PDA

View Full Version : FS: eVGA e-Geforce 8800 Ultra Superclocked 768MB

n03l
10-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Video card: eVGA e-GeForce 8800 Ultra Superclocked 768MB PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDTV-Out
Details:
http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?PageTag=&page=file&memx_menu=EmbedProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=10464&SID=
600obo

Selling, because I don't have time to be the gamer that I wanted to be!.

Also selling: Corsair 2GB XMS2-8500D Dominator TWIN2X Dual Channel DDR2 Kit (2 x 1GB)
http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?PageTag=&page=file&memx_menu=EmbedProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=9794&SID=
200obo

pm with any questions, thanks

Cowtown_Raider
10-12-2007, 11:35 AM
YGPM

92_VTEC_lude
10-12-2007, 01:59 PM
very temping to buy that card so i can do SLI with it as I bought the exact same card 2 months ago....:D
very good deal with the used card at $600, good luck with the sale

Cowtown_Raider
10-12-2007, 02:23 PM
sold! :)

Can't imagine two of these things in SLI

92_VTEC_lude
10-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Cowtown_Raider
sold! :)

Can't imagine two of these things in SLI

get yourself RIVATUNER to monitor the temperature of that core, you will be shocked when it idles at 65C-70C and hits 85C to 90C in some games.... I had to upgrade to a NIDE HUNDRED case with 3 fans (also I custom the fan with switches so I can turn them on or off anytime I want to) and use RIVATUNER and make custom fan profile to cool that card down to 55C idle and 70C in gaming... I was so scared of burning that card out when it hit 90C couple times... Have fun gaming in the max out everything.....:D

Cowtown_Raider
10-13-2007, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the tips. I did hear the card runs really hot. The thing is massive! I don't know if I'd be worried about the core reaching high 80s or low 90s. The GPU in my laptop (7800 go GTX) hits that under load as well...and has been going strong for 2 years. ATI tool is also good for maxing out your card and seeing how it does under load.

I just have a small generic case with everything kinda crammed in there. I hope I don't have to upgrade the case.

lost_in_bsd
10-14-2007, 08:35 PM
upgrade the case, your ambient will go up alot with that card, and that can cause all sorts of fun problems

but thats just my 2 cents

Cowtown_Raider
10-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Yeah I might have to do that if it's overheating, but I've been throwing a bunch of games at it and it doesn't seem to go over 85. No crashes, no artifacts. So far so good.

92_VTEC_lude
10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Cowtown_Raider
Yeah I might have to do that if it's overheating, but I've been throwing a bunch of games at it and it doesn't seem to go over 85. No crashes, no artifacts. So far so good.

try to run the PERFORMANCE test in LOST PLANET EXTREME CONDITION PC game and watched your temperature climb to a shocking level at the end of the SNOW level and that is only a test so if you play the actual game it will be much longer than 2 mins test and your card will be at the shocking temp... With my old case my temp climbed to a 90C after couple passes with the test, and the new case drop that to a 75C max. These card will work fine at temp of 120C according to Nvidia but any temp higher than 90C does not look good for me as I do not want to fry a 800 bucks retail card after a year or 2 and I do play a lot a lot of games these days and with all the new games going to be released in November, if you try TIME SHIFT demo you will see the real power of this card when turn on every candy in that game at max resolution...