PDA

View Full Version : Cracked bushing on Tie rod end

sc_MR2
10-11-2007, 04:03 PM
I have a cracked bushing on my driver side outer tie rod end and my car has been making weird noises latley kind of like a rubbing sound coming from my wheel well (im guessing cuz its hard to hear from inside). I was wondering if this cracked bushing could be causing this sound if you can understand what I mean and also if I should be overly worried as I was told this is not a big deal. Thanks

Lo)2enz0
10-11-2007, 05:08 PM
tie rods don't have bushings only boots

after a while it will just dry out and fuck up

just replace it, if its an outer tie rod its so easy your little sister could do it

vietdood
10-11-2007, 05:17 PM
check your wheel bearing

G-ZUS
10-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Check your balljoints, my old accord was making the rubbing noise from the wheel well, turned out to be my ball joint

97'Scort
10-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Heh, do what Lo)2enz0 said and replace the end. Super easy work. Have a look at your ball joints while you're down there, but it's a lot more work to start fiddling with those. See if the simplest fix is the solution.

TNationFTW
10-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I think it sounds like a ball joint
it went on my old Maxixma and it was a rubbing sound

Annoyingrob
10-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
tie rods don't have bushings only boots
Are you sure about that? My outer tie rod has a pivot with a shaft on the end, that shaft fits into a bushing on the wheel assembly.

ken.bryle21
10-13-2007, 10:47 PM
shit im having a same problem on my civic hb everytime im backing up its making noise... dont know what it is... installed megan rear lca and koni yellows struts and ground control coilovers but still da same... can still hear the noise.... any other parts i should change or fix?