PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

rice_eater
07-09-2003, 07:03 PM
:banghead:

Abom
07-09-2003, 09:51 PM
I'd say fuck him and not pick it up. Obviously he knew what you wanted, and recommended something that he should have known wasn't up to your standards. So fuck him, don't pick it up, let him buy it :thumbsup:

rice_eater
07-09-2003, 11:10 PM

Seanith
07-09-2003, 11:33 PM
well fuck if its his mistake, go in again and tell him its not what you want and you let him talk you into it (which was a mistake) and say you have no intention to pay for it and want your $$ back. i don't see why he can't cancel they probably haven't shipped it out yet.

rice_eater
07-09-2003, 11:59 PM

mwmhong
07-10-2003, 10:49 AM
Don't storm in there and say "It's your fuc#ing fault", etc.
Nothing good can come out of doing that. :)

Just make sure you go about it diplomatically, thank him for ordering the part and just tell him that the part does not meet your expectations/requirements. Don't bring up whose fault it was unless you absolutely have to. It might even be a good idea to pay the restocking fee if it is reasonable and they ask you to pay it, because you would have lost $100 if you just take off.

rice_eater
07-10-2003, 11:29 AM

mwmhong
07-10-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
mwmhong...are you on the apex forum too? www.apexmodified.ca it's a really good neon store up in edmonton, but there's a whole bunch of calgary and area people on it too...you should check it out :D

Well I am now, member #51 :D
That forum looks very quiet though, because specificity leads to lack of activity. :(

I'll just stick to Beyond. :thumbsup:
Maybe I'll end up being banned like on neons.org. :rofl:

rice_eater
07-10-2003, 02:44 PM
yeah it's a small forum for sure...nothing gets more posts thatn postwhore.ca errr...beyond.ca :D i just use it when i have a problem and need some quick help (store guys are almost always on) and the local guys are always glad to help so...besides ordering from edmonton is a lot cheaper than ordering from the states...nothing gets more posts thatn postwhore.ca errr...beyond.ca :D what do you have done to your car man?

speedracer
07-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
What would you guys do? I mean I should have checked it out too first but fuck...i trusted him...:dunno:

Pay the restocking fee to send it back to Michigan. I don't see how it's his fault. You put the money down and you ordered the part.

The IT crate / parts is just that built for IT Spec racing. It's pretty easy to get all the info from the spec racing forum for the MP head.

Phuqu
07-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Fuck you all.

George I never told you what to order. You had free choice to order what ever you wanted. You had so many questions that an expert couldn't even answer them.

I don't even want to go into the route you chose to rebuild your engine. It's your car do whatever the fuck you want with it. I've always went out of my way to help you out anytime you've come around.

You fucked up your transaxle and who got you going on your way with that? Sure wasn't you. I think $55 for cleaning up your mess, saving you an input shaft and putting it back together with new axle seals and sealant was a smoking deal. The seals were $20 by the way. Did I come running to you bitching about the $5 I was out. I didn't think so. I wasn't even going to tell you about it. But now that we are on the subject how this is all my fault?

So to clear things up and to set things straight I'm pissed off. How can you get off telling people that I told you to order it? You asked so many questions about this head and that head and expect me to be your engine builder. Well guess what do some research. You've known me long enough to know where I can be a help.

I don't even know what's wrong with your head anyway. For fucks sake I'm a bodyguy for a living. I drive a DOHC so what would I know of SOHC. Let alone the fact that you have a 1st gen and your putting 2nd gen stuff on. Do some research. It's your car. I went out of my way to get you prices on just about everything so you can save a few $$. You had all the time in the world to think about your options.

Did I get anything out of it. Not bloody likely. I did it because I like supporting the community. The community you are a part of. Well guess what?

You can find a head on your own. You gave me $100 for the deposit. Then another $55 for the transaxle. The transaxle repair was $55. I used
the first $100 to pay for the repair and put $45 for the deposit. So you have $100 of yours in my toolbox. Since it was a special order your going to lose your deposit of $45 instead of $100. That means I still have $55 of yours. You can pick that up when you have the time. Actually you can make it $50 as I am making you now cover the $5 extra for the axle seals.

Your magnum head will be here in the morning but by afternoon it's going back. Get it elsewhere.

Also that exhaust manifold you needed? The one I said I could probably get for dirt cheap I got one for $20 with the 02 sensor in it. I'm throwing that out just for spite. You can find one on your own.

As for the rest of you jumping to conclusions you can all fuck yourselves too. Get the facts straight.

I never told him to put any head into his engine. That was his decision. This wasn't a one day deal. I gave him 5 options. All his choice.

Ah fuck it. I'm wasting my time replying but since I typed it I'm going to send it and see the interesting responses now.

hjr
07-10-2003, 07:55 PM
well, i think thats well put. You really shouldnt complain behind peoples backs. Shit, its easier to call the guy up and discuss everthing than it is to come here and solve nothing (and make it alot worse apperantly).

Anyways, my $0.02

hjr
07-10-2003, 07:56 PM
PS- Its no good deleting your posts. he already saw them...

rice_eater
07-10-2003, 07:57 PM
i didn't want to complain behind his bacK! :banghead: either way it's my fault 100% and i take all the blame from it...

rice_eater
07-10-2003, 08:03 PM
i deleted them because there was no point keeping this thread alive any longer! i fucked up by posting when i was mad, so i'm gonna take it on the chin now for it...no point in getting any more opinions on this topic! I pissed him off and he has no reason to ever speak with me again except to maybe tell me to fuck myself when i go get that $50 and he will have every good reason too!

Abom
07-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Ahhhhhhhh, if he's a "body man" he shouldn't even be giving you options if he has no idea what he's talking about. No offense to him, but if he doesn't even know what he's talking about, he shouldn't even be giving you options. You should have looked it up yourself and just told him what you wanted.

I say you're both partly at fault.

rice_eater
07-10-2003, 09:00 PM
guy you could not be any more wrong! He gave me a whole bunch of options that he went out of his way to find for me! We just started talking about them and he said he would go with the mopar head since it's actually a race head. That was the only time he "Recommended" anything...it was ME who should have gone out and read up about it instead of day dreaming. The guy was nice time after time to me and always went the extra mile to help. I just happened to get over stressed about shit and be an asshole in that very first post...therefor he has every right to be mad. If i have to pay full price for that stuff then fuck it i will, but out of respect for the guy please stop assosiating any more of the blame on him...someone please close this thread

Phuqu
07-10-2003, 09:25 PM
Back they bus up there Abom.

Being a licensed autobody mechanic has no bearing on what I know about cars. I knew everything about all the options that were available to him. Why should I say anything about what I would do? It's not my car so I laid out what the options were. Each one had it's pros and cons. He can and did make the choice.

Straight out the box the head he chose was good for 160hp on an IT spec engine. IT spec head.

His second choice out the box is 150hp. Magnum, R/T whatever you want to call it.

There is a cost decision to be made as well.

One costs less.

Why not port your existing head? That costs some $ too. How much flow will you get? Who knows. Let's see you figure that out.

You could look at this so many ways. HP/dollar, etc...

I help people out when I can. I am not a babysitter. I'm not their mother. And I won't put up with stuff like this.

You don't even know the facts about what head choices were available. If I was talking smack to him then sure flame away.

Everyone learns. Did I tell George what to do? He made up his own mind. It's his car. If I was in his situation I would have done it differently. I have different resources than him. He is doing it his way. I merely was helping him out like I have always helped out others.

I don't want to make this a pissing contest but to jump to conclusions and to have people tell me to fuck myself just doesn't go over well with me at all.

rice_eater
07-10-2003, 09:47 PM
man...if the head comes in tomorrow why not keep it there, i'll pay you full price for it, you keep the difference or whatever you want and i get the head two days sooner and you get payed for all your troubles. We end this on a good note and everyone is happy.