PDA

View Full Version : For sale: '91 Honda CRX Special Edition

Genki
07-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Very rare model, 192,XXX km, manual, silver color, alarm, keyless entry, pwr sunroof, CD, lowered, 17" enkei rims and a set of winter tires.

price is $7400 with rims and $6400 without.

http://members.shaw.ca/saneha/crx1.JPG

These are the features of the 1991 Special Edition CRX:

- only 250 produced and sold only in Canada
- vogue silver color
- leather wrapped steering wheel
- SiR spoiler
- CD and tape stereo system
- decals
- side molding painted

spoon_civic
07-09-2003, 06:45 PM
thats kind of alot dont u think

88CRX
07-09-2003, 07:00 PM
show me pics........... i want pics...... super interested :thumbsup:

C_CRX
07-09-2003, 07:15 PM
Depends on how you look at it-

Only 250 CRX SE's were ever made an in North America and only for the Canadian market. Taking into account a few that have been stolen or crashed, that number could easily be under 200 by now. And then you have the kids who buys one, butchers it with a bodykit, engine swap and altezza's making a once rare CRX just like every other out there. Sad but true!
For this exclusivity and rarity alone people will pay that and more, depending on condition (less if it's in rougher shape). By the sounds of things though, it has been winter driven (why else have winter tires?)- with winter comes a higher chance for rust and other such 'accidents'.
Sure, not much was different from the Si's but that shouldn't matter to a die-hard CRX fan! I know of a few other SE's that have sold for $10K+ in the past few years with no winter driving, mint original body and properly maintained. Heck, I even know a guy who's owned his SE since new and refuses to drive it in the rain also! This is truly the type of car that has to be kept mint and original to keep any of it's value, especially later on if/when the CRX becomes a classic!
It's kind of like comparing a Civic Si to an SiR or an ITR to a GSR.

Just my thoughts on this...

Edit: Guess I could have explained my last comparison better. Engines aside they are very similar to the same cars! No one can doubt that. The differences are very subtle. Maybe it would have been better to compare an EX to an Si and an LS to and RS?

3G
07-09-2003, 10:53 PM
I've seen the car..

its MINT..

bump for a nice guy and sweet ride

lammer
07-09-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by C_CRX

It's kind of like comparing a Civic Si to an SiR or an ITR to a GSR.

Just my thoughts on this...

ITR is like racing tuned, suspensions and all no a/c and such.

GSR has weaker engine, not as great suspensions and luxury..

Seanith
07-09-2003, 11:52 PM
Whats so "special" about this car? Power windows? Sunroof??

CRXguy
07-10-2003, 12:03 AM
It's the only CRX to get Vogue Silver Metallic paint, painted mouldings/sideskirts, cassette/cd player, a/c, and a few other stuff that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

CRX Special Edition is not like comparing Si --> SiR, or GS-R --> ITR. Those cars have different motors, suspension and some interior differences. The difference between CRX Si's and SE's are basically what I mentioned earlier. Still the same motor and suspension though.

Genki
07-13-2003, 03:06 AM
bump

88CRX
07-13-2003, 10:01 PM
is there any rust? or has there ever been any rust?

why was it painted again?