PDA

View Full Version : Civic deck/clock not turning on?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-13-2007, 05:17 PM
MY deck and clock won't turn on anymore when I start the car. It's a 92 civic. Checked the fuses, all good, even the one in the back of the deck, changed the accessories fuse anyways... Clock will turn on if I press the button that lets it turn on when the car is off, but no power to the clock when the cars off and resets everytime. Put a voltmeter across the power wires to the deck, and had 0v on the accessories cable and the battery 12v cable (yellow).. I'll have to double check, but thats what I remember..

It happened AFTER my interior lights fuse blew, I changed it, my lights work. Anyone have ANY ideas at all?

TNationFTW
10-13-2007, 05:18 PM
that's weird, most times if you replace the accessories fuse the problem is fixed

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Yea I know... I'm almost worried that one of the wires melted/burnt out. I checked the battery connection, and it seems solid? :dunno:

BTW, is that like... your 5th account in 3 days? Can't catch a break?

natejj
10-13-2007, 05:30 PM
I've had this problem before. There was a fuse lablled "Room". The fuse wasnt blown, but the connection sucked. I had to wiggle the fuse everytime I wanted it to turn on. I could not figure out what to do, so I ended up running the ignition lead from my deck straight to battery, so that fixed the deck. As for the inboard clock, couldnt do anything, so I just put my old Timex on my dash! Good luck.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Was this in a civic or your 626? Where was the fuse labeled "room"?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Bump? Can anyone help me at all? I'm not really interested in dismantling my dash to find this one wire... Unless someone can tell me where to look specifically and the best way to get at it?

Lucky97
10-15-2007, 05:34 PM
this happen to me. the fuse i blew was a amp fuse. i blew that one and the light fuse. try changing those. or maybe even rewireing your deck?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Amp fuse? I don't have an amp connected? I also already changed the light fuse and tested the rest... I'm showing 5v on the battery wire and 0v on the accessory wire (with the key turned to on).

Last thing I want to do it rewire the deck, as that wouldn't really solve the problem (with my clock as well). I just wish it was only the damn fuse. I hope it's an easy fix that i'll kick myself in the ass for.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
So it's the "back up" fuse in the engine bay... But anytime I reconnect the deck, it blows the fuse... Think the deck is toast? or the wiring?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-15-2007, 06:16 PM
It was the deck internally shorting. :drama: :closed: