PDA

View Full Version : Stupid, Illegal, and fun

Scat
07-09-2003, 01:52 PM
I warn you, do not attempt this under any circumstances. It is very illegal and dangerous. We tried it out in a very large empty parking lot at night, far away from any motorists, police and padestrians.
Now that you have been warned, here it goes.

About a year ago some friends of mine and I thought up this great idea to do in front wheel drive cars. We decided that it would be a good idea to drive the back tires of your car up onto some fast food trays and hold them in place with the emergency brake. Once this was done, you could drive around because your front tires are still driving the car. Along with this it is expected that you would have very little control of the car. We decided to put the idea away because it was really really stupid.

Well about a week ago we remembered the idea and decided we would go to a secluded parking lot and try it out. We stole a few trays from A&W and found a good parkign lot. Sin in his accord decided we could use his car for the experiment. He backed up onto the trays and pulled the E-brake. We all got in the car, put on seatbelts, and he drove. Well we were right. You have absolutely no control over the car, and even by turning the wheel slightly, the car will spin out. :nut: Needless to say it was somewhat fun. We only tryed this for a short time because it is very loud and the trays burnt through.

I will say again, DO NOT TRY THIS! I only shared the story for your entertainment, not for you to go wreck your car. If caught, you will recieve a stunting ticket, and maybe other charges so don't do it!

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 01:54 PM
are you sure you didnt copy that vid posted lol

it looked like fun but nothing i would try cause i value my license and money that pays for my car.

not to bright are you lol j/k

88CRX
07-09-2003, 01:56 PM
I will say again, DO NOT TRY THIS!

:D but officer we were just having fun

rage2
07-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Here's a question... can cops give you a ticket for doing that in a private lot? I mean, AutoX's are run in private lots, and umm, it's definately speeding :).

Obviously, the lot owners can kick you out and charge u with tresspassing or something...

syeve
07-09-2003, 01:57 PM
that sound awsome...some what equivilant to those police driving tests...

Scat
07-09-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Here's a question... can cops give you a ticket for doing that in a private lot? I mean, AutoX's are run in private lots, and umm, it's definately speeding :).

Obviously, the lot owners can kick you out and charge u with tresspassing or something...

I am not really sure what the laws are exactly, but I am assuming it is illegal anywhere within the city.

Scat
07-09-2003, 02:07 PM
It was a lot like those police tests or the drivers ed tests. Where you have almost no control over your car.

I guess you could use this idea as a sort of drivers ed manouver that would only cost as much as 2 trays and your fuel that you use.

Team_Mclaren
07-09-2003, 02:23 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14514&highlight=trays

Scat
07-09-2003, 02:59 PM
hahaha
I never saw that
hilarious though!

FiveFreshFish
07-10-2003, 12:36 AM

Cops can charge you for stunting, provided that your actions are visible from a public road. Anything you do that can cause unnecessary distraction to other motorists can be considered stunting.

K271
07-10-2003, 12:53 AM
Probably won't sacrifice my car or my life for such a stunt. Rather watch it on FOX's World's Dumbest Drivers and watch someone do it and smoke a brick wall.

FiveFreshFish
07-10-2003, 12:55 AM
You get a similar effect on ice with a FWD car with grippy front snow tires and summer or bald rear tires.

Ebbsvette
07-10-2003, 01:05 AM
sounds fun....i dont use trays...but.....there is a parkin lot on the beach where i live...it has a metal bar gate...but its those wierd ones so my car fits right under it....heh....i sit there if im bored and do donuts till my heart is content....heh.....its fun....bad waste of good tires tho...haha

Cueman
07-10-2003, 08:05 AM

I've been caught on private property. The 5-0 alerted the property owner, and did all they could to get me on some non-driving infraction. Lights, horn, exhaust, insurance registration...