PDA

View Full Version : Wife's 2004 Mazda 3 just went to shit. HELP!

GQNammer
10-11-2007, 01:26 PM
This car has always been driven by my wife. It has 68,xxx kms on it. Took it to every scheduled service at kramer mazda. Has never been driven hard, EVER. My wife is really against that.

This morning my wife and I took our baby girl to the doctor's for a regular check up. Car was fine going there and fine coming back. We were sitting in our driveway just chit chatting inside the car while it was running. So about 10 minutes into our conversation we hear this funny sound. It sounded like gurgling water on the passenger side. I could even feel it.

I get out the car and I hear a loud knocking/clanging sound under the hood. I popped the hood and asked my wife to rev the motor. She revved it to about 3000rpm and smoke was coming out the left side of the motor. Can someone please tell me WTF happened?

I called mazda to ask what was wrong with it but all they told me is that I need to bring it in. Unfortunately they're booked until at least next week! Should this still be covered under warranty? I believe mazda has a 5 year/100,000 km powertrain warranty.

Masked Bandit
10-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Well the good news is that if it's something major, the powertrain warranty should keep you covered. It may be something as simple as a blown hose.

Destinova403
10-11-2007, 02:10 PM
damn mazdas... no better than old Fords now... my dad's Mazda 6 has had so many problems with it in the last couple years.