PDA

View Full Version : LF: partner to share a small office

billy36
10-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi folks,

I'm thinking of starting a very small business to utilize few spare hours that I have during the day. I'm thinking of renting a small office anywhere in downtown and my problem is that I don't have the client base to merit having an office completely for my self. So I'm looking for a partner, a lawyer, a computer wizard, or a professional individual whose interested in exploring his potential in starting a business as the case with me to half the monthly rent, utilities, the furniture cost and possibly advertising costs.

I'm a financial consultant and if your interested, I'll tell u more about my self and my business, its really straight forward and I'm looking as I mentioned for a partner whose career isn't far away, as I said maybe a lawyer or a computer wiz. This probably would benefit in advertising the business as if the business was close enough we can share advertising costs.

I'm also open to the thought of buying the office property (half of it that is) but that's kind of a stretch as I understand that renting maybe a better way to go till we know that business can be sustained.

The office itself would ideally be located in downtown, something simple, nothing fancy at all just for the sake of meeting clients, something that will suit 2 small timers.

If anyone is interested plz PM or post here, also if any of u guys have ideas, let me know.

Thanks everone

sputnik
10-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Most downtown office space leases for around $35-45/sq ft and has 5-10 year lease requirements.

Are you a stable enough company to ensure you are good for the money for at least five years? Or are you willing to take on the 5 year lease and sublet to another company?

billy36
10-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Yes, ur most probably right.

I guess the majority of the cases would be long term leases, but that is not what I'm looking for as I don't know if my business will be sustainable.

I've found an advertisement for an office space in a new building in the NE and monthly rent is $500 (that even includes phone and internet) and they're willing even to do month to month, I realize that its far and I hope I can find something in or closer to downtown maybe with similar specs, dont know :dunno: , this NE office I stumbled accross from just a quick internet search after I read ur reply.

If there is a will, there is probably a way.

Rat Fink
10-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by billy36

If there is a will, there is probably a way.

you betcha man. 100% of the shots you don't take won't go in.

autumnrain
10-11-2007, 05:09 PM
are you interested in something in Chinatown? my uncle who is also a financial advisor has 2 office rooms.. last time i talked to him he wanted to split the office

Mikaldor
10-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey,

I've got some space in our offices in Inglewood that we could share. The office is in an old converted house that has been upgrade, and we have a bunch of workstations a conference room and an meeting area / kitchen area.

Pretty easy to pop in and out of downtown for meetings, and pretty convenient for people to come and visit as well.

billy36
10-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks folks for the info, Autumnrain I don't mind chinatown, if you can provide me with some details that would be great, I'll PM u as well.

Mikaldor, thanks for the offer, if I couldn't find something in downtown I'll sure let u know and maybe we can work something out. Thanks folks.