PDA

View Full Version : RSX Type S

G
07-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Just got myself an RSX Type S. Got a little too bored driving the automatic G35.

szw
07-09-2003, 03:57 PM
Can I have your shiftknob if you replace it?

G
07-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by szw
Can I have your shiftknob if you replace it?

Most likely won't do anything to the car...but sure if I do.

B17a
07-09-2003, 04:07 PM
How's the performance compare? They're two very different cars.

G
07-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by B17a
How's the performance compare? They're two very different cars.

The G is definately faster not to mention the whiplash torque. The RSX-S is fun to drive because it's standard. Good little weekend car. It cost more to insure the RSX then it does for the G how does that make any sense. $1000/year for the G and $1500 for the RSX-S. This is already with 10% multil car discount and 5% multi product discount (house) applied.

B17a
07-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by G

The G is definately faster not to mention the whiplash torque. The RSX-S is fun to drive because it's standard. Good little weekend car. It cost more to insure the RSX then it does for the G how does that make any sense. $1000/year for the G and $1500 for the RSX-S. This is already with 10% multil car discount and 5% multi product discount (house) applied.

I guess its the "family grocery getter" vs. "sports car" view. I would have thought the RSX-S would have been close to the G, speedwise, but what do I know. Now you'll have to change your user name!:D

G
07-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by B17a

I guess its the "family grocery getter" vs. "sports car" view. I would have thought the RSX-S would have been close to the G, speedwise, but what do I know. Now you'll have to change your user name!:D

No I am keeping the G plus I am getting the G35 Coupe next year so the name will still be ok. I actually bought the RSX-S for my fiance but I know I will be in it more than her.

benyl
07-09-2003, 04:39 PM
G has too many Gs ($$$) :bigpimp:

RCBVtec
07-09-2003, 04:41 PM
congrats on the new purchase man!! What color is it?

I had a run a few months ago with a G35 (not the coupe), it was from a rolling start and I was half a car length ahead of him by the time we shut em down. I'm surprised you noticed such a huge difference. None the less, have fun with it man!

Superesc
07-09-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by G
I actually bought the RSX-S for my fiance but I know I will be in it more than her.

hmm that also sounds like another member of the forum. Buying cars for the gf/fiance :D

a_peep
07-09-2003, 04:53 PM
Come on clubrsx.com it's a good forum, and you get to find out anything you want about the RSX-S.

Congrats on the new car.

G
07-09-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by RCBVtec
congrats on the new purchase man!! What color is it?

I had a run a few months ago with a G35 (not the coupe), it was from a rolling start and I was half a car length ahead of him by the time we shut em down. I'm surprised you noticed such a huge difference. None the less, have fun with it man!

From a full stop the G will take the Lude but from a rolling start that maybe a different story. I had a 2000 Lude before I got the G.

Altezza
07-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Superesc

hmm that also sounds like another member of the forum. Buying cars for the gf/fiance :D

Hmmm....

G
07-09-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Altezza

Hmmm....

Funny you should mention this....I saw this fellow at Silverhill today.

Superesc
07-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by G

Funny you should mention this....I saw this fellow at Silverhill today.

Was he talking kinda funny, like he lost a few teeth???? :rofl:

G
07-09-2003, 05:25 PM

Looked like he had a limp....did he get the beat down?

Altezza
07-09-2003, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by G

Looked like he had a limp....did he get the beat down?

The teeth thing is a cover...he got the beats for not buying an NSX instead.

max_boost
07-09-2003, 07:06 PM
Good choice on the ride bro!!! Except you budged in line!!! Dam Asians!! haha

GTS Jeff
07-10-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by G

Most likely won't do anything to the car...but sure if I do. the rsx-s is CRAZY for mods. u can run low 14s with boltons and a hondata flash. i know it sounds like ricemath, but there are a few rsxs in alberta that run 14s with these minor mods..

a_peep
07-10-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
the rsx-s is CRAZY for mods. u can run low 14s with boltons and a hondata flash. i know it sounds like ricemath, but there are a few rsxs in alberta that run 14s with these minor mods..

Ricemath lol, he's stating the truth. Hopefully I'll get Hondata one of these days... as for now I'm just in the works of ordering an Injen CAI and Borla Exhaust.

People have been getting into the low 14's for approx. $2500 CDN of mods.

Ben
07-10-2003, 01:35 AM
G, thats awesome!

When do you pick it up, we should go for wings next week.

max_boost
07-10-2003, 01:37 AM
Sweet!
So what is the better CAI? Injen or AEM?

I was thinking of picking up a Greddy EVo exhaust but with the recent string of enlarged tip tickets, I think I'll stay away from that modification for now. What about headers? I am too lazy to research, just tell me what is the best haha

And a_peep, do you know where transformspoilers.com are located? I can't find their location information on the website. I'm thinking of picking up the painted Type-R wing from them :dunno:

szw
07-10-2003, 01:39 AM
I think they are from edmonton

max_boost
07-10-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by szw
I think they are from edmonton

Do they have an actual shop? I wouldn't mind driving up to Edmonton to get the spoiler installed.

szw
07-10-2003, 01:52 AM
oops wrong shop.

i was thinking of these guys.

http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/fx/
http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/fx/Acura%20RSX%20Type%20R%20Wing.jpg

These guys are in edmonton and do installs (apparently recently did this beauty)
http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/fx/Customers%20-%20Allan%20Integra%20Rear.jpg

max_boost
07-10-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by szw
oops wrong shop.

i was thinking of these guys.

http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/fx/
http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/fx/Acura%20RSX%20Type%20R%20Wing.jpg

These guys are in edmonton and do installs (apparently recently did this beauty)
http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/fx/Customers%20-%20Allan%20Integra%20Rear.jpg

These guys look like they run a ricer shop, I don't know if I trust my car with them!!:rofl:

RCBVtec
07-10-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by G

From a full stop the G will take the Lude but from a rolling start that maybe a different story. I had a 2000 Lude before I got the G.

Good to know ;)

G
07-10-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Good choice on the ride bro!!! Except you budged in line!!! Dam Asians!! haha

Hey I was there first....trying to budge in front of me by pulling the friendship card with the Asian Saleman. Thank goodness the business manager lives a few houses from me. :D

a_peep
07-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Sweet!

I was thinking of picking up a Greddy EVo exhaust but with the recent string of enlarged tip tickets, I think I'll stay away from that modification for now. What about headers? I am too lazy to research, just tell me what is the best haha

And a_peep, do you know where transformspoilers.com are located? I can't find their location information on the website. I'm thinking of picking up the painted Type-R wing from them :dunno:

I have no idea where they are from.

Injen CAI is an easier install, must people go with that. Or else they're very similar in gains.

Headers there really isn't much out yet, I know one of them makes your CEL light go on. I'm going to wait awhile yet for the headers to develop.

CRXguy
07-10-2003, 06:53 PM
Sweet!

Get a JRSC. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Congrats on the new purchase, G! Care to share the wealth? :D

vtec96
07-10-2003, 08:03 PM

These guys look like they run a ricer shop, I don't know if I trust my car with them!!:rofl:

um...install by yourself !
only need to drill 4 holes to install it~~
I bought my Type R Spoiler for my RSX from transformspoilers.com
cheap and nice~~..I think it was $350 painted..and shipped ..:clap:

RiceCake
07-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Congrats on the new ride! :thumbsup:

FiveFreshFish
07-11-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by G
It cost more to insure the RSX then it does for the G how does that make any sense.

The RSX probably averages a higher cost per claim, and the incidence of claims may be greater when compared to the G.

The purchase price or book value of the car has influence, but it's not the sole determining factor of your premium.

max_boost
07-11-2003, 01:18 AM
Check this out

I almost got the Civic LX coupe instead of the RSX-S, only to find out that the Civic is $3 more than the RSX on insurance per month!!! This is with Statefarm......facking weird