for a unmodded suspension to cause what seems like negative camber wear, is there a high probability that the problem lie else where such as worn steering componts or other parts?

boredengineer
10-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by ctruo
Since, both of you mentioned that it is strange/werid for a unmodded suspension to cause what seems like negative camber wear, is there a high probability that the problem lie else where such as worn steering componts or other parts?

Worn suspension pieces, crappy tires, balance... Pick one :nut: