PDA

View Full Version : need ideas

tegdream
07-09-2003, 02:28 PM
good palce for dinner for 6 month anniversary...not HUGELY expensive pereferabley...

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 02:43 PM
how about mongolie grill. its my safety net lol.

good food and its simple.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-09-2003, 02:49 PM
chicago chophouse on penny lane great food and not overly expensive
i think about $25-$30 per person depending on what you get

Well worth it IMO Damn good food

chrisp
07-09-2003, 02:56 PM
not sure what yer into but greek always works for me, try athens by night on 17th or the broken plate in kensington, great atmosphere.

ZorroAMG
07-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Da Paolo's on 17th by Macleod Tr S and the Stamp shop. Their food is one of the best italian in the city and it is not that expensive...dunno how much you want to spend, but $90 covers a great 2 course and app meal and wine for two. Buon Giorno's on 17th is good Italian as well and a little cheaper ($70-80 for 2)..great patio.

High end ($120 approx) would be the Belvedere on 8th Ave SW, or Oceana sea food on 4th st and 18th ave sw...

Hope that helps....

Weapon_R
07-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Mother Tuckers has great Prime Rib, and you can get out of there without breaking the bank. About $60 for two including drinks

Superesc
07-09-2003, 04:54 PM
its only 6 month, bring her out to have a BBQ in your backyard/Banff/Park/etc :D

bksze
07-09-2003, 05:44 PM
If you're into some nicer contemporary places, check out Muse, Centini's, Teatro or even the River Cafe . . . definitely score points with the lady but the wallet will feel a lot lighter, ~ $120+ for a 3 course meal including drinks.

tegdream
07-09-2003, 06:23 PM
People, lets keep in mind i am only 16 :nut: :D haha continue :)

ecstasy_civic
07-09-2003, 06:24 PM
dude, mongolie grill!!! like 25 bucks MAX! and its good food. she can choose what she wants and it goes by weight so the less you eat teh cheaper it is lol.

FallenAngel
07-09-2003, 06:26 PM
River Cafe in Princess Island (expensive, but excellent)

Wa's on 16 Ave and Centre St. N (actually authentic Japanese)

Hana Sushi on 18 Ave and 4 St SW (excellent salmon sashimi)

Weapon_R
07-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by tegdream
People, lets keep in mind i am only 16 :nut: :D haha continue :)

In that case, hit up your local Wendy's or Burger King and call it a night.

szw
07-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by FallenAngel

Wa's on 16 Ave and Centre St. N (actually authentic Japanese)

Ya go there, it does feel really authentic, great food, and I really like the waitress!! HHmmmm maybe I'll go again today or tomorrow :D

tegdream
07-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

In that case, hit up your local Wendy's or Burger King and call it a night.

uggh....whatever :guns:

Redlyne_mr2
07-09-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Da Paolo's on 17th by Macleod Tr S and the Stamp shop. Their food is one of the best italian in the city and it is not that expensive...dunno how much you want to spend, but $90 covers a great 2 course and app meal and wine for two. Buon Giorno's on 17th is good Italian as well and a little cheaper ($70-80 for 2)..great patio.

High end ($120 approx) would be the Belvedere on 8th Ave SW, or Oceana sea food on 4th st and 18th ave sw...

Hope that helps....
Belvedere is totally overrated, La Chaumiere(17th avve) is nice but is a tad pricey, victorias on 17th is a cool place, well priced, good food

ninspeed
07-09-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by bksze
If you're into some nicer contemporary places, check out Muse, Centini's, Teatro or even the River Cafe . . . definitely score points with the lady but the wallet will feel a lot lighter, ~ $120+ for a 3 course meal including drinks.

Muse has the best food i have eaten in a long time.. 19$-31$/ plate plus drinks... but 100% worth it

rice_eater
07-09-2003, 11:15 PM
daguido's man! that shit is amazing itallian food! really really sweet and a little bit classy...VERY nice inside also...on center street and 20th i think...north...about 20-35 bucks but OMG is it worth it...

FiveFreshFish
07-09-2003, 11:47 PM
Ginza all-you-can-eat Japanese food at Chinook.

IIRC: $20 per person during weekday evenings, $24 weekend evenings, and $16 weekend brunch.

It's a different experience. Shows her that you're adventurous!

GTS Jeff
07-10-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
how about mongolie grill. its my safety net lol.

good food and its simple.

ghetto!

Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
chicago chophouse

overrated...u pay for the trendiness..not the food, cuz its nothing special

Originally posted by chrisp
not sure what yer into but greek always works for me, try athens by night on 17th or the broken plate in kensington, great atmosphere.

broken plate was awesome!! the server did a crazy greek dance

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Mother Tuckers has great Prime Rib, and you can get out of there without breaking the bank. About $60 for two including drinks

that place is kinda outdated. even the ppl there are outdated (as in decrepidly old)

Originally posted by Superesc
its only 6 month, bring her out to have a BBQ in your backyard/Banff/Park/etc :D

going to banff would be romantic

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Ginza all-you-can-eat Japanese food at Chinook.

IIRC: $20 per person during weekday evenings, $24 weekend evenings, and $16 weekend brunch.

It's a different experience. Shows her that you're adventurous!

japanese food is adventurous???

tegdream
07-10-2003, 01:38 PM
whats a good place in banff?

RC-Cola
07-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by tegdream
whats a good place in banff?

Again if you want to go relatively cheap there is a Greek place right on Banff Ave like two doors down from the McDonald's. If you want to have a really cool experience then go to the Grizzly House.

If you want to go the traditional Japanese route go to the Silver Dragon.

bksze
07-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by RC-Cola

If you want to go the traditional Japanese route go to the Silver Dragon.

Silver Dragon serves chinese food. Sukiyaki in the same building serves Jap but if you're going to eat Jap, you may as well stay in Calgary. Saves you a bunch of money.

Seanith
07-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

japanese food is adventurous???

It is when your a white boy or a non-asian! :nut:

RiCE-DaDDy
07-10-2003, 11:47 PM
go to CHIEF CHINIKEE'S!!!!! on highway 1!!!!!!!!

i never been there

Fluidic
07-11-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
go to CHIEF CHINIKEE'S!!!!! on highway 1!!!!!!!!

i never been there

HAHAHAHAHA, believe it or not, but they're actually pretty good -- the only reason that place is still there! :thumbsup: :)

Peter

GTS Jeff
07-11-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

HAHAHAHAHA, believe it or not, but they're actually pretty good -- the only reason that place is still there! :thumbsup: :)

Peter i heard it sucks and its dirty inside. and apparently is only still there cuz of government subsidies. u know, cuz us big bad white ppl took land from their ancestors.

Fluidic
07-11-2003, 03:24 AM
LOL

I dunno who was last there, but it's pretty good -- and I haven't died from eating there cause this was months ago! hahahaha

Peter

max_boost
07-11-2003, 03:43 AM
Dude, just take her to a simple restaurant. What she really wants deep down inside is some Tiffany jewelry or LV accessories. I think that is the new trend for the ladies!

You said it yourself, you are 16! How much do you want to spend on her? Maybe it is just me but I NEVER go to any fancy restaurants. The whole aura gives me an uneasy feeling.

I always stick to my regulars, Golden Inn, Sakana Grill, and Joey Tomatoes.

lammer
07-11-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

I always stick to my regulars, Golden Inn, Sakana Grill, and Joey Tomatoes.

admit it sam, you dont' goto joey tomatoes for the backyard burger..haha :D

szw
07-11-2003, 03:52 AM
just went to this place today, its on 11th ave and 5st. SW called Sobaten japanese noodle restaurant or something like that.

Really cool place, go there!

max_boost
07-11-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by lammer

admit it sam, you dont' goto joey tomatoes for the backyard burger..haha :D

Actually I go for the Maple Grilled Salmon:drool: But places like that are starting to piss me off! So expensive!! haha I could probably get my chefs to whip up a similar/better dish!

lammer
07-11-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

Actually I go for the Maple Grilled Salmon:drool: But places like that are starting to piss me off! So expensive!! haha I could probably get my chefs to whip up a similar/better dish!

if only i had a resturant to turn to for food..haha

my only resturant is the boiling water and a bag of mama noodles.