PDA

View Full Version : Are eye exams required for a driver's license?

TorqueDog
10-14-2007, 06:10 PM
What about being able to read capitalized, bold black lettering on a white background, that's on a sign the size of your car?

http://www.idleminded.com/pictures/stupid/1.jpg
http://www.idleminded.com/pictures/stupid/2.jpg
http://www.idleminded.com/pictures/stupid/3.jpg

G-ZUS
10-14-2007, 06:16 PM
whats the ticket for trying to go through that. On friday night we watched some guy in a minivan get stuck in the one behind pearson, after we stopped laughing, we felt bad and helped push him out

D911
10-14-2007, 06:17 PM
during the summer that happened like every other week @ another trap from harvest hills blvd into center st.

nismodrifter
10-14-2007, 06:22 PM
hahaha, I don't know why you would even attempt it in a Camry.

They got rid of the ones on Bow Bottom Trail. They replaced these holes with electronic gates which go up whenever a bus is approaching.

What part of the city is the pictured one located in?

I thought I had seen these pics before but my memorys messed up...I saw a Toyota Corolla in the exact same color try and attempt the same shit behind Pearson a couple years ago.

LongCity
10-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Wait a second... they are driving on the wrong side of the motherfuckin road!

soupey
10-14-2007, 06:42 PM
^hahaha explains why he didnt see the sign...

but cmon guys, we all know that if u go fast enough you can fly right over those things:burnout:

TorqueDog
10-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by LongCity
Wait a second... they are driving on the wrong side of the motherfuckin road! That too.

It's up on 4th Street NE, near the bridge. Taken this evening.

http://www.idleminded.com/pictures/stupid/lol.jpg

89s1
10-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Pull you skinny bastard pull

jav_
10-14-2007, 11:02 PM
LMAO!

Xtrema
10-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Problem 1: speak no English

Problem 2: drive like English

I haven't been there for a while, it's a trap on both lanes correct? Why else would they try the opposite lane?

snowboard
10-15-2007, 11:25 AM
haha i watched a redneck drive through the one behind pearson in his jeep a few times lol
i always considered trying it with my truck on the way to school.. haha..

TorqueDog
10-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Problem 1: speak no English

Problem 2: drive like English

I haven't been there for a while, it's a trap on both lanes correct? Why else would they try the opposite lane? Don't believe so. One lane is gated (and is only opened when people drive into the trap). The other one has the trap.

I can understand why they put things like this in. It gives the effect of a cul-de-sac (no through traffic) which is good for families with small children, while still allowing public transit passage.

Ferio_vti
10-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by D911
during the summer that happened like every other week @ another trap from harvest hills blvd into center st.

I saw 2 cars at the same time on Centre this summer.

TorqueDog
10-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Two at the same time? How in the f--....

98type_r
10-15-2007, 03:10 PM
it never ceases to amaze me how people in their sedans and minivans always get stuck in those things. I drive by the one on Centre St North in Beddington all the time and at least once a week i see another poor bastard stuck in it.

Xtrema
10-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Two at the same time? How in the f--....

May be one think it can nudge the other one out.

em2ab
10-15-2007, 05:05 PM
1. Why is the sign facing the other way? Obviously he's not going to see it.
2. Why is he on the wrong side of the road?
3. I've never seen one of these before.

89s1
10-15-2007, 07:13 PM
1. theres signs on both sides, the other one is just a farther walk... laziness in mockery ftw.

2.read the thread, there is a gate on the other side, and this looks more passable than a steel gate.

3. welcome to calgary :dunno:

V6-BoI
10-15-2007, 08:57 PM
I see that all the time on the center street and harvest hills blvd one. I remember one time I saw this guy get his back tires stuck in the bus trap. Dunno how the hell he managed to get his front tires passed it. Usually I laugh at people who get stuck, but I gave that guy props....

chongkee_
10-15-2007, 09:24 PM
crazy guy... you dont go through those driving a car.. well unless its equipped with a 4ft wing

SHO
10-15-2007, 09:49 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Only sad thing is that they represent Calgary livin at it's best:cry:

BoS_DC2
10-15-2007, 10:01 PM
rofl, i saw that a lot in NE near the LC where Route 48/34 passes..

cityhunter2501
10-15-2007, 10:02 PM
haha nice spotting

jtl
10-16-2007, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by BoS_DC2
rofl, i saw that a lot in NE near the LC where Route 48/34 passes..

haha me too ... it's funny when you see them slow down to a crawl to read the sign carefully then PLOP right in there hahaha :rofl:

i musta seen people get stuck in that one half a dozen times over the last couple years...

TorqueDog
10-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by em2ab
3. I've never seen one of these before. I guess my next question must be "Is a literacy test required to join beyond.ca?" :D Read the thread, Chachi.

em2ab
10-16-2007, 01:23 PM
I guess my next question must be "Is a literacy test required to join beyond.ca?" :D Read the thread, Chachi.
None of these questions were answered, did you read it?
So I'm trying to figure this out, someone is driving down the road and for some reason there's a gate across it? So they decide to go around the gate by driving down the wrong side of the road?

QuasarCav
10-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Is that Lil Jon?

SunniSunShine
10-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Is that Lil Jon?

naw man thats RICK JAMES BITCH

clem24
10-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Thread title should be changed to "are brains required for a driver's license".

I don't feel sorry for those stupid morons or their car. I do feel sorry for the bus driver and it's passengers that has to wait for a tow truck or find an alternate route. Doesn't the 4/5 go thru there?

I assume they'll be fined. Demerits too? Should be -5000 points for doing something so blatantly stupid and obvious.

?????
10-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by 98type_r
it never ceases to amaze me how people in their sedans and minivans always get stuck in those things. I drive by the one on Centre St North in Beddington all the time and at least once a week i see another poor bastard stuck in it.

At least twice a week. Theres one there right now.

TorqueDog
10-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Let me enlighten you...

3. I've never seen one of these before. 1. Did this even need to be asked? Have you ever been at a stop-sign controlled intersection? If you're on the wrote side of the road, is there not still a stop-sign facing you, even if it is beside the other lane? Now imagine that stop sign is the size of a Toyota Camry... enough said.
2. There is no 'wrong' side of the road. The other side is gated to let the bus through once some idiot gets his car stuck in the trap.
3. There's quite a few of them, specifically in/near residential areas.

clem24
10-17-2007, 09:41 AM
What they really need is a car shredder down there. So drop your car in and it automatically shreds up your car like a paper shredder. That'll deter people. Canada is way too lax. Our roads and driving programs breed stupid drivers.

em2ab
10-17-2007, 10:20 AM
So explain to me again what these are for. I'm still not getting it. How do you get down that road without falling in the trap?

98type_r
10-17-2007, 10:25 AM
So explain to me again what these are for. I'm still not getting it. How do you get down that road without falling in the trap?

You DON'T go down that road. The street's basically a dead end because of the trap, it's there to allow buses to get through but it's closed to all other traffic.

?????
10-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Its to prevent people from driving through residential areas except transit and emergency services. The buses or firetrucks can drive right through without falling in or the police and smaller vehicles have keys to the gate.
They want everyone else to take the main roads to get to the other side which usually means a longer route.

TorqueDog
10-17-2007, 11:10 AM
It gives the effect of a cul-de-sac (no through traffic) which is good for families with small children, while still allowing public transit passage. Ahem.

em2ab
10-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Ahem.
That quote doesn't explain how it works. I still don't understand how a bus can drive over it but not a car.

lamp_shade_2000
10-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Buses are quite a bit wider than a family sedan, so the bus can use the small section of road on each side of the trap. This is why it was mentioned above that firetrucks and ambulances can mae it through but not cop cars.

TorqueDog
10-17-2007, 04:03 PM
That quote doesn't explain how it works. I still don't understand how a bus can drive over it but not a car. Look at the close-up picture.

On either side of the car belonging to the doorknob who drove into the trap, you can see two platforms. The bus' footprint fits into it perfectly, so it drives along without a hitch.

On the other hand, you can see that a Camry does not have a wheelbase that will accomodate safe passage.

DarkDream
10-24-2007, 02:02 PM
wasn't there a thread on clip about people driving through those traps in england but there traps was a pole that came right back up

89s1
10-24-2007, 02:17 PM
yes, i remember that one from a while back.

even more inticing toidiots because they think if they are fast enough the pole wont hang up the car and dent their underbody

kertejud
10-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 89s1
yes, i remember that one from a while back.

even more inticing toidiots because they think if they are fast enough the pole wont hang up the car and dent their underbody

Well one car could get by if they were fast enough. It was always the second car that would get pwned.